It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-Style Internet Surveillance in Canada. Shame on the The US!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
First...I blame America. There, I said it.

You think you lead by example? Is this what the World should accept because YOU accept it? What happened to your fight? Your defiance? Your stand?

This has been an issue in America since its inception. Land of the free, home of the brave...BS. You seem to want/desire/love Big Brother because you are 350 million strong against a paltry few...and they are winning. WTF?

You couldn't even stop this happening in your own country or you didn't even care to get off the sofa to challenge it.

Now it's spreading like the disease that it is.

The US has always touted itself as the last bastion of freedom and the protectors/defenders of democracy. Another huge BS! You are cowards and thanks for nothing...Don't ever claim that you stand for MY freedom and Rights until you stand for your own.

This is happening in Canada now and I blame the US. If you had got off the sofa and protected your own freedoms, this disease would never have had a chance to spread. And you know I'm right.

You want to lead by example? Get off your ass and lead the way. Otherwise, bow down and move over because you are doing nothing for the World but causing pain and suffering through your lack of actions to do what you claim.

Otherwise, shut the hell up and go back to your holes.
www.activistpost.com...

Bill C-30 dates back to last winter when it was introduced by Vic Toews, the Canadian public safety minister. As the CBC rightly points out, Bill C-30 immediately was questioned by groups concerned with the disturbing powers it would give the Canadian government “to track the ordinary activities of citizens online without judicial oversight.”

If anyone wants to know how well such a strategy works, just take a look at the United States. While it is regularly claimed that such legislation in no way infringes on our rights or that we should be content with giving up said rights in the name of safety, such assertions are clearly without merit.

I don't usually post anti-US threads but it's come to the point of me realizing that the arrogance and uninformed public are starting to have an effect on the World and it's not acceptable.

7 billion people having their lives and liberties effected by a mere 350 million sleeping puppets that claim they have the right to vote a new leader is not acceptable.

You caused this by NOT fighting for your rights and thus allowing the disease of the NWO to spread Worldwide.

Shame on you.

I expect no stars or flags on this thread as it's always the case when posting unpopular opinions. So be it.

Jude11

edit on 29-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The irony here is that you're doing exactly what Americans do. You're pointing the finger while your government screws you over.

Canadian problems are Canadian problems. Own your own mess and we'll own ours.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wonder where was the outrage over China's Great Firewall or Iran blocking many Western sites?

A Canadian proposes it and it will be passed by Canadians so......

My fat American butt caused it

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

You caused this by NOT fighting for your rights and thus allowing the disease of the NWO to spread Worldwide.

Shame on you.

No Peace Whatsoever....

Jude11

You're right.
The few who are standing strong are called domestic terrorists now.

Now.
If you all had it figured out so long ago, why did 7 BILLION others expect us terrorist idiots to be able to save the rest of the damn planet?
Nope. No peace at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

C'mon! We've sent them Mike Myers, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, William Shatner, Keanu Reeves, etc. We elected Harper, and he just wants to be added to the long list of celebrities who want to be American.
As to doing something, I make my voice heard on the local level all the way up to the "Harper Government". So far I have not heard anything back, that doesn't mean I stop, it just makes me try harder.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There are plenty of things I can point to the US and say ' Thanks Alot'.

In case however, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. We elected these morons and it's our job to remove them if we are unhappy.

This bill will not get passed, period. NO Canadian is going to allow this and the Supreme Court would throw the law out as being a violation of our rights anyway.

But no, it's not American's fault. Our problems are the result of APATHY, not Americans.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I wonder where was the outrage over China's Great Firewall or Iran blocking many Western sites?

A Canadian proposes it and it will be passed by Canadians so......

My fat American butt caused it

Hasn't been passed yet. Didn't know you were fat.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

We're all fat... don't you watch TV?

And the moral of this story is that stereotypes and broad brush strokes are bad mmmkay!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Hasn't been passed yet.

Then whats with all the drama?

Didn't know you were fat.

I'm not, just playing the stereotypical "Merikan"

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What can everyone do? Praise and blame. This is human virtue, this is human madness.
~Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by jude11

The irony here is that you're doing exactly what Americans do. You're pointing the finger while your government screws you over.

Canadian problems are Canadian problems. Own your own mess and we'll own ours.

~Heff

NO.

If Americans truly stood for what they claim to be, the World would follow. As they do.

We all know that the US is a guideline for the Globe. Lately they are just bowing and accepting what is being handed to them. The fight is gone.

Most Nations have desired to emulate the US for its claimed freedoms and human rights but since the US is failing, other Nations are now realizing that they have the ability to enforce the same dictatorship style agendas.

The US has always professed to be the fighters of freedom. When it stopped being such a light and became one of the largest Nations of prisoners, murderers and yes, hypocrites, the rest of the World have realized that they can follow suit with no opposition whatsoever.

Like Rome, the US has fallen and the Nations around it will follow suit...because they can

Jude11

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Very active thread about this Here

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you not see that by passing the buck of responsibility you are doing exactly what you accuse America of doing? You're not owning your own destiny but spiting us for the same sin.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by superman2012
Hasn't been passed yet.

Then whats with all the drama?

Didn't know you were fat.

I'm not, just playing the stereotypical "Merikan"

The drama is because of the fear that it will be passed...it won't.
Privacy Commissioner is against it too.
If it passes, the Conservative party will have put the final nail in their coffin...it would take them forever to get over this Bullspit.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We as Canadians have to own up to our government and make them responsible. I for one, do not wish to be a US clone...I know Harper does...but the average Canadian does not. We are a separate country with our own identity and should remain so. If Harper keeps going down his ridiculous path that will be his cross to bear.
Taking the Americans to task because of our "government" wants to be like their "big brother" and monitor us all the time, for any reason, is looking the wrong way, in my opinion. Make your local MP, MLA, Alderman, Mayor, blah blah blah, understand your reasoning and make them tell you what they are going to do about it. If it isn't favourable, make sure to let them know...or hell, run against them! You got my vote!

Edit: And damn you ATS spellcheck, there is a "U" in favour.

edit on 29-10-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by jude11

Do you not see that by passing the buck of responsibility you are doing exactly what you accuse America of doing? You're not owning your own destiny but spiting us for the same sin.

~Heff

No.

Canada is getting ready to fight.

America gave up the fight a long time ago.

Many Canadians on this site have asked, begged, pleaded for America to stand and deliver on these issues to no avail.

Wait and watch. A lesson is about to be served.

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Peace

Is that before or after watching The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show?

Just curious..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Peace

Is that before or after watching The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show?

Just curious..

After of course...

But even that isn't reliable.

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jude, I don't think American really has anything to do with this. This is a Canadian issue and although you seem to think we will ban together and overcome this Bill, I think you are wrong. Stephen Harper has his strong majority now, the opposition parties are all in shambles, the people are going to be brainwashed by the msm to support this idea. Just watch and see.

(PS- As voidHawk pointed out, there is another thread already on this which is quite active already)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

If America got off their asses and stood against the encroaching police state, Canada wouldn't be attempting the same.

Unfortunately Canada follows suit with the US. We don't like it but it's a fact.

Us wants to lead? Then lead by example.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join