It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher blames Sandy on gays

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I usually go out for brunch/lunch every Sunday.

As I drive by all the jam-packed churches (we seem to have a ton around here) I make it a point to say:

"Look at all the people that feel guilty about their lives..."

We try and get in/out before 12:30 ... all those people start to flood the local eateries with their screaming kids and holier-than-thou attitudes.

Costco is officially, "off-limits" on Sunday.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks Windword.

I know about those bible passages. They are very powerful.

I leave them for others to post
who are most likely more knowledgeable of the bible then I am.

Can you say "Selective" in what Fundamental Christians choose to accept and believe?

edit on 30-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You will always get people lke this who blame anything on anyone to try and get people to join their way.

''The gays did it,now join me and stop them''.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
Hate to say it... but... its true.... Gays have long caused suffering to the people of this once great nation.... there is no turning back

Yeeh the suffering of those programs about gays fixing your house or dress you up in style is just to much for me too.
. But you can turn of the tv if you do not like them. As long as people keep out of my personal space and treat me with respect then people normaly do not bother me except when they sprout hate and small minded thinking.

Namaste
edit on 30-10-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know people here cannot understand Swedish but I gotta share this video from a Swedish Comic Television Show that is spot on where they are making fun of the group of smallminded christians that have this belief.

English translation
lyricstranslate.com...

All across this earth
Catastrophes, terror and murders happen
But we who walk with Jesus take no responsiblity for that
For the root of all madness in this world isn't us

No, it's the gays' fault
The gays' fault
In the Bible it says
It's the gayss fault
I don't know what line and verse
Chapter or section
But somewhere in it it says
It's the gays' fault

The war in Afghanistan
The gays' fault
The dictature in Iran
The gays' fault
And earthquakes, floods
And all the other terrible stuff
And that V&S Group and SAAB and Volvo
Aren't Swedish at all

Yes, it's the gays' fault
The gays' fault
The world is on fire
And it's the gays' fault
My son with his hunting rifle
Shot four men to death
Somehow I can feel
It was the gays' fault

Divorce and alcoholism
The gays' fault
Traffic wardens and atheism
The gays' fault
That kids these days
Never learn anything about manners
That the Eurovision Song Contest
Never wants to end anymore

The gays' fault
Everything's upside down
And it's the gays' fault
My raising made me
Unable to become mentally stabile
But my family agrees
That it's the gays' fault

Crazy fundamentalism
The gays' fault
Every world historical schism
The gays' fault
Due to religion
We make war, kill and fight
And the responsibility for that
Is not ours

No, it's the gays' fault
The gays' fault
We can all agree
That it's the gays' fault
It's believed Satan himself
Is playing tricks on us
But even he go free
Because it's the gays' fault
The gays' fault
Everything that's wrong
Is the gays' fault

I've been sitting in front of my computer
And now my neck is stiff

There's no doubt of it
It's the gays' fault

The gays' fault

edit on 30-10-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
We all know? Love is love. It matters not who receives the love and who give the love.

you westerns call everything LOVE simply. it seems that LOVE is so cheap in this world !

1 Samuel 18:
1As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
2And Saul took him that day and would not let him return to his father’s house.
3Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul.
4And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him and gave it to David, and his armor, and even his sword and his bow and his belt.

That sounds pretty "gay" to me!

however I see no gay in those sentences but maybe this is why homosexual Vatican has banned normal sex which caused that pedophile scandals and .....

Why should we expect fundamental Christians to care about those things when they're gleefully praying for the destruction of society as we know it and the second coming a fiery, wrathful Jesus?

however Jesus is far more glory than what they are lying about him day and night . but I have seen how that radical christians worshiped Bush ! and I know well how that Nazi pop houlocausted christianity ! (evangelists did worship Bush and pope is really a Nazi you can find it on youtube )
USA and other governments can pay more attention to global warming at least far more than spreading homosexuality !

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hitler was god's creation and he even thought the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I seriously doubt that the fact that my son enjoys sex with other men has anything to do with a hurricaine. Though if you were so inclined to swing that way, you might claim that he caused the earth to move.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Rastus3663 because: grammer

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

After 12 years of marriage I've found that I too have a thing for big girls; its either that, or go through another divorce.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Nah; atheists are to blame for the gays; and it is our gay children that are to blame for the storms.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If that's the case, I am surprised God didn't start in CA where they have a much higher percentage. Some of these religious people are so blind.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Originally posted by dayve
Actually it is a lifestyle.. I dont think anybody is born gay.

Christianity is a lifestyle. Nobody is born Christian; they are taught to be Christian or choose to be voluntarily.

Christianity is a lifestyle and therefore should be vilified and blamed for all the ills of society.

(this post contains a healthy dose of irony)

I agree with that... Does that mean I'm right... ?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Gays killed the dinosaurs too!

Calling up my cousin to let him know that it's his fault I can't have a pet triceratops.

