It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your new political system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The presidential election had me thinking. If it wasn't this system, what would it be?

If it were up to you, how would you have it?

I'll start with my vision. A Technocratic Demarchy.

What is that?

A combination of a Technocracy

a form of government in which experts in technology would be in control of all decision making. Scientists, engineers, and technologists who have knowledge, expertise, or skills, would compose the governing body

Demarchy

a form of government in which the state is governed by randomly selected decision makers who have been selected by sortition (lot) from a broadly inclusive pool of eligible citizens.

Essentially a lottery of successful, moral, intelligent individuals to work in government.
They would have had to prove themselves capable.

Combined, the government would be made up of Economists, Doctors, Engineers etc..
Not professional politicians.

What say you?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I like the idea of a technocracy, especially once we get real transhumanism going. Probably my dream society right there.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I say how long would it be before the money and power hungry elite fix the lottery to favor their cronies?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
I say how long would it be before the money and power hungry elite fix the lottery to favor their cronies?

How do we hold a lottery now without corruption?

I want to add that this system wouldn't be tied to the same PR machine that we have.

Decisions would be based on necessity and not on creating a photo-op.
edit on 29-10-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i think they had that system in the planet of the apes movies

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I would have a government based upon two negatives: Murder is wrong, and torture is wrong. From there, I can see an abundance of possibilities. No murder, and no torture must be the ground upon which any political system arises.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
technocratic direct democracy

where we each have a direct say in policy that affects us, the distribution of taxes etc.

via a technological means

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here is my thread on this, upgrade to level 1 or 2 civilization minimum or a push to the Teleos all the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The World I want to See

top topics

join