It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it outlandish to be this excited for frankenstorm Sandy's destruction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19

Originally posted by Mrgone

reply to post by Mrgone

Basically this event is all out of our control, we cannot alter the situation. But how we FEEL about it is what I mean by our perspective. We can control our feelings and how we interpret this situation in a positive or negative manner.

Then if I may ask, what sort of positive do you expect from this storm?

Btw, I'm on the left coast. Warm and windy day for us. I enjoy a good storm as well.

Despite the destruction that will occur, the most important things are the non-materialistic things for personal growth: knowledge, feelings/emotions, understanding, and the fact that destruction does lead to creation in a figurative sense. I'm not about the terror, but for the experience to find meaning in why certain events happen for a particular reason.

But if its just natural disaster, a combination of conditions, then it is what is and what happens happens. Looking for the things you are looking for is simply meaningless subjective truffles. Or do you believe God is behind all things and so there is always a particular reason.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
I'm in Long Island tooo. Wishing for destruction is hopeful thinking that it will bring about some sort of change or some sort of justice. But wishing that upon others will only ruin your own karma. Wishing pain for others is never good, whether they are evil or not.

That being said. The storm is getting worse from here on.

Not wishing for anything, just being present and taking this ordeal in a positive manner and NOT looking at it through a perspective of fear, terror, or negativity. My karma does not affect someone else's karma with thoughts, that is a universal law. only inflicting physical harm does my friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Mrgone

reply to post by Mrgone

Basically this event is all out of our control, we cannot alter the situation. But how we FEEL about it is what I mean by our perspective. We can control our feelings and how we interpret this situation in a positive or negative manner.

Then if I may ask, what sort of positive do you expect from this storm?

Btw, I'm on the left coast. Warm and windy day for us. I enjoy a good storm as well.

Despite the destruction that will occur, the most important things are the non-materialistic things for personal growth: knowledge, feelings/emotions, understanding, and the fact that destruction does lead to creation in a figurative sense. I'm not about the terror, but for the experience to find meaning in why certain events happen for a particular reason.

But if its just natural disaster, a combination of conditions, then it is what is and what happens happens. Looking for the things you are looking for is simply meaningless subjective truffles. Or do you believe God is behind all things and so there is always a particular reason.

Not labeling "god" in terms to this manifestation of a storm, but how we experience this storm as a collective consciousness is what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Watch what you wish for..! Your end will come sooner or later. We all owe a death from the minute we are all born to this world. For those of you so unhappy about your position in life and want destruction because you think things will change for you, think again. The changes could be so catastophic that you could find yourself sleeping in a ditch and eating dirt to survive. Take a look at haiti. Did there lives change for the better when their old world was destroyed. Not by a long shot. It will be 40-50 years before they rebuild their world into somthing better. For those of you that would like to see the world destroyed, you can leave it whenever you want. Sooner than later would probably be better for the rest of us trying to do good and make the world a better place. Move on already or dummy up. Quit complaining and blameing everybody for you own failures. Most people that I meet that hate the World as it is and think the Government are out ot get them are failures in their own lives. They think they work hard but don't. They say they can't get a break but don't do anything to create one. Their sick and blame it on whatever but eat #. People are their own worst enemies. Your already living in your own personal hell because you hate yourself and whats going on in it. Change it. Don't push your pill on everybody else.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
But wishing that upon others ...

Religious people and some more or less deluded people ALWAYS "wish" that on others. The fault for all the bad things is ALWAYS with the others....go figure....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

I'm from Long Island, NY, where most of the terror inflicted by the monster storm is going to take place. The preliminary events already have most people up in arms spewing fear and other petty emotions. My perspective of any dire situation is to always keep a clear mind and be proactive of what is to come.

Also, I'm under the assumption HAARP had given Sandy the boost it needed to become a monster storm, *but that is listed in a few other threads already* so not going to talk about it in this thread!

Basically, this once in a lifetime event for a monster storm arriving to my hometown is making me feel stoked, how do you guys feel?

May I ask if you've ever weathered (no pun intended) out a severe storm as even 3/4 's the size of Sandy? Do you own your own home and have you accumulated "valuables" over the years? Are you by yourself or do you have "significant others" to worry about, including precious little ones? A vehicle? Do you value your own life? If you answered NO to all these questions, then I will assume you are either a masochist or very possibly just a very ignorant person!

Yes, a past hurricane, a three day power outage, and a tornado when I was younger. Forget about materialistic possession, because those are replaceable. Yes I own a car, but life, family and happiness comes first.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ATTENTION TO ALL THE NUT JOBS ASSUMING I AM WISHING HARM ON OTHERS: That is quite an outlandish interpretation, and learn how to control your emotions when you read a pathos statement. Please and thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Religion has nothing to do with my beliefs, because I am a very free spirited person. SO give me a break with your false readings of my character and integrity. We are here to talk about how a disaster like this makes you feel and how seeing it on a different perspective with meaning and understanding changes your personal outcome. Thank you again.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

