It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don;t think most people enjoy seeing fellow humans suffering. but i do believe it serves as an awakening that when the trouble knocks on your door you realise how it feels to be without a home or losing your belongings.
Definetly worse to have an occupying force in your country but still its a bit of a sample.

having said that i think what most people say here is "see how it feels now?".
instead of praising your soldiers thinking you do God's work better wake up and realise how awful it is. there is nothing to be proud about your army when you do what you do for oil and money using fake excuses like weapons of mass destruction.

HOWEVER. as I hate to see people in middle east being tormented by the US army i hate to see americans being in this situation as well.. we are all humans and we need to see finally that we're all brothers and sisters living on a big rock floating in space. enough with the imaginary lines on the dirt and lets move on as a species helping ourselves and our planet for better a future.

thats my view on it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
WATCH.....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
I am really concerned for the pets and strays. I do understand that many are much more concerned about the people, but they have had plenty of warning to evacuate or go to higher ground.

The countless animals however, do not have such a luxury. My heart really goes out to them, after what happened in New Orleans with all the pets, I cant help but feel a huge sense of sorrow for these poor creatures.

I am constantly wondering about the pets there. Hopefully, most people who evacuated to a safer location, took their fur babies with them. My cat would be the first 'thing' I grab, if bugging out.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The sad part is there are going to be people that believe that is a real news feed...

they did a good job i'll give them that, but not the time or place.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A friend just sent me this:

RAINBOW OVER NEW YORK

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Jesus, some of you are really overestimating the long-term effects of this storm. Yes, it's pretty bad. Yes, it's going to cause extensive damage, but no, it will absolutely not lead to some kind of post-apocalyptic chaos in NYC. No,
Blackwater isn't going to roll in Katrina-style to force people into submission. If you're not near the East coast, just watch some webcams set up to see where the actual damage is. Times Square looks pretty normal again already. Calm down and direct your emotions toward a rational solution rather than resorting to hyperbole like the media.

Have a look:

search.earthcam.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by vvedanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Breezy Point, Queens. Scene of the fire last night...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

People are crazy lollll

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vvedanta
Jesus, some of you are really overestimating the long-term effects of this storm. Yes, it's pretty bad. Yes, it's going to cause extensive damage, but no, it will absolutely not lead to some kind of post-apocalyptic chaos in NYC. No,
Blackwater isn't going to roll in Katrina-style to force people into submission. If you're not near the East coast, just watch some webcams set up to see where the actual damage is. Times Square looks pretty normal again already. Calm down and direct your emotions toward a rational solution rather than resorting to hyperbole like the media.

Have a look:

search.earthcam.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by vvedanta because: (no reason given)

Here's a better look. I know EXACTLY what's ahead. I'm from there. Born and raised. The BIGGEST problem they face is the subway system. Picture a bug flying through a spider web, leaving an exit hole...with the remaining web still intact.Challenges for New York Subways

BTW...the damage will have a rippling effect. Don't forget......winter is almost here. The ground will still be saturated, when the 1st snowstorm hits. WinNorSnoApocoGeden.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Another way to look at this.
You realize this will eventually cause a economic boom as all effected areas will start rebuilding, repairing and or replacing their losses. Short term it will be hell for many but eventually people will be needed for the eventual reconstruction effort and that means jobs and massive amounts of building materials and supplies [Lumber, Concrete, electrical and plumbing] etc etc etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If you see power lines down, please don't approach them. Some of them may be live. Ongoing testing by the power companies means that at any time, downed wires may become active for brief periods as they try to restore power.

You don't have to touch a wire to receive a lethal jolt. Simply jumping over them can put you close enough for the electricity to "jump" from the wire to you. Same with wires in puddles or across cars. Don't touch anything in contact with them and don't try and "go around" or "over" the wires by climbing on something nearby.

Even if you are sure the power is off, that could change at any moment. Stay safe, stay away from downed power lines.

edit on 30-10-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
that storm is nothing that can't be cleaned up in a month. It's NOTHING! It's definitely not oragame-fuku-saki

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If salt water got into the power tunnels of NY there could be a very costly and timley replacemennt of miles of power cables , switch gear , and infrastructure as corrosion takes it's course . Thats if they can salvage the system and dry it out and keep shortout explosions from destroying it to start with .Insurance companies are battening down the hatches .

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You realize this will eventually cause a economic boom as all effected areas will start rebuilding, repairing and or replacing their losses. Short term it will be hell for many but eventually people will be needed for the eventual reconstruction effort and that means jobs and massive amounts of building materials and supplies [Lumber, Concrete, electrical and plumbing] etc etc etc.

But....where is the money going to come from to pay for workers? And, where are people going to live, if their houses are destroyed, due to water damage? How are people going to travel, if the subway system is down, for an extensive period of time? How will supplies be shipped and delivered???

If New York shuts down, for an extensive period of time...the world shuts down. Water is a BAD THING. Especially for a railway system that runs by electricity; and a financial system the world depends on, handles it's business electronically. Oh, and need i mention, the drought that most of the U.S. just experienced? We have yet to feel the affects from that. What's gonna happen when the food starts dwindling down?

This isn't like 911....that was isolated...this is spread out, over a long distance. Before ANYTHING happens...they'll have to take care of the electrical problem. That's the MAIN concern....besides pumping out the water. NYC is an island.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A pic from Liberty Island during the storm.

I'm not sure but, I think it might be photoshopped. The sky seems WAY too clear.

edit on 10/30/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

a thread discussing that aspect and a little bit of info on the "The Broken Window Fallacy".

economics.about.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i have to reiterate another posters point of view in saying, will this improve the economy, just ask the survivors of Katrina....

Originally posted by FortAnthem

A pic from Ellis Island during the storm.

I'm not sure but, I think it might be photoshopped. The sky seems WAY too clear.

i often wondered why the French made her face look like a male Roman god?

edit on 30-10-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
that storm is nothing that can't be cleaned up in a month. It's NOTHING! It's definitely not oragame-fuku-saki

Cleaned up....in a month?
NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Electricity and water.....do not mix!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join