It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher blames Sandy on gays

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

No, the case isn't closed at all. You are completely incorrect in your hypothesis. People are, indeed, "born that way' and there is scientific evidence to back it up.

You may want to believe it's a choice, and that's YOUR choice, but it doesn't make it true.

It still stands, IF it were a choice, that means YOU had a make a choice. If YOU had to make a choice, that means you must have attraction to men as well as women. How long have you been repressing your bisexuality? What type of men are you attracted to? There's really no way around it. If it IS a choice, then you had to have made the choice. If you made the choice, you had to have something to choose from. You must be repressing your gay side in favor of your heterosexual side so I'm asking what kind of men it is you are attracted to. That is really the only option that exists if it's a choice like you claim it is.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either they are born that way and you weren't born one of them or they made a choice and you also made a choice.

So, which is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

If you can't find any love in those scriptures, I can't help you to see it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Gays killed the dinosaurs too!

See - absolute proof that humans and dinosaurs lived together therefore the world is only 6000 years old!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by kimar
Gays killed the dinosaurs too!

See - absolute proof that humans and dinosaurs lived together therefore the world is only 6000 years old!!

Nah, they did it with their gay-time-machine

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Arighty.... Attraction is attraction, and from birth to when you develop feelings towards other people (crushes etc..) Some people get attracted to opposite sex, same sex, animals, kids, older people.....

Physical attraction is chemical -- it has nothing to do with choice - environment - upbringing or anything external. Its ingrained in how the body/brain developed from conception.

Preference in appearance - education - economic status - - - is probably a combination of body make-up and environment/upbringing.

Ok. You could be right, but I don't think so. If what your saying is true, then attraction to the same sex is a chemical imbalance...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Ok. You could be right, but I don't think so. If what your saying is true, then attraction to the same sex is a chemical imbalance...

Why would it be an imbalance since so many animals in nature have it? Seems it's not an imbalance, just a different balance. An "imbalance" suggests something is wrong. Different isn't wrong, it's just different.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by dayve

No, the case isn't closed at all. You are completely incorrect in your hypothesis. People are, indeed, "born that way' and there is scientific evidence to back it up.

You may want to believe it's a choice, and that's YOUR choice, but it doesn't make it true.

It still stands, IF it were a choice, that means YOU had a make a choice. If YOU had to make a choice, that means you must have attraction to men as well as women. How long have you been repressing your bisexuality? What type of men are you attracted to? There's really no way around it. If it IS a choice, then you had to have made the choice. If you made the choice, you had to have something to choose from. You must be repressing your gay side in favor of your heterosexual side so I'm asking what kind of men it is you are attracted to. That is really the only option that exists if it's a choice like you claim it is.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either they are born that way and you weren't born one of them or they made a choice and you also made a choice.

So, which is it?

Ahhhh...Your on some other s***... I can prove that it is a choice. How many girls/guys put ads up on the internet and news papers saying they just want to "experiment" Claiming they are not gay, never done anything like that but all the sudden are curious... Were they born that way? Or is this rooted down to childhood trauma... I think some people can develop the "gay genes" but that doesn't mean they are going to turn out gay. Lets just say it can be a choice for some, and for some its just natural.. Idk who's giving you stars , your argument is more of a attempt to turn the gay thing around on me, show me some facts and I'll resign.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Why would it be an imbalance since so many animals in nature have it? Seems it's not an imbalance, just a different balance. An "imbalance" suggests something is wrong. Different isn't wrong, it's just different.

So when the babies in the womb, you would be able to tell if it is gay or not ..? It's aready decided for us before we are born?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Arighty.... Attraction is attraction, and from birth to when you develop feelings towards other people (crushes etc..) Some people get attracted to opposite sex, same sex, animals, kids, older people.....

Physical attraction is chemical -- it has nothing to do with choice - environment - upbringing or anything external. Its ingrained in how the body/brain developed from conception.

Preference in appearance - education - economic status - - - is probably a combination of body make-up and environment/upbringing.

