It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Co-Founder Wozniak: Web crackdown coming, freedom failing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Apple's co-founder fears that freedom of information is under attack, with the internet controlled and regulated in unnecessary and harmful ways. RT talked to Steve Wozniak on a range of topics, from Wikileaks to Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom.
He says the US piracy case against Kim Dotcom is "hokey" and a threat to Internet innovation.

edit on 29-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I agree with him on certain things, but one thing stands out that he makes clear I do not agree with. He says "nobody has the responsibility to speak out"

I call BS on that one. Everybody has the responsibility to speak out. There is an old proverb I like to remember in times like these: "No single raindrop claims responsibility for the flood." and that is NOT a hurricane Sandy reference.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo

I agree with him on certain things, but one thing stands out that he makes clear I do not agree with. He says "nobody has the responsibility to speak out"

I call BS on that one. Everybody has the responsibility to speak out. There is an old proverb I like to remember in times like these: "No single raindrop claims responsibility for the flood." and that is NOT a hurricane Sandy reference.

I disagree with him on that quote too .
He said : I don't think anyone comes with the responsibility just because their company is really big .
IMO , everyone has the responsibility to protect the internet and speak against Internet regulation .
edit on 29-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

Another good one would be:
"All that is necessary for evil men to succeed, is for good men to do nothing."

So true, so true.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I would just like to clarify, everyone BUT the government. If companies are being attacked by hackers it is their responsibility to ramp-up their security, and the same goes for the gov. But regulating the internet? No, absolutely not, that is a creature best left free. Every good thing has it's downfalls, but the overzealous are the only ones saying and doing anything about it and they are the ones generating the belief that the internet needs regulating, sadly.

I also agree with him in that our government is in the back pocket of these corporations and carries out their hit-lists by extraditing innocent people on BS charges. (possibly in not so many words by him but that's the gist I got)

In the case of Julian Assange, well, I haven't actually seen anything released by wikileaks that I can confirm originated from there, and the couple times I tried, ZoneAlarm went bonkers.

top topics

join