It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the best weekend and Monday EVER.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm first going to post something I posted on my facebook a few weeks ago, and then you're all invited to an ATS party here on my post

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

A job's a job is a job!

I'm super glad that you found something, it's tough enough to get part time work let alone 30 hours.

Well done!

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank you SO much, Tenth. I'm sure most have seen my struggles on finding work here on ATS for the past 2 years. This is what never giving up gets you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As you show in your avatar...

Congratulations and I hope the management training works out for the best.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Only thing that sucks is they do NOT offer insurance unless you are a salaried mgr, even then, you have to pay 3500 out of pocket first before anything kicks in. Needless to say, not many have ins with them. Tis fast food but STILL. IT'S A JOB AND IM HAPPY.

Good for you. Congrats. I've been following your threads so I know what you've been through.

Sucks on the insurance, but businesses are getting absolutely hammered with premium costs. The large deductible drastically reduces the cost. My place did this: They established a Personal Health Account for all employees. It works kind of like an IRA. They deposit funds into the account, then you "apply" to get the funds whenever needed. The good thing is that they funded the accounts first with $1000, then later on with another $1,000. You get to keep this from year to year so it builds up over time. It's also tax free and it follows you if you get another job. It's kind of suckie because of the complications, but it was a way for the employer to reduce costs, but still cover the employee more or less fully, especially after the first year. We're going to see a lot more of these creative solutions as time goes on.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Congrats!!! Excellent news.

Things work out in weird ways. You just caught the top of the wave this time. Good luck with the new job.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Congratulations! Isn't it weird and awesome how things work out like that?

Just so you know, I'm eating ice-cream to celebrate, I was going to eat it anyway but this is a convenient excuse lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Awesome Sarra! I am so happy for you. You really deserved to catch a break!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Congrats. That's great news, I'm very happy for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone who replied.

Yes, ice cream and everything all around in celebration. Or however you like to celebrate. I'm a non drinker so that's out of the question for me, hehe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Dear sara1833,

You made an old man grin from eye to eye. I am so happy for you. May God smile on you and your family. What really impressed me was your enthusiasm and strength.

Your attitude is perfect and if I could, I would hire you. You just made my day. One of my first jobs was as a waiter, it was also one of the hardest jobs I have had in my life and I worked in factories before becoming an executive. When I go to a restaurant I always try and make the people working there laugh, it is a tough job. If I may make a suggestion, you have the right attitude, keep applying for jobs, once you are established in your existing job, apply for jobs at the best restaurants you can find in your area. You have the most leverage in looking for a job when you already have one. Congratulations young lady thanks for telling us your story. LOL, I should say that I logged specifically to address someone else; but, I say yours and had to respond.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ben and Jerry's chocolate anything it is then

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank you

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Ben and Jerry's chocolate anything it is then

Yussssss. I'm totally agreeing with that all the way. You, good friend, have superb ice cream taste.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Dear sarra1833,

I see that two of the moderators have replied to you and they are people I respect. I also see that you have been looking for work and discussing it on ATS. I will go back and read your threads. Congratulations again.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Aw thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Awesome! You hung in there and now look at you.
Good luck on the position and climbing the ole management ladder.

Cookies and cake for all!

Happy Monday turns into happy Tuesday while the crowd cheers.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thats great to hear! Well done. I was laid of a few months ago and i am having trouble finding a job, this brought a smile to my face!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Dear sarra1833,

You seem like such a sweet and dedicated young lady. I have begun reading your prior threads and have sent you some U2Us regarding them. Rock their walls and take em all, you will do just fine, let us know when you get your first promotion and then the ones following it. Peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Oh you know I will. A lot of ATS here has seen my trials and let downs and triumphs. Too many job offers that fell through, etc. But I never gave up. I never give up. May get down at times but I pick myself back up and keep on keeping on. It's a great motto to live by, truly.

I owe it to the ATS community to let everyone know how I'm faring. They've been there for me through it all.

top topics

join