It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I guess what I find most amazing here is the degree of denial or lack of acceptance as regards to the devastation brought by this storm. We have been so captivated by the submerged lakefront communities. Yet I don't think we know the extent of electric outages due to downed trees and equipment damage. I just find here a little lack of consideration for those affected and suffering, as well as a certain opportunism in play for political agenda or ideology.

No matter what, this storm is going to end up costing hugely in infrastructure, productivity, system shock, and just plain misery

Also, here you have it coastal flooding, elections postponed. All we need is a little social unrest, and be careful what you ask for.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by SpittinTruth

The storm hit the entire eastern sea-board and was felt as far in-land as Ohio, so please, keep telling us how bad it is because of one small area.

The Philadelphia subway isn't flooded, nor has D.C.s.
edit on 10/30/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Ohio isnt on the coast. It didn't get the direct hit. New Jersey got most of the damage. New York got it's damage from the rivers. Philadelphia? Man...please! Do you have pictures from people you know or are you just here to accumulate stars? Darn near an entire state's tourist industry is DESTROYED. Just because your hickville of Ohio didn't get anything, doesn't mean other places haven't been DEVASTATED.

Stay in Ohio...where you're safe and warm.

One small area??? Perhaps, you think we're talking about Ohio? We're talking about New York and New Jersey. What do you think....New Jersey is some kind of piss pot? Like i said, you watch too much "Snookie".

Wow. Go back on your meds cupcake. Your insults and assumptions are unwarranted.

You obviously have no concept of scale nor how the Jersey Shore works. There are no/absurdly few tourists during the fall, winter and spring. When tourist season starts up again, all will have been rebuilt.

Like I said, you are a doom-monger. You don't care about the actual scale, size and effects of this storm, you just want to post the most heart-rending images possible. (speaking of accumulating stars)

I'm from Jersey...born and raised. The New Jersey shore, specifically, SEASIDE HEIGHTS, was a BIG part of my life. Cruisin' the blvd...in a canary yellow Iroc-Z...blastin' Johnny O or Cynthia WAS the Jersey Shore: Wildwood - Seaside, Lavalette, Belmar (all which, BTW...were completely destroyed. Wildwood, not sure.)

So...you're telling me...they're gonna be able to build....3 miles of boardwalk, replace all the rides, games, video games; fix all the houses, hotels, restaurants, night clubs, etc, etc....during winter season....before Memorial Day weekend?
And Christmas is 6 weeks or so, away??? Great timing, eh?

Tell this couple to just "rebuild".

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe the tanker that washed up on shore, in Staten Island, is photo-shopped in too.

High winds and high waves are can toss around a 700 hundred ton tanker like a toy.

www.cbsnews.com...

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

I guess this is "photoshopped" also?

Yes....it definitely is.

fotoforensics.com...

Wow. Jpeg artifacts are absolute proof of fakes.......or maybe a sign of how desperate some people are to label everything a fake in case they have to face up to the truth, which is ;

The vast majority of stories and pictures are the truth. It is only ever a minority of pictures that are faked for (usually) money and/or propaganda reasons (NB the propaganda ones are easy to spot by identifying who the photo is being "publicised" towards. DUH !!!! ). What is ever so shocking and thus unbelievable to those with tin foil hats is that sometimes the "The truth is stranger than fiction". Who the hell needs to fake photos of New York given how bad it actually is ?

Here again the loonies that frequent ATS are showing their true colours where everything MUST be denied everything MUST be labelled a lie and everything MUST be a conspiracy in order for "their view of the world to be preserved".

Personally in times like this that attitude is utterly contemptible given the suffering that people are actually going through.

Go back a couple of days and the loonies were hyping this up with fake exaggerations so as not to face up to the fact that "their government" was trying it's best to avert as much human suffering as possible. Mind you I fully expect Haarp to be blamed next.......sheeesh.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

That looks really impressive. Too bad it's just a fake.

All those taxi's are photoshops.

fotoforensics.com...

I guess this is "photoshopped" also?

Another view of the floating cars, here,
titled "The scene in New York City's Financial District included these cars Tuesday."
edit on 30-10-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Please hold your argue for a moment and check this picture.
I hope this is not edited.

It would be a shame.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For all of you saying photos are photo-shopped please look at all of the different angles of the so called pics you are talking about.

www.huffingtonpost.com...=1703598

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

ya, you started a great idea for a thread and it turned into a
bitch session, not sure how it got out of hand, but i think your
idea for the thread was a great one. Hopefully it will get back on
course soon and all the bickering will fade away.

