It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does positive thinking work or are positive people just the ones who havent had bad experiences?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It depends upon the situation...but positive thinking is always good and has many advantages like to cope with stress, can improve the immunity, can make you more resilient and most important it is good for health whereas negative thinking has many disadvantages...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
So I wanna hear what people think, are positive people just lucky that fate has been kind?

[color=cyan] I am 1 who tries to maintain positive vibrations most of the time and fate has not necessarily been all that kind to me. I just look at the situations I have been through in life and realize that I can either go 2 ways with my experiences.
1. I can look at the downs of my life and become one of those who feel that since life was hard on me why should I care about another.
2. Or I can look at the downs in my life experiences and try my best to overcome them and not allow the negative energy to (win) me over and ruin my conscious outlook on life. Going with option 2 is what I chose, I know there are ups and downs in life but I cannot let the downs overcome me, I must stay strong and persevere through those uncomfortable experiences and gain strength from those negative experiences and turn that energy into LIGHT within. I know its not easy to accept but it is what it is. Struggles in my life believe it or not have made me more positive because GOD has remained by my side through them all. Even when I didn't think the was there due to the circumstances seeming too much for me to deal with the LORD was there.

Do you know anyone who stays positive despite nothing but bad happening to them?

[color=cyan] No because the bad situations in life tend to test a souls integrity and how much temptation a soul can withstand. So at times its understood that your vibrations or frequency may drop low none are in a perfect state right now here so at times your frequency may sway positive or negative, this is where you internal strength comes in and experiences memories. Do you let things get you down so much that you vibrate on a complete negative energy frequency or do you overcome them and keep it moving which can / will increase your positive energy frequency making you stronger for potential next test/temptations.

Do you know anyone whos constantly negative despite everything always working out for them?

[color=cyan]
Possible for there are some ungrateful beings who have some of the best influences upon their lives financially or health wise and still they are not grateful and seek more power over others who have nothing which in turn shows their vibrations on a negative frequency so 1 feels its possible.

Basically its not about looking positive or being positive so others can view you in a certain type of way and follow you, no. Its just recognizing the positive effects or negative effects on the body/soul/spirit/internal energy and trying to vibrate on a frequency that will assist in positive health for the body/soul/spirit/internal energy overall. And to 1 that is a logical approach to the life and death phases within existence in which our body/soul/spirit/internal energies experience.

So it would make sense that the more negative or positive energy your body/soul/spirit/internal energy produces within your frequency why experiencing existence will eventually guide your higher self into a more positive or negative realm of existence as you continue upon your journey home to the source or Heaven... So try to walk and interact with others as positive as you can upon your existence journeys as you learn from your many experiences.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

edit on 10/31/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I had a generally negative childhood growing up. I was poor, my Mom had PTSD and ADHD, her boyfriend was a jerk and hit her and stuff. My Mom was only positive in a really unrealistic sense when she thought good things were gonna happen that had no chance of materializing. The rest of the time she was really negative and grim. So I never learned to think positive as a kid and I was never taught the difference between the victim mentality versus the survivor mentality. I was growing up in a harsh situation with no metaphysics.

Eventually I decided I'd give some certain mental techniques and thought patterns a try because I had nothing to lose and they have helped. My life isn't perfect, but I'm working on it.

It's an open question whether my life really would have been different during it's worst years had I been thinking positive. It's one of those things that can't be proven.

There is a ternary to positive and negative thought-action. Maybe if as a kid I had explained my situation to a teacher or to my Grandparents my Mom would have either got her act together or I would have gotten to live somewhere else.

All personal experience aside, most positive thinkers I know were generally raised in a *mentally healthy* environment. Whether or not they were poor growing up, their parents taught them good habits of mind and attitude and they eventually turned out pretty well. So I don't think it's merely your life situation, it's also how you were raised to think.

I don't think positive thinking has any effect on your life situation other than making you more charismatic and helping you notice opportunities and increasing the amount of effort you can put out.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

IkNOwSTuff, I've been on both sides of the spectrum and can confidently say that positive thinking eventually brings the law of attraction into your life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join