It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Good try. Pretty lackluster video though...

Let's see...

-could have done without the stretch of 8:40-13:45. I've been to Florida, and I've been to NY. AFAIK, NY does not have palm trees.

-13:50- the guy says: "There's leaves, everywhere"... shocking footage.

-17:00- video of water up to the middle of the tires on a car.

-19:46- stuff starts happening

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So, ALL of that will be torn down (mold) and rebuilt in the SAME SPOT?

Why does this happen year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year ?

ok joe rogan...

it happens year after year because we build cities next to oceans? i wonder if you'd have called it mold if it was your precious canada that got ruined

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

There is a theory that our whole planet right now and for pretty much as long as humans have been around ice age and all has actually been in a mild period, and that the natural and more common state of the planet is not this calm serene blue sphere one were experiencing right now. It's natural state is a more crazy and wild atmosphere and ecosystem especially in the weather department.

Ya... For Years... even Decades, the theory was... "no, these weather patterns are normal"... "we always got earthquakes"... "we always get storms"... nothing to see here. keep going, keep going.

You will still find some people out there that adhere to this theory...

These storm events, according to Wallace Kaufman and Orrin H. Pilkey, Jr. in their book, "The Beaches Are Moving -- The Drowning of America’s shoreline," are not disasters in nature but normal events in the grand scale of time recurring more or less regularly. But people, whose lives are too short to experience these events as such periodic and normal natural events, view them as acts of God, misplaced storms, or freak storms.
source: Berkshire Eagle

Never mind that Sandy was 1000 miles across... I've read 2000 miles in some other sources....

Size of storm: Nearly 1,000 miles wide
NBC News article link

Because Sandy is thousands of miles wide, the storm's powerful effects will be felt all the way to Maine and include strong winds and flooding rainfall....
source: Nasa

So now, it's not that "oh..these are normal...". But because it cannot be denied or overlooked that natural disasters are increasing in intensity and in frequency... Instead, now it's: "these are the new normal" (or more specifically, "the former normal"). That's a slick way for them to Cover Their _sses.
edit on 3/11/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As devistating as these pictures are, Im finding that what is disturbing me the MOST is how few of them there are. There is very little being reported on the aftermath of this storm. Remember how much was reported on Katrina? The Fema camps, thousands of pictures, and stories. There is nothing. Considering the area, population, and the fact that there are a couple DOZEN nuclear power plants that were affected all we are getting are these same few pictures. Dont forget that with the big oil spill in the gulf there was a law made that allowed for media black outs. Nothing was allowed to be reported that could cause harm to anyone in any way or any civil upset. All we have is a few pictures of some floating cars, a sunk rollar coaster, a big wave and a pic of dark skyscrapers. Oh, and lady liberty for comic relief. Whats up? This is not to offend the OP in any way, you are posting what is there and that is appreciated. It is just disturbing to me now that there isnt more, because there should be.
edit on 3-11-2012 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Before and after pics, hover and slide to view:

PICS LINK

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Great link, thank you. Really shows the extent of the damage. Worse than I thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
BEFORE

AFTER

What more needs to be said or shown???
Will this HELP?
Lower Manhattan After Pics

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

No, I do not believe this is the SIMS
But I do believe that if you've lost something, why not move and start anew in a better location that doesn't get hammered year after year with storm surges, hurricanes, floods, etc. Why do we keep wasting millions if not billions of dollars rebuilding, when it could be just as, if not cheaper to relocate and tear down and build a park or wetland. All I'm saying is as a species we can be really stupid sometimes (look at all the people who stayed in New Orleans, than had to get bailed out, plus we're still rebuilding parts of New Orleans)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join