It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My thoughts goes to all the people who are affected by this tragedy, and off course all the animals. I'm sitting in Norway and watch the snow fall down and the tv is on.. This storm is almost the only thing that is on tv..

It's amazing how this world works.. Wonder what's next!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

I guess the Long Island Express is not well known or maybe 1938 was before the northeast was settled. I really have no idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
ROCKAWAY, QUEENS, NY

HARVEY CEDARS, LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

I found this on Reddit apparently someones home is completely gone now because of the hurricane

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Woot. Finally. I made it to a friend's house with internet and power.....Most of long island is out of power now, heard on the radio that 90% or something don't have electricity. I heard trees fall down and electrical poles break. I heard explosions of all sorts. Thank god my house was not damaged but it doesn't change the fact my house has no electricity or heat at the moment and I'm not sure the water is safe to drink. But yeah, the devastation was cataclysmic. First time I've ever seen so many problems.

Some of my neighbors have actually had their own generators going for hours. A lot of neighbors going to recharge their phones. Anyway feel free to ask any questions if anyone is curious.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Were you able to take any pics?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Glad to hear all is well.
Growing up in the South with these hurricanes, I can relate to an extent. Were you able to take any pictures?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

Not yet, I literally just got to a friend's house to recharge everything so maybe later on my way back home i'll post some stuff. And hopefully i'll have power by the time I get home. but according to LIPA's map its a probable no..but i will when it comes back if people are still interested. It really sucks its like 50 degrees in my house, not to mention I have verizion FIOS package so since the battery for the verizon thing ran out, my land line doesn't work. But the destruction is pretty cool, a lot of trees didn't like break off, a lot of them actually got uprooted.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Im actually from the shoreline of Connecticut.. I know that at least my area, you have 2 options. If the house is reparable, you can repair it. If it isn't and you decide you want to rebuild, you have to move it back further. We got pretty hammered too. Ill see if I can dredge up some good pics from friends.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The "North Carolina" pics in your OP look like stock photos that were taken long before hurricane Sandy was probably even formed. The first NC photo even has a watermark on it.

And the one with the person on the pier with waves crashing it - I'm fairly certain that I've seen that picture somewhere on the internet before. Possibly years ago.

And you mention that you got this from Yahoo!News. I think this invalidates the authenticity of Yahoo!News.

On a side note, MSN News isn't that much better. These sites don't specialize in news, so if I were you, I'd stop getting my information from these useless morons.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Those are incredible pictures of destruction. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have been affected.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

To the people that are saying, this thing isn't real...and these pictures are being doctored up...are confused between reality and fiction. This...ladies and gentlemen....IS THE REAL DEAL!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kontage
reply to post by RothchildRancor

I guess the Long Island Express is not well known or maybe 1938 was before the northeast was settled. I really have no idea.

I obviously did not do my homework as extensively.

Further cementing my belief that New York survived that storm, as it did in the one in 1869, and it will survive this one also.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

That site is unreliable....you cannot tell photo manipulation like that from putting a filter on it lol.

That taxi pic and other car pic is 100% real, I saw video of the flooded taxi park on the news.

Edit; I found the video clip. You can see the flooded cars in pink water @ 3:20

edit on 1-11-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
Woot. Finally. I made it to a friend's house with internet and power.....Most of long island is out of power now, heard on the radio that 90% or something don't have electricity. I heard trees fall down and electrical poles break. I heard explosions of all sorts. Thank god my house was not damaged but it doesn't change the fact my house has no electricity or heat at the moment and I'm not sure the water is safe to drink. But yeah, the devastation was cataclysmic. First time I've ever seen so many problems.

Some of my neighbors have actually had their own generators going for hours. A lot of neighbors going to recharge their phones. Anyway feel free to ask any questions if anyone is curious.

I am surprised you would be allowed to drive to Long Island without being turned around by The Authoritays.
Not living over there and what not. That's usually how it works.

The cataclysm did not affect your house, and presumably not your friend's either. How far out from wherever you live did the cataclysm begin and end?

To the poster above this, the media's reporting of anything is usually crap. There was nothing in this storm reporting by any network that changed my view.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks bad there, the collapsed bridge? Take care, be strong inside like the Japanese when their earthquakes happened

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
couldnt have happened to a nicer country. damage doesnt even remotely compare to what you all have caused with airstrikes over the last decade but beggars cant be choosers.

Unfortunately, this time it's different because it isn't about a country. This could devastate the entire WORLD!

NEW YORK CITY

Looks like as if taken from LIFE AFTER PEOPLE. watch the seasons if you haven't. they give what will happen after people are gone with normal processes but with the power of nature things could be speeded up quite fast.

Originally posted by talklikeapirat

Manhatten, New York

Must admit. it looks beatiful though.

Although I do not think Dec 21st will be anythin of that sort - due to the weather changes worldwide, I am asking - is the Earth going to something bigger in the next decades?
edit on 1-11-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

You can see some forms of manipulation if you understand how that thing works. Unfortunately that poster doesn't. As I said I recommend trying it out for yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe people fighting in this thread that sandy is overplayed.

You know what you won't ever see? West Milford. Some areas of this town are being told 30+ days without electricity. Our forests here are mostly pines and oak, depending on which part. We got recorded 85mph winds up here, which is insane. Anyone who's been around pines know they tend to topple in 50 mph winds much less 80+.

There's a section of a road off 23 called Oak Ridge Road. Beyond the barricaded section is about 150 feet of road covered by a football field section of pine trees and totally unpassable. I attempted to walk in to get pictures but cops would not let me.

Just that bit of road alone is about a week of work, minimum for crews working nonstop. Ontop of this and the 40 degree nights, we have the possibility of snowfall next week that would stick to the ground for many people without power.

Since I could not grab a picture due to the cops, here is the area on google maps:
prntscr.com...
The darkish bit of trees a little right of center on the road is where I am talking about. EVERY SINGLE PINE THERE is now fallen over or snapped in half.

Luckily most people up in the mountains here know how to hunt and are pretty well set off with generators, etc. The problem though, is our 2 MILE long (some more) lines for gas, which now have national guard assisting in protecting some stations after fights have begun breaking out etc.

30 days of no power is going to be insane.

Price gougers are already gouging gas costs up to 9+$/gal and just eating the $30,000 fine for doing so.(theyre still making more money, and people are STILL paying that much)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Those pictures define hubris - and it is us.

Great compilation.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join