It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it okay to kill someone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

It seems that I get into a questioning, dark mood when I think about death...

But since I started this post, my grandmother died. Just yesterday.

I just got back from visiting her a couple days ago. Now I learn she's dead, and I'll never see her again.

Death is more and more on my mind now.

I would have to say, for the most part, I agree with you. But, I also believe that feeling extreme emotions or reactions to the world around you is much better than being what you're taught to believe is "normal."

People die, just as much as they live. Thinking about death isn't too abnormal.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Hijinx

I just got back from visiting her a couple days ago. Now I learn she's dead, and I'll never see her again.

I would have to say, for the most part, I agree with you. But, I also believe that feeling extreme emotions or reactions to the world around you is much better than being what you're taught to believe is "normal."

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not the best with condolences, but I hope you're coping okay.

I think it's very normal to think about death. I actually find the subject fascinating, and have been ridiculed, picked apart as well as torn apart under the prying eyes of society for it. I'm excited for my day, and I will agree when you think about death you end up questioning all of existence. I don't think you should be what is "Taught is normal," in any sense of that world. We're all normal, we're all a little bit crazy, and we're all entitled to be who we are.

I wasn't trying to say you should be the "Norm," so I'm sorry if it came off that way and I can admit I have my dark days as well, but I don't think about murder, I usually focus more on wishing the whole world would just burn. Doesn't have to be at my hands, but doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it a little.

Hope, you're doing well. I'm sorry, for your loss at such a dark time. If it means anything at all, you will see her again, maybe not for a while, but you will and she'll always be with you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

reply to post by Hijinx

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not the best with condolences, but I hope you're coping okay.

I think it's very normal to think about death. I actually find the subject fascinating, and have been ridiculed, picked apart as well as torn apart under the prying eyes of society for it. I'm excited for my day, and I will agree when you think about death you end up questioning all of existence. I don't think you should be what is "Taught is normal," in any sense of that world. We're all normal, we're all a little bit crazy, and we're all entitled to be who we are.

I wasn't trying to say you should be the "Norm," so I'm sorry if it came off that way and I can admit I have my dark days as well, but I don't think about murder, I usually focus more on wishing the whole world would just burn. Doesn't have to be at my hands, but doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it a little.

Hope, you're doing well. I'm sorry, for your loss at such a dark time. If it means anything at all, you will see her again, maybe not for a while, but you will and she'll always be with you.

Thank ya, you do condolences fine

It's kool. I don't actually think about murder very often either, but death is another story. I was simply pondering about how wrong it would be ti kill someone who, by your best judgment, is evil and deserves to die.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Thank ya, you do condolences fine

It's kool. I don't actually think about murder very often either, but death is another story. I was simply pondering about how wrong it would be ti kill someone who, by your best judgment, is evil and deserves to die.

The unfortunate thing with evil, is no one is willing to stop it and those that want to try feel that killing/destroying them is the only way. Unfortunately I do not see it as such. As I said earlier, I have often had dark days where I just wish the whole world would burn, because really everyone is guilty of something. Bad/evil/unpleasant is always in the eye of the beholder. On the large scale the majority of us view rapists, murders, violent criminals, corrupt businessmen and politicians as evil, but on a more personal basis we view many individuals as bad or evil for much lesser things. We're all greedy, looking to support ourselves and our family and in many cases we will do anything to achieve it.

Guess I'm having a dark day, the whole world is bad. lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

My fiance has an idea... he sometimes wonders what it would be like if he was an assassin. He would want to kill the evil, corrupt, fat cats of the world.

Value judgement in spades. So he's going to decide who is "evil," who is "corrupt," and who is a "fat cat" and decree that "fat cats" get to be killed. I've noticed here on ATS a lot of people rant about "fat cats," but when their story actually unfolds, it turns out they are the ones responsible for their own predicaments--not fat cats. Some guy throws away his cell phone bill because he thinks he gets bad service and wonders why a collection agency is knocking on his door. Duh!

You see, in your eyes (or your fiance's since this is his idea) I could very well be deemed an "evil corrupt fat cat" simply because of my position and wealth. I don't think I am. I think I'm pretty normal, but when I read the statistics I'm amazed to find out I'm almost a one percenter. Seriously? Well, that's what the statistics say.

The problem is, where do you draw the line? Is a guy a "pedophile" because he raped a two year old, or is it because he is 18 and his girlfriend is still 17 for another few weeks? You may want to be the judge, jury, and executioner, but, as is obvious, you don't really have all the information and cannot be trusted with making the decision. You may not like the courts, but I like you in that position even less. And of you decide on that course of action, well, people like me are capable of fighting back. And I don't think either one of us really wants to be put in that kind of situation.

So, no. It is not okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join