We are all mutations from the original humans.

Homosexuals are normal healthy humans as they are born.

I'm going to state the following article is just an indicator that science will someday find reasons for human homosexuality.

And please do not be insulting - - - saying anything about a cure.

Same-Sex Attraction Is Genetically Wired In Nematode's Brain

I am ScienceDaily (Oct. 26, 2007) — University of Utah biologists genetically manipulated nematode worms so the animals were attracted to worms of the same sex -- part of a study that shows sexual orientation is wired in the creatures' brains.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So when the babies in the womb, you would be able to tell if it is gay or not ..? It's aready decided for us before we are born?

Yes, it is happens in the womb before we are even born, and a study done in 2008 looking at the structures of brains has linked homosexuality with biology. Here it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Interesting.... That you guys WANT that to be the case, instead of just flat out saying your gay because you choose to... But it's your life, more power to ya. If someone put a gun to your head n told you to go find someone of the opposite sex and have sex with them, i bet you could....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Interesting.... That you guys WANT that to be the case, instead of just flat out saying your gay because you choose to... But it's your life, more power to ya. If someone put a gun to your head n told you to go find someone of the opposite sex and have sex with them, i bet you could....

WANT?

You're being shown scientific data - - - and you respond its the way gays WANT IT? That they choose being gay.

I think you have that backwards. You want it to be the way YOU want it. But it isn't.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I actually made a joke with some people today that some American preacher was going to blame this on the gays.

Well, it seems like it wasn't a joke after all.

I wonder if the Westboro crowd will arrive in the aftermath, with "God Bless Sandy" posters, while people in crisis try to reclaim their lives?

How absolutely sick can religion get, and yet claim to be good?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

WANT?

You're being shown scientific data - - - and you respond its the way gays WANT IT? That they choose being gay.

I think you have that backwards. You want it to be the way YOU want it. But it isn't.

So what if I gave you actual studies that prove otherwise..? And they say it's more of an environmental factor than DNA. Would you then say the opposite? Maybe it's just me, but if someone told me I was born Christian, or born to like certain music, I'd have to stifle that statement and prove them wrong. Although, I think our brains react to certain music/sounds/voices, and to a liking or disliking even as toddlers, and that kind of stuff is what makes us individuals. But I guess gay people don't want to be individuals.... Im a lil fascinated by peoples stance on this, what else you got..?
edit on 31-10-2012 by dayve because: typoh

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

It sounds like you want it to be a choice so you can choose to hate.

I'm sure women in Africa just couldn't wait to choose to be lesbians so they could experience the wonderful world of corrective rape; American teens just dying to be so gay they commit suicide; and well I choose to be gay because I can't wait to be put behind an electric fence like cattle.

I mean, with all the great things you get being Queer, I'm surprised more of you aren't choosing this lifestyle. You're really missing out. Especially when you are offered a hypothetical situation where a gun to your head to force you to have sex with an individual is somehow a choice or consensual.

edit on 10/31/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by dayve

I'm sure women in Africa just couldn't wait to choose to be lesbians so they could experience the wonderful world of corrective rape; American teens just dying to be so gay they commit suicide; and well I choose to be gay because I can't wait to be put behind an electric fence like cattle.

I mean, with all the great things you get being Queer, I'm surprised more of you aren't choosing this lifestyle. You're really missing out.

Nahhh I don't hate. I'm sure its great being queer, just as great as being straight. Only difference is, the queer side is dividing themselves amongst everybody else just to prove a point.... (that their gay).... It makes no sense to me. You cant divide yourself, and demand this n that just to justify actions with "We were born this way, deal with it" .... That's how wars started, with crap like that. I just think the whole gay community is confused, and needs to tone it down a notch with this gay rights crap. Until I see a questionnaire that says check your race'

White
Black
Hispanic
Homosexual
Other...

Or a birth certificate that actually says gay/straight on the certificate, I'm gonna believe it's a choice.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You know, on this topic it's the damnedest thing. I've seen studies by people with letters after their names supposedly showing both that it's genetic at birth and that it's freely chosen. Others suggest it's environment and a learned thing.

