It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Navy SEALs Kill 60 Terrorists In Benghazi Consulate Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reports from Libyan witnesses of the 9-11 Benghazi consulate attack are coming in now. Among those reports are stories that the two American ex-SEAL's who broke orders to go to the defense of Americans at the U.S. consulate put up a valiant fight against the 150-200 attacking terrorists, capturing AK-47s from dead terrorists and killing up to 60 of the attackers.

Imagine what would have happened if the Obama administration had allowed the consulate to actually have appropriate security and defense. These two men are true American heroes.

Two Killed Navy Seals Used Libyan Guards AK-47's To Dispatch 60 Terrorists Who Were Attacking Benghazi Consulate

A short distance from the American compound, two Americans were sleeping. They were in Libya as independent contractors working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy. They also happened to be former Navy SEALs. When they heard the noise coming from the attack on our embassy, as you would expect from highly trained warriors, they ran to the fight.

Apparently, they had no weapons, but seeing the Libyan guards dropping their guns (Note: The only guns that the Libyans would likely have had were AK-47 rifles) in their haste in fleeing the scene, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty snatched up several of these discarded weapons and prepared to defend the American compound.

Not knowing exactly what was taking place, the two SEALs set up a defensive perimeter. Unfortunately Ambassador Stevens was already gravely injured, and Foreign Service officer, Sean Smith, was dead. However, due to their quick action and suppressive fire, twenty administrative personnel in the embassy were able to escape to safety.

Eventually, these two courageous men were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers brought against them, an enemy force numbering between 100 to 200 attackers which came in two waves. But the stunning part of the story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

Source:
investordiscussionboard.com...

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Finally, some bona-fide American heroes who gave their lives to save other Americans. Amazing what 2 very well-trained warriors can do when the chips are down. To have killed 60 attackers is absolutely epic. They better bury these men in Arlington or the whole country is gonna be pissed!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool.
But, going to want to see a source outside of someones blog about what he heard and etc...

Not saying our specops aren't capable of taking down that many and more...just..you know. Braveheart shot lightning out of his eyes and killed 300 people with a single swipe of his sword sort of thing...not sure if fact checking the fallen for approprate kill count is necessary mind you, but hell, we may find out they took down 60 a piece verses 60, or maybe it was just 6, or maybe 2 each, or 200, etc..

I can only imagine what would have happened if congress didn't filibuster the security finance that would have allowed for more boots on the ground. (see how partisan hacks can destroy a otherwise decent discussion).

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The problem with this story is there is no other report except the blog you offered as a Link.
You would think by now this would have been everywhere but there are no other sources.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ther'll be a movie about this (well deserved) and I bet Obama is portrayed as the third hero.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Although a great story and yes it would make a great film I just do not buy it, it is only coming out now? also no reports of all the dead terrorists etc?
Nah maybe I'am just in conspiracy mode but I think this is just propaganda.
edit on 29-10-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Maybe they were Filming Expendables 3, and Stallone and Norris put down their Lattes long enough to "split some skulls"

Its a nice story, hope its true, but if Im gonna bet money on it, Gonna say Nah.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The ex-seals have names:
Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.
They made up half of the four people killed at Benghazi.

Source:CNN

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't doubt for a moment that two Seals killed 60 terrs.

If it hadn't been for the mortar And RPG's being fired at them, the Seals probably would have looked at it as almost an even fight.
edit on 29-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

They were in Libya as independent contractors working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy.

According to wikipedia

Those killed included U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other members of his diplomatic mission, U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith and U.S. embassy security personnel Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

They were in Libya as independent contractors working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy.

According to wikipedia

Those killed included U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other members of his diplomatic mission, U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith and U.S. embassy security personnel Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.

According to recent stories, the ex-Seals were working at a CIA post located a mile away from the diplomatic mission at Benghazi.
FOX

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
These men were heroes before they even picked up the rifles over there, this is the patriotism that is lacked now by most people. It is sad to know that we have lost such bravery that these two didn't lack. If this is true, it should be put out to the public in a better fashion, but as we know, the good stuff never gets put out to everyone.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hindsight is always 20/20, but just think.

We spent a trillion dollars and 10 years chasing 100 Al Qaeda in Afgan.

Had we sent just 4 SEALs.....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The OP article kind of makes it seem like they just happened to be in the area but:

Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were part of a Global Response Staff or GRS that provides security to CIA case officers and provides countersurveillance and surveillance protection.

I have a feeling the people they were protecting were already in the embassy, correct me if I'm wrong? Also, I imagine since they're working for GRS they would have at least sidearms.

Regardless, they fought for an insane amount of time stacked up against equally crazy odds.

They were killed by a mortar shell at 4 a.m. Libyan time, nearly seven hours after the attack on the Consulate began

www.weeklystandard.com...

Their story is going to be one hell of a movie...
edit on 29-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Okay, another poster added a link that clears something up:

Both the CIA outpost and the consulate were attacked on Sept. 11. Two of the men killed, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, were hit by indirect fire while defending the intelligence post, not the consulate.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 29-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

As the story broken by Fox now goes, they were attached as security to the CIA post. They were at the CIA post when the fighting erupted at the consulate. They asked permission to go to the consulate to assist. After they were refused permission twice, they defied the orders and went on their own to the consulate, engaging the terrorist attackers.
They were said to have illuminated the mortar with a laser designator and asked for an air strike from some platform.... I say that because they would not have risked themselves further or wasted their time 'painting' a target with a laser designator if there was no aerial weapons platform above them to launch a weapon.

It was the mortar that ended up killing them apparently.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sometimes I'm quick to occasionally speak negatively about American forces.

But that... That took some bollocks.

edit on 29-10-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They did leave the consulate and return to the 'annex' , then the annex came under fire.

If we know who to believe. The ADministration as is well known now, has released very conflicting info and downright lies about what went on there.

At least what FOX is saying makes some sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is a bunch of BS propaganda, with a bunch weirdos acting like killing people is heroic.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This would make a nice war story, but who were the witnesses who saw all of this and lived to tell about it? How do we know the attackers were angry over the seals fighting, is this an editorialized guess or someone's real eye witness testimony? Why is this not being reported by any official military outlet?

And just a devil's advocate question, not sure if this story is even true so the question is really irrelevant, but, "did these seals disobey orders in any way?"

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

did these seals disobey orders in any way?"
It is a question that I was mulling over in my head.

They were ex military, so, they don't fall under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. They were serving in a paramilitary capacity in their security job with the CIA. So I suppose that the worst that could have happened to them, had they lived, would have been getting fired from their jobs, for disregarding the 'instructions' given them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join