It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher attack left girl, 4, brain damaged [WARNING-VIOLENT VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This type of behavior should be classified as a felony.

That woman should be required to register as a known child abuser much like pedophiles are required to be registered. Everything she owns should be confiscated and sold and the money turned over to the girl's family as retribution.

I have no sympathy for anyone that would do something like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am just as outraged as every other normal person, because behavior of this nature is never justified, and is never okay, and it should not be tolerated. I agree that this type of occurrence can happen anywhere in the world, and not just in nations like China, where human rights abuses are not that uncommon. It is a bit different when the situation involves a child, because they do not think as critically as an adult.

I have been in situations where a kid that I do not know has really aggravated me in a public place, and I can understand how someone may want to just smack a kid like that at certain times, but this seems to go way beyond that. Plus, myself, or any other normal person, would never act on urges such as these. But I do think that these types of urges are common for humans, because an emotion like anger is something that cannot be readily controlled as far as what thoughts enter your head, or what does or does not tick you off.

With that said, I think we need to ask ourselves why something like this would happen. It is extremely easy to persecute the perpetrator and call her crazy, but that does not give us adequate understanding into the situation. She very well could be crazy, but I doubt that explanation will suffice in this case. Did she just snap, after suppressing the types of urges I described above? This is feasible in my opinion, mainly because of the way she carried out this assault. It was more than just a smack or something similar. Rather, the act demonstrated quite a bit of rage.

It is one thing to be so angry that you just, say, make a swipe at someone; even a child. But to do what we see in the video is different than that. While a normal person, if they somehow lost control and did smack a child, would immediately withdraw from striking the child further, realizing that they acted on a primitive urge founded in primal emotion. But to not restrain oneself, and to keep on in the manner this person did, tells me that she likely had much pent up anger. It may or may not have been from the child that was assaulted, but that child could have been what set this person off.

So in my opinion this is likely a release of anger. This is why it is important for everyone to expend angry energy in a positive way, instead of suppressing it. Or maybe she was just a bit off. She definitely had little control over her emotions in that situation, which in my opinion is not normal behavior. Normal people are able to act appropriately most of the time, and when they do screw up, they usually do not do something of this magnitude.

So I think her punishment should vary depending on exactly why she did what she did. I am a firm believer in punishment, but I think judicial systems all over the world always fail to take into account certain things that play a vital role in the crime committed. For instance, a person with a psychological disorder commits a crime, and they are punished based on what they did. This is okay only in part. There is a difference, although some may disagree, between a person committing a crime because they are consciously attempting to attain some end, and a person committing a crime because their brain chemistry did not allow them to consciously process what they were doing.

That actually was not a great explanation, lol. That sounds like I am saying it is not the fault of the criminal, which is not what I mean...Or that I do not think people should be punished. This is not what I mean at all, and although I cannot, at this moment, truly explain what I am feeling, hopefully you can take what I did write and attempt to read between the lines to get at the core of my intended meaning. If you cannot, please understand that I am not saying these people should not be held responsible for their actions. I am saying that there should be an effort made to truly understand why people do things like we see in the video, or commit any crime really. Sometimes the reason is readily available, but other times it is buried beneath all of the prejudice we hold towards anyone who breaks the law.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

That's how it begins... then the cameras are suddenly in every room of every house. Reason being: the rage may end in the classroom (it sure didn't prevent anything from happening in that poor girl's class), but it will then be taken to their own households, or out on the streets, or at the mall, anywhere. It can happen anywhere, and that's why I feel cameras are a bandaid solution. It isn't really preventing much in the long run. Punish and lock up as we may, it's going to continue as long as the root of the issue isn't looked at.

Thats where I absolutely must disagree with you. I understand your point and disagree with respect, it should be noted. However....I chose this topic for one of my major policy speeches in the course because of this case:

Berndt came to authorities' attention at least as far back as 1994, when a 10-year-old girl claimed he reached toward her genitals during class. Sheriff's deputies sent the case to prosecutors, who declined to pursue charges.
Berndt, 61, continued teaching at the school for almost another decade before being fired. He taught 30 years at the school, which is predominantly Hispanic and where 95 percent of students qualify for free or reduced price lunch.
He was arrested in January on felony charges of committing lewd acts on 23 boys and girls, ages 6 to 10, between 2005 and 2010. Berndt remains jailed on $23 million and could face multiple life sentences.
Source

He was charged with that many. It doesn't mean that's ALL he actually did and this was at school IN the Classroom. That has to stop. Dead stop. 100%. Over. We should never have to even consider the possibility our children are being raped and molested in school, by their own teachers and IN the very classroom they ought to see as a place of safety and focus.

On the flip side..........

The McMartin Preschool Abuse Trial, the longest and most expensive criminal trial in American history, should serve as a cautionary tale. When it was all over, the government had spent seven years and $15 million dollars investigating and prosecuting a case that led to no convictions. More seriously, the McMartin case left in its wake hundreds of emotionally damaged children, as well as ruined careers for members of the McMartin staff.
Source

That was the other major case I profiled in my speech and it was a monster of a case. What I've posted here does neither example justice and I'd encourage everyone to read more if curious.