Me? I think they're all wrong. They're wrong because all the cases that I can think of right now from the above categories insist THEIR findings are the ONLY findings that have merit and explain everything. Like the Theory of Relativity for sexuality.

Well.. I'll say this. I've personally met and known guys who CHOSE TO BE GAY and Bi-Sexual. College and Job Corps both gave me the opportunity to meet and/or live around an endless variety of people. Always the curious bunny...I take advantage of such things and talk to folks! How else to learn?

So..it's also true that I can say I've met others who absolutely knew they were gay or..at that age..just different FAR younger than sexuality even comes into being as a part of a person's personality. There's no shame in what happens as kids, and I didn't let it go anywhere..but my first "gay" experience was a fellow student in elementary coming onto me...and I was about 9 at the time. I knew it was wrong...in my OWN heart and values..and didn't do it. Likewise, he knew, in HIS heart and values, it was right and I presume is still very much living that life.

Whats the bottom line?? Well, how about there are BOTH Homosexuals who realize they are attracted to their own gender before sex is even the issue........and there are those who live the gay lifestyle but COULD just as easily take up a wife and be happy there. I've never understood why so many all around INSIST it's one or the other, period.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know, on this topic it's the damnedest thing. I've seen studies by people with letters after their names supposedly showing both that it's genetic at birth and that it's freely chosen. Others suggest it's environment and a learned thing.

Me? I think they're all wrong. They're wrong because all the cases that I can think of right now from the above categories insist THEIR findings are the ONLY findings that have merit and explain everything. Like the Theory of Relativity for sexuality.

Well.. I'll say this. I've personally met and known guys who CHOSE TO BE GAY and Bi-Sexual. College and Job Corps both gave me the opportunity to meet and/or live around an endless variety of people. Always the curious bunny...I take advantage of such things and talk to folks! How else to learn?

So..it's also true that I can say I've met others who absolutely knew they were gay or..at that age..just different FAR younger than sexuality even comes into being as a part of a person's personality. There's no shame in what happens as kids, and I didn't let it go anywhere..but my first "gay" experience was a fellow student in elementary coming onto me...and I was about 9 at the time. I knew it was wrong...in my OWN heart and values..and didn't do it. Likewise, he knew, in HIS heart and values, it was right and I presume is still very much living that life.

Whats the bottom line?? Well, how about there are BOTH Homosexuals who realize they are attracted to their own gender before sex is even the issue........and there are those who live the gay lifestyle but COULD just as easily take up a wife and be happy there. I've never understood why so many all around INSIST it's one or the other, period.

Wellllll.... I think you shot the horse dead... Good point, n I think your right.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by dayve

I mean, with all the great things you get being Queer, I'm surprised more of you aren't choosing this lifestyle. You're really missing out.

Or a birth certificate that actually says gay/straight on the certificate, I'm gonna believe it's a choice.

Hey, and while we're at it, let's start putting the letter I back on birth certificates so we can identify who is an illegitimate child born out of wedlock. We can always go back to wearing pink triangles to make it easier for you to know which of us are gay just like the Nazis... they were awesome at organizing. Let's also make a completely different school just for gay kids or kids of gays so everyone feels nice and comfortable.

The visibility of the LGBT/Queer community is a drop in the bucket that is the ocean of heterosexual representations. I'm pretty sure you have free will and you can look away. No one is forcing you to go watch a Pride parade if that's not your cup of tea.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The only studies I've seen that try to debunk geneticists findings of same sex attraction - - - have been religious based. Oh - and yes there are many with letters after their name that are of bible belief.

I know of 2 male professionals - - one a doctor - - that anti-gay supporters pull almost all their data from. Even though these 2 have been discredited. (can't remember the names right now).

NO - - I do not believe for one second any man chooses to be gay.

I don't know who you're hanging out with - - - but I'd say they are "yanking your chain".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join