It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Obama will declare Martial Law / State of Emergency after Sandy ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Made me think of something .. sadly i think it will be necessary
Obama needs to do something ! the damages are enormous

Just heard the national guards is about to come in to help the autorities
with the enormous historic flooding they have on their hands
the entire North Eastern region is affected with many flooded states

many gas stations and grocery stores are going to be majorly affected by Sandy
how many people didnt prepare food reserve .. probably a lot
tomorrow many will try to grab what is left

whats your thoughs ?
can the US army help to control the population and help with the rescue ?

EDIT :
Just want to point out .. the kind of martial law im talking about is soldiers with no weapons
just their hands to help out the 60 millions affected people

so dont panic to fast when you see Martial Law
its not the same kind of martial law you see in movies

the soldiers will only be there to help out the citizens in trouble

added SOE in title
edit on 10/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No. at the most, a temporary curfew... utilizing the National Guard in emergency situations isn't quite the same as a Presidential decree of martial law... Remember that during the aftermath of Katrina, they declared a "state of public health emergency" which allowed the governor to suspend certain freedoms, temporarily... Not the Pres.

edit on 29-10-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Calling out the guard to help out isn't really something new. They have been called out many times in the past regarding Natural disasters and Blizzards etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The whole purpose of the ANG is to help with disasters. Sure, they could be employed to help thinly-stretched police forces but I don't see the problem. They're employed by their state's government for just that. They'll probably help control traffic and clean up.

Martial law? I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's one of the main functions of the National Guard to assist with environmental disasters. Befor the war kicked off that was actually their main role. They may contain looters and people preying on others (augmenting the civilian police), but for the most part they are for rescue and clean up operations.

Calling up the active duty and/or reserves would cause me to raise an eye brow though.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It looks bad enough that I think it may be a reality sadly.

Atlantic city, hoboken, nyc, there is write offs there.

I dont know what is coming, but it cant be good.

link   
My dad said they had a curfew.

I think it's funny how he's the adult and has to have curfew now, instead of me. ...

He's taking care of my grandma, which is why he didn't evacuate. My brother went to a hotel but his power is out.

Told him, at least the electric bill will be cheap.

link   
Question: Do you think Obama wil declare Martial law after Sandy ?

Answer: On what grounds will Obama declare martial law?

OP, are you pulling for Obama to declare martial law? You better hope he takes care of the aftermath before the looters do. Otherwise he will be on the ropes for this.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why do you say:

"sadly i think it will be necessary"?

ML for a storm? For what reason?

Sounds like that is what you want! Why?
edit on 29-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Following Hurricane Andrew in Florida, active duty troops from the 10th Mountain Division led the way for establishing some order and assisting with aid and whatever else was needed. In fact, one of the NCO's wrote a book about it, which is where i read about it. That wasn't guard...those were full combat units. So, the guard rolling out just tells me they have things well in hand and are on top of it. If the guard changes to active duty units, then I'll worry as it means they've got more problem than they have warm bodies to help deal with it and there IS a major issue for everyone living there.

So far? Sounds like they are following pre-planned responses. I suppose we'll see at first light just how serious this has really been. We can't see much at night, eh?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Question: Do you think Obama wil declare Martial law after Sandy ?

Answer: On what grounds will Obama declare martial law?

OP, are you pulling for Obama to declare martial law? You better hope he takes care of the aftermath before the looters do. Otherwise he will be on the ropes for this.

i saw an earlier thread with a picture of a compagny that ship goods to store like wallmart
and all the shelf were empty .. especially the water bottle packs

im trying to find this thread back
it is not fearmongering .. im being realist here
the US army could really help people and rescue thousand
and make sure all the curfews in place are respected

Sandy his making a very dangerous situation .. that no one ever saw before in their lifes
soldiers are very effective to help the citizens in case of a state of big emergency .. not making wars

reply to post by riverwild

if the US army can save many lifes .. YES I WANT ML
how many states do you think are under heavy flood ? count them

You have your answer
there is already many millions that have no power and are stuck in there homes
many will panic .. they would be releive to see good soldiers helping their familly

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well that's an interesting question, Ben. I think a standing army should always help during disasters. If the U.S. wants a standing army, then they should be deployed during all disasters in this country. To stay on guard at our own shores, and to help the citizenry during times of natural disasters should be the only use of the military, barring invasion.

Text

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The state Governor can call the national guard in for emergencies, but not in a law enforcement role

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Is this a trick question..? Hello. The reserves have been on call all week. They will be helping with all sorts of stuff. What about you. What are you good for. Can you shovel. Can you operate a pump. Do you have a chain saw. Are you an electrian.Plumber.Engineer.Nurse.Doctor or just some kid downstairs in your parents home who's been on the computor too long...? Martial Law. NOT

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Many dont live like me at the third floor .. protected from flooding
thats why i bought the place i live right now 5 yrs ago (4 1/2 condominium)
and its not even half paid
.. i know im not rich ! (so many bills to pay)
but always ready to help .. and it will be FREE !

im all prepare with much reserve to help my neighbors in trouble
people these day really have no hearts and think only about themself
if anyone needs help one day .. i will be happy to bring them shelter under my roof
i hope everyone are mature enought to be responsible like that
would also bring shelters to rude neightbors, people ..
they will be the first one to get stuck and will demand for my help
at the end they dont even need to thank me !

i really love and care for everyone safety .. DO YOU ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I do not think martial law would be justified in a situation like this. I am not sure if that is what you meant exactly, or if you were thinking more along the lines of support from the military. The latter is very possible, and probably makes sense, but a decree of martial law would be taking the situation much too far, and would definitely indicate that some sort of plan is being put in motion that has nothing to do with Sandy at all. That is just my opinion, but I think we are all in agreement that martial law would not be justified in a situation like this.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Calling out the National Guard and declaring martial law are two very different things. Martial law hasn't been called out in the United States since the 1960s (contrary to popular belief, New Orleans after Katrina was put in a "pseudo-martial law", as Louisiana has no provision for actual martial law,) while the Guard being called up is commonplace.

Yes to the former, no to the latter.

And anyone who says that this will be the pretense to canceling the elections next week deserves a good slap, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm going to see your martial law possibility and raise the question ; what if they suspend the election on Nov. 6th, because so many people would be denied an opportunity to vote due to loss of electricity ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Yes thats the kind of martial law i was talking about
thank you for understanding

no need to bring any weapons .. the soldier hands will be enought
people really panic fast when someone say ML

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
I'm going to see your martial law possibility and raise the question ; what if they suspend the election on Nov. 6th, because so many people would be denied an opportunity to vote due to loss of electricity ?

Case in point, lol. *slap*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join