The first case though, cameras are needed to burn his ass to the ground. over 2 DOZEN kids...over so MANY years...it tells me we CANNOT trust that our kids will tell us, even years later. Look how long he continued....and you have to imagine, the FIRST victims and how old they were when finally, the dam broke and they knew they could speak and be believed.

The second case? Not a damn thing even happened in reality. Lives destroyed...Southern California as a WHOLE went through a ringer on it and I recall the tension in school over the case. All for what? Psychologists loaded the kids with suggestions (deliberate or not) and before ya knew it, they'd molested they whole school and in ways, some claims made, couldn't even be DONE. Cameras there would have ended a tragic misadventure of justice before it ever started.

I get ya on privacy..I do...but our kids come first and school is NOT a sanctuary for teachers to misbehave on any level. Not academic, not moral and not ethically. The focus might even SAVE them some day. I'm sure Ray Buckey would have given everything he ever had, many times, to have had cameras in every room.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm replying to your post because it is the only mention on ATS of the Mark Berndt case as revealed by the ATS search function.

I was just now reading something written by Dave McGowan back in February of 2012. He was writing about who he thought might be picked to run against Obama later that year. He gets to the point of saying he believes there might be some crafty substitution of candidates at the last minute because the public is not wholeheartedly behind any of the primary candidates. McGowan says he thinks the GOP will pull some trickery out from behind closed doors, similar to the way he believes the Roman elite pulled some trickery in crafting a religious belief for the public, and also in covertly moving the Roman center of power while covering their tracks. If you haven't heard of Dave McGowan, then prepare yourself for his interesting thought process. He is a free thinker.

In doing so, he brings up the strange timing of the NBC Fear Factor donkey semen episode and the Mark Burndt classroom semen tasting case. AND HERE MY MIND WAS BLOWN! I had not heard of this previously. Take a look....

Text by Dave McGowan from this link to his site

Personally, I think the GOP should go the Fear Factor route. As some readers are probably aware, a recent episode of the series, which was to have featured contestants drinking donkey semen, was pulled by NBC shortly before it was to air. Rather than let that concept go to waste, and rather than staging yet another pointless debate, why not re-shoot the episode with the four remaining candidates filling in for the original four teams of contestants? Whoever can drink the most donkey semen in the allotted time – or perhaps, given that these are Republican candidates, it could be elephant semen – should be Obama’s challenger in the general election.

Speaking of Fear Factor, did anyone else notice how NBC really dodged a bullet by pulling that curiously timed episode? After all, it wasn’t long after that decision was made that news began to break of the arrest of LAUSD teacher Mark Berndt on multiple charges of having spoon-fed, you guessed it, semen to his blindfolded elementary school students, sparking justified outrage from parents across the city and across the country. In the wake of the disturbing revelations, it certainly would not have cast the network in a very positive light to air footage of fame-whores ingesting semen for entertainment.

And why, one wonders, did they make such a curiously timed decision? The episode was undoubtedly tasteless (no pun intended), but no one at the network seems to have been concerned when the semen-eating challenge was conceived, filmed, put through post-production, put on the television schedule, etc. So why did it suddenly become a problem, almost as if someone at NBC had advance knowledge of the soon-to-break story?

This sets off alarm bells ringing in my head warning of very dark, behind the scenes, television media manipulation.

Anybody have anything to say?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I either blocked out that detail from my summer speech writing project at school or I never came across it in the sources I used to research. Odd thing if that last part, but I can understand why too. I have a strong stomach...I really do..but I had it turning while reading what that sick bastard did with kids in his classroom. It wasn't enough to molest and rape them over so many years...he had to feed them that on top of it all? Oh what a sick animal. I hope he goes into a major California prison, general population, with EVERYONE knowing who he is and why he's there.

I have to say on Fear Factor, I enjoyed their show for the first couple seasons. It reminded me of some 70's shows for what passed as shock value in those times. Then....it went wrong. Fear Factor stopped being entertaining to me and turned to a contest of HOW rank, base and vile they could get and still not be sued or get anyone truly ill from it.

It stopped being a show to watch and enjoy and became an example of what it looks like when Hollywood goes WAY too far, IMO.

Semen eating? Good Lord... I'm glad I hadn't had breakfast sitting here when I opened that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And yet Hollywood was ready to put that on national television. This country and its values are under attack.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

It is one thing to be so angry that you just, say, make a swipe at someone; even a child. But to do what we see in the video is different than that. While a normal person, if they somehow lost control and did smack a child, would immediately withdraw from striking the child further, realizing that they acted on a primitive urge founded in primal emotion. But to not restrain oneself, and to keep on in the manner this person did, tells me that she likely had much pent up anger. It may or may not have been from the child that was assaulted, but that child could have been what set this person off.

She's obviously a closet psychopath, and doesn't have that switch you mentioned. I think the statistic is like 1 in 100 of us are, something like that. Just that most are able to keep it in check most of the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join