---
On the OP:

Always someone to hate, always someone to blame

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Christianity is a lifestyle. Nobody is born Christian; they are taught to be Christian or choose to be voluntarily.

Christianity is a lifestyle and therefore should be vilified and blamed for all the ills of society.

Not in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That preacher is wrong! It was the militant vegans who caused the hurricane, any idiot knows that!

Off topic: The grandgirl says your avatar is a duck duck!

awwww

little kids tend to love the purple chiten... I have a facebook and have "friends" on there from all over the world and I have no idea who those people are

The Facebook Purple Chiten is a baby chicken with a lisp since chickens have no lips and he's always dreaming up things to get into. Kids love it
...and so do grownups

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I wish I had supernatural powers like the gays do

I feel very slighted. It's pretty amazing that they have control over the weather, over other people's marriages, over children world wide, over anything and everything the way they do.

Did you know that if two guys get a marriage license and get married that 50 heterosexual marriages will suddenly disintegrate?!?! Yup, just them getting the license causes the ground to quake, then when they have their ceremony ...BAM!!! those marriages go up in smoke!

It MUST be true, otherwise why would people be so up in arms over it?

Everytime two men get together and do the dirty, thousands of puppies and kittens drop over dead!! Yup, it happens!

Everytime a gay person walks through town and nobody throws rocks at them or shouts names at them or harasses them in some way, suddenly, a sweet, innocent child suddenly becomes gay!!

It MUST be true... it just HAS to be true.... otherwise, all those self-proclaimed "Chistians" would just be slinging hatred and judgement for no reason... and we KNOW they'd never, ever do something like that.....

... there is evidence out there to support that Christ actually attended a same sex ceremony once... it was in one of those paper things with a binder on it ..I think it's called a "book"... that I read once upon a time. Of course those hypocrits that claim to be "Christians" would deny it with their dying breath... but since they also deny Christ with their actions, that's no big surprise....
Those hypocrits you run into who are fundamentalist evangelical born-again ...whatever they are... they're not actually "Christians", they act nothing like Christ. If he were here today, they'd be the ones shouting "Crucify Him!" at the tops of their voices.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not in the slightest.

I dont think anyone is born gay its like saying someone is born a serial killer... it's a weird thing to say that people are born gay.... It's like an excuse for being different. But then you say "were not different"... Well figure it out... How can you prove people are born gay? It doesn't say on birth certificate, and the doctors dont say, "Congratulations! Its a gay boy!" ... Thats just my opinion on it, people are what ever they want to be.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I dont think anyone is born gay its like saying someone is born a serial killer... it's a weird thing to say that people are born gay.... It's like an excuse for being different. But then you say "were not different"... Well figure it out... How can you prove people are born gay? It doesn't say on birth certificate, and the doctors dont say, "Congratulations! Its a gay boy!" ... Thats just my opinion on it, people are what ever they want to be.

So if they aren't born that way as you say and it's a "choice", when did you choose to be heterosexual? Did you make a list and write down the pros and cons and weigh your decision throroughly? How did you overcome those feelings you had toward other men when you decided to only pursue women? Afterall, if it's a choice, that means everyone would have to have feelings for both genders wouldn't they? What kind of men do you prefer?

...as for me, I guess I'm a little strange or something because even though I don't hate gays or have anything against them, I have absolutely no feelings at all of a sexual nature towards men. I don't ever fantisize about them or anything like you must do. I never think of them in any sexual way at all.... I guess I was 'born hetersexual' huh?
Hey, wait.... if people can be born heterosexual, then it must be posible for them to be born "not heterosexual", in other words, gay....

oops, your hypothesis is incorrect therefore your conclusion has no basis and is therefore incorrect....

Guess you'll have to come up with a different reason to harbor hatred since that one has fallen through....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Arighty.... Attraction is attraction, and from birth to when you develop feelings towards other people (crushes etc..) Some people get attracted to opposite sex, same sex, animals, kids, older people..... The only difference is what you learned and what actions you took when you developed feelings... And no I'm not attracted to men, I like big whooty white girls, thats MY thing.... You got alot of confused people on here that just want to defend the gay culture no matter how much it doesn't make sense.. Someone said Christians are not born that way, that's true, it's a personal choice. Just like sexuality, its a choice... If your favorite color is Blue, does that mean you were born to favor that color? I have nothing against gay people, but I get tired of what they spin it off to be, like they are different, and want to be in the spotlight of everyone's day... I could go on n on about this but I'm gettin tired of typing. But most people aren't born gay, except for males that barely got enough testosterone to be made male n are kinda like girls, n hermaphrodites.... That's excusable... Case closed

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Arighty.... Attraction is attraction, and from birth to when you develop feelings towards other people (crushes etc..) Some people get attracted to opposite sex, same sex, animals, kids, older people.....

Physical attraction is chemical -- it has nothing to do with choice - environment - upbringing or anything external. Its ingrained in how the body/brain developed from conception.

Preference in appearance - education - economic status - - - is probably a combination of body make-up and environment/upbringing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join