learn more

Billy Joels Album 'Stormfront' names Sandy

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sandy is the short name for Alexandra

www.youtube.com...

Pretty weird, as Ive been searching for my Stormfront CD for years. "The Downeaster 'Alexa'" is my favorite song on the album. I found it a few days back in business desk drawer as Sandy was forming.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
Sandy is the short name for Alexandra

www.youtube.com...

Pretty weird, as Ive been searching for my Stormfront CD for years. "The Downeaster 'Alexa'" is my favorite song on the album. I found it a few days back in business desk drawer as Sandy was forming.

IMO, "Sandy" sounds a lot more like a short for Sandra, which is already too short to be shortened, so it's more about intimacy. Alexandra is naturally shortened to "Alex", I don't know how you came up with "Sandy".
edit on 10/29/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 10/29/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Sandra \s(a)-nd-ra, san-dra\ as a girl's name is pronounced SAN-drah, SAHN-drah. It is of English origin. Short form of Alexandra (Greek) "man's defender" via Alessandra (Italian). Comedienne Sandra Bernhard; actressesSandrine Bonnaire, Sondra Locke, Sandra Dee, Sandra Bullock; Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

Read more at www.thinkbabynames.com...

Think Baby Names

With that he is correct in his OP...and you are incorrect. Alex Is the more Modern dimunitive.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I know more than one Alexandra that go by Sandy.

Interesting OP, thanks for pointing this one out hehe I love stuff like that

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sandy is short for Alexandra

www.behindthename.com...

"Meaning & History

Originally a diminutive of ALEXANDER. As a feminine name it is a diminutive of ALEXANDRA or SANDRA. It can also be given in reference to the colour."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
Sandy is short for Alexandra

www.behindthename.com...

"Meaning & History

Originally a diminutive of ALEXANDER. As a feminine name it is a diminutive of ALEXANDRA or SANDRA. It can also be given in reference to the colour."

That's what I just said two posts up^.
LOL.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The stormfront album and the cover were really more about a disappearing way of life - the fishermen of the Atlantic.
The flag on the cover is the official "gale warning" flag to alert others to dangerous conditions. Downeaster Alexa is a song about a fishing boat and how they can't survive as the fisheries have been wiped out.
I love the song, love the album but I'm not going to give Billy Joel credit for storm predictions. His accomplishments as a musician and songwriter should be enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The stormfront album and the cover were really more about a disappearing way of life - the fishermen of the Atlantic.
The flag on the cover is the official "gale warning" flag to alert others to dangerous conditions. Downeaster Alexa is a song about a fishing boat and how they can't survive as the fisheries have been wiped out.
I love the song, love the album but I'm not going to give Billy Joel credit for storm predictions. His accomplishments as a musician and songwriter should be enough.

I put it in the category of this famous pre 9-11 album cover

thequietus.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What the hell kind of world do we live in where having a Billy Joel CD is acceptable? lol

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Alexa Ray Joel is the name of Billy Joels Daughter

new topics

top topics

join