Thanks for staring the thread by the way. I have enjoyed seeing the
first hand pictures, puts a human aspect to it all. although i have done
a lot of skipping past all the fussing.

Guess some kids never grow up, and have to be involved in everything.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Why is the water red? I am very suspicious something terrible has been going on and they are sweeping this under the rug, and not telling anyone. Like homeless people or something that they're hiding. The water is red, if its not photoshopped.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Jersey really got slammed along the coastline. Too bad Jersey Shore wasn't filming....

you and every poster downplaying the disaster or joking about it need to die in a fire. have some respect for the people who have lost their homes and the places they love.
edit on 30-10-2012 by bcccl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have to say that I'm a little shocked at all of the "photoshop" comments on this thread. I live right where this storm blew through, and even far inland the wind was snapping trees like twigs. I was getting real time updates from my sister, who has a house in Ocean City, MD and I can tell you it's been devastated by this storm. Further north in Atlantic City where the wind was blowing directly into the beaches there was no stopping 15 foot walls of water. There is no conspiracy here people, just destruction. Go find a NWO thread if you want to troll.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
As usual it was predicted in the latest Guinness advert

"A Cloud Came from the Sea,
It was not like other clouds,
The wind could not command him,
The more he saw the more he did And the more he did the more he became
You see, he wasn't just a cloud, he was a cloud made of more"

Rothschild Guinness Advert Predicts HAARP Hurricane Sandy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by drbatstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Do not doubt these are real photos.
If we were there there our ankles would be wet.
edit on 30-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

Sorry yall but i was house surfing during rita when the only thing remaining grounded in the 200mph winds was the 100yr old fireplace.

The majority will survive. Grab an extra blanket and thank the almighty that the government still has a few on the light side in tact. Worse will come so prepare for worst than this and be ready to overcome.

My sincerest condolences to those of you that lost an expensive offshore boat.

Grab an extra blanket on your way up stairs and thank GOD for another day to get $H!t right.
edit on 30-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It would've been different if someone they hold dear died, crushed by a tree. It's all a matter of perspective. If I was closed to there though, I would go volunteer and help people instead of arguing. The ones that are making fun of you right now because you're dramatic are probably going to have something happen to them in the future that will make them change their perspective, or maybe not...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So I haven't really been following Sandy that much, how devastating did it turn out? Was it as bad as Katrina?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There are some people on this thread with absolutely no clue whatsoever!

I have been through a flood. I lost building, contents and cars.

I had really good insurance.

With damage this widespread the insurance assessors will need several months just to assess the damage. When people do get the insurance money, and that could be several months down the track, they have to start the cleanup. Getting all that thick mud and in this case salt out of their buildings. One hell of a job! An inch of water can cause huge damage to a building.

The infrastructure needs to be repaired, these are huge undertakings.

Then you need to get tradespeople in. You have to wait your turn! Boy, do you have to wait, there are just not enough to go around.

"In can all be fixed up in a month" You have no idea!

Having lived the nightmare, my heart goes out to all those people. It is a nightmare of uncertainty and heartbreak. It is a long time of stressing over where you and the kids will sleep. How will you do simple things like cook. How can you keep things sanitary. My mind boggles at the mere thought of a hard winter. There is no where near enough time to even get these homes minimally habital before the onset of winter.

If you are caught up in this, I do have some sage advice that experience has taught me.

People, take it one small step at a time! Complete one small task and then move to the next one.

Care for each other!

I am extremely worried that the insurance is held by a Government agency. They are not known for efficiency. FEMA, it is a concern.

P

edit on 30/10/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I get a kick out of how short-sighted our pea-brained news media is when they shockingly proclaim, "BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars in damage!"

Storms are one of the best unplanned economic stimulants available. The money transfers directly from the insurance companies and government agencies to consumers, builders, car dealers, Home Depots, etc..

The loss of life, records and memories is unfortunate, but economically, these storms are good for the region, IMO. I have a couple of New Orleans friends who have much better homes and pay today, than they had before the Katrina "disaster".
-cwm

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

best unplanned economic stimulants available
reply to post by carewemust

At this point unplanned is extremely debatable.
WTF would you do with all that cheese?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
so with all the sarcasm I can muster....

What country is sending Aid to the US.....hmm? Then we ought to do likewise...!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Well... Canada's sent lots of hydro crews south. Does that count?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join