It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Navy SEALs Kill 60 Terrorists In Benghazi Consulate Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Two highly-trained and skilled ex-Navy SEALs were on site...and, in addition to rescuing Americans, they are going to kill terrorists...and plenty of them. This is entirely believable. In fact, I would have been surprised if it was otherwise.
These brave men would NOT have been there to sit on their hands and do nothing; it is not in their character.
They would've naturally fought...and fought hard!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yeh okk..........really gonna believe this.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I can definitely believe this. You only have to look at the Battle of Mirbat (amongst countless others) to see just what highly trained Special Forces can accomplish.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If this is True, and I believe it is, these two Seals acted as they should of, protecting Americans and Counter-Attacking the terrorist. Bravo. There are men in this world, those that run towards a Fire and help, and those that run away from a fire and watch it destroy everything in its path. TRUE HEROES .

These men gave their Lives to ensure that other Americans could get to safety. To those that chose not to help, or supply Air support, to these BRAVE men, will live forever as Cowards, and will carry this guilt for the rest of their lives.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

This is where i slightly differ (but only very very slightly) in that i do not know if they are truly brave or just naturally responding to training (if that makes sense)?

I do not mean that in a derogatory way. But i certainly do accept the possibility that after a certain level of high end training, such actions no longer constitute bravery in the truest sense of the word. Rather, these instincts are a reaction.

I kind of wish i hadn't started down this road now because i really do not want to be undermining any of what they achieved, which was truly remarkable. I am sure you get my point though........

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Glassbender777

This is where i slightly differ (but only very very slightly) in that i do not know if they are truly brave or just naturally responding to training (if that makes sense)?

I do not mean that in a derogatory way. But i certainly do accept the possibility that after a certain level of high end training, such actions no longer constitute bravery in the truest sense of the word. Rather, these instincts are a reaction.

I kind of wish i hadn't started down this road now because i really do not want to be undermining any of what they achieved, which was truly remarkable. I am sure you get my point though........

Yes I get what you are saying, and I absolutley agree with you. Because they were trained for this kinds of scenarios, they were just acting as Trained to do. Still took some Balls, So I salute them and all Military men and women around the World, who I think would of acted in the same manner

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It does take a certain kind of person to complete the training to one of the special forces, be it SAS, Spetnatz, SEAL, etc.

I think it takes a person with a lot of fortitude, which goes a long way to explaining how they have done the amazing things that they have done in battle.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i think that story's awesome! Rambo would be proud! and it would be great if it turned out to be factual, i'll leave the debunking to others.

hey btw, did you hear the one about Prescott Bush? when he was in WW1 he saved the lives of like, eight or nine generals by deflecting an incoming moarter round with his trusty bowie knife! and then he built the Empire State building single-handedly with just a monkey wrench! what a guy!!
edit on 30-10-2012 by tinhattribunal because: spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I think rambo is a gb not a seal.

Still... the truth is, real people died and although neither you or me have anything to do with it, the least we can do is to show some respect.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So HOW in God's name...does this administration ORDER no real time response?

3 simple questions for President Obama:

1.) Were you in the situation room when Benghazi attack was going down?

2.) WHY did YOU order no response?

3.) If not you, than WHO did?

Why won't Obama even face the press to answer these questions?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
This is a bunch of BS propaganda, with a bunch weirdos acting like killing people is heroic.

Yep, and those people who 'attacked' the embassy were probably protesting tht movie and were attacked by those damned SEALs for no reason. Yeah, its americas fault, those muslims were just protesting against this authoritarian superpower and its freedom of speech, I for one think we should outlaw any racism against Muslims or Islam, because those protesters were right. Oh wait, that's f*cking stupid.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

A proper question here (rather than a wind up).

Even if Obama was in the Situation Room, what do you think he could have done?

The reason i ask is because i have worked in Libya - it isn't a small place! Transportation can be a nightmare. The roads are good but loooooooong (at least to a Brit) so even if he had ordered assistance, nothing would have arrived in time to save the guys in question would it?

I understand that at least he would be seen to have done something but the reality is the outcome would have still been the same. Air assistance would also have helped, particularly to take out the mortar but, IMO, the outcome would have been the same.

Discuss!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe someone here can answer this question for me.

If ex-Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was actually 'painting' the mortar positions with laser (as recently leaked documents state)...
Where would he have acquired the laser?; Would he have had something like that with him when he arrived at the consulate? I doubt that he would have taken it from a dead terrorist.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well, in the situation room during the bin laden raid...Obama was reported to be giving orders.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not sure but i would suspect it would be standard kit as they were based at the CIA post (allegedly!). For UK forces, they would have to have been specifically kitted out with it for a specific mission. However, as they were US forces (and you are spoiled compared to every others nations troops!) i would suspect they just grabbed them on the way or already were kitted with them.

I may be very wrong there but that would be my take.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I get your point. I think there is a big difference though in that the Bin Laden was a specifically planned operation. As such, the interested parties were already gathered there to watch and react to a planned mission unfolding.

Whereas in Benghazi they were reacting to a situation rolling out in front of them - in other words, they didn't have "troops on the ground" (for want of a better description).

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thanks, Flavian.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The problem is ...

It wasn't an embasy. The embasy is in Tripoli.

If the author of that article can't get that fact correct, I am suspect about the other details of the article.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
For all the doubters...

1.) The two men mentioned were there and were killed in the fight and were Ex-Seals.
2.) The two men mentioned were found among the killed at the location.
3.) Where do you think all the Dead assaulting the location came from and got that way?

If they just had one more man they could have had the attackers surrounded.

Just saying is all....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
2 people took out 60 "Terrorists"?

What cheat code did they use to get the god mode unlocked?

Seems too good to be true, like something out of a movie.

Unless these "Terrorists" were 10 yr old kids and women.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join