From what i understand large amounts of iron was dumped of the Queen Charlotte islands.
This happened some months ago,this ritual iron bond with the earth ,not blood but
physical iron.This apparently caused the 7.7 EARTHQUAKE aimed at Oneida native
hero's defending your planet with there wisdom.The queen owns new york.
The queen lives in york owns all .NEW YORK IS HER PROPERTY.
This is where she commands the new world. NEW YORK.
These things are there intention black magic direction.
Kiss your mother earth with all your good loving intention and this dream will
be gone soon.The evil ones said in there media,the story of prince charming.
These evil ones were talking about your mother earth GAIA..They the archons
hate her ,hence what they are doing to her and all of us good intention humans.
KISS GAIA SOON THE DREAM WILL BE OVER.IT IS NOT WHAT YOUR MIND
THINKS THE LOGIC IT IS YOUR INTENTION IT IS THE WAY WE TAKE BACK
GAIA OUR MOTHER..INTENTION NOT LOGIC WILL BE OUR NEW WORLD.
GOOD LOVING COMPASSIONATE INTENTION.

edit on 29-10-2012 by madjetxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreshAirGirl
Watch what you wish for..! Your end will come sooner or later. We all owe a death from the minute we are all born to this world. For those of you so unhappy about your position in life and want destruction because you think things will change for you, think again. The changes could be so catastophic that you could find yourself sleeping in a ditch and eating dirt to survive. Take a look at haiti. Did there lives change for the better when their old world was destroyed. Not by a long shot. It will be 40-50 years before they rebuild their world into somthing better. For those of you that would like to see the world destroyed, you can leave it whenever you want. Sooner than later would probably be better for the rest of us trying to do good and make the world a better place. Move on already or dummy up. Quit complaining and blameing everybody for you own failures. Most people that I meet that hate the World as it is and think the Government are out ot get them are failures in their own lives. They think they work hard but don't. They say they can't get a break but don't do anything to create one. Their sick and blame it on whatever but eat #. People are their own worst enemies. Your already living in your own personal hell because you hate yourself and whats going on in it. Change it. Don't push your pill on everybody else.

I assume then that you will report for clean up duty? And does this mean Ann Margret is not comming?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Religion has nothing to do with my beliefs, because I am a very free spirited person. SO give me a break with your false readings of my character and integrity. We are here to talk about how a disaster like this makes you feel and how seeing it on a different perspective with meaning and understanding changes your personal outcome. Thank you again.

The only meaning I get without thinking a higher power is behind this sort of thing is that sometimes the weather goes nuts and you get what you get. Thats how natural disasters make me feel. I cant get reason out of no reason.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hurricanes are romanticized and rightfully so, imo. They live on in folklore too. You have wind, rain, oceans, waves, high tides. PLus real danger.

Now, someone mentioned how the hurricanes are beneficial. Anyone read anything on how hurricanes clean the ocean? Look at the foam they realeas:

Sea Foam

On the other hand, now we see why it is so important to keep the streets clean due to the high tides sending water into the streets and then washing back into the ocean. I think overall they clean and oxygenate the water though.

Here is another link i found, heave not read it all yet though, but i think sea foam is basically the dirty stuff coming out of the water.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
reply to post by sgspecial19

From what i understand large amounts of iron was dumped of the Queen Charlotte islands.
This happened some months ago,this ritual iron bond with the earth ,not blood but
physical iron.This apparently caused the 7.7 EARTHQUAKE aimed at Oneida native
hero's defending your planet with there wisdom.The queen owns new york.
The queen lives in york owns all .NEW YORK IS HER PROPERTY.
This is where she commands the new world. NEW YORK.
These things are there intention black magic direction.
Kiss your mother earth with all your good loving intention and this dream will
be gone soon.The evil ones said in there media,the story of prince charming.
These evil ones were talking about your mother earth GAIA..They the archons
hate her ,hence what they are doing to her and all of us good intention humans.
KISS GAIA SOON THE DREAM WILL BE OVER.IT IS NOT WHAT YOUR MIND
THINKS THE LOGIC IT IS YOUR INTENTION IT IS THE WAY WE TAKE BACK
GAIA OUR MOTHER..INTENTION NOT LOGIC WILL BE OUR NEW WORLD.
GOOD LOVING COMPASSIONATE INTENTION.

edit on 29-10-2012 by madjetxe because: (no reason given)

Hay, do you think mother GAIA or whatever will mind if I use natural gas, propane, to light my lantern when the lights go off? I wouldnt want to piss her off or anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Whenever I start hoping for a big interesting natural disaster to rip through the world, I try to remind myself that I wouldn't be quite so enthusiastic if I were one of the people being affected. It doesn't usually work...

edit on 29-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Hurricanes are romanticized and rightfully so, imo. They live on in folklore too. You have wind, rain, oceans, waves, high tides. PLus real danger.

Now, someone mentioned how the hurricanes are beneficial. Anyone read anything on how hurricanes clean the ocean? Look at the foam they realeas:

Sea Foam

On the other hand, now we see why it is so important to keep the streets clean due to the high tides sending water into the streets and then washing back into the ocean. I think overall they clean and oxygenate the water though.

Here is another link i found, heave not read it all yet though, but i think sea foam is basically the dirty stuff coming out of the water.

en.wikipedia.org...

But they are going to have to cut down a LOT of trees to rebuild all those houses that were "cleaned" off the landscape.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Whenever I start hoping for a big interesting natural disaster to rip through the world, I try to remind myself that I wouldn't be quite so enthusiastic if I were one of the people being affected. It doesn't usually work...

I gotta say....love your style and refreshing honesty.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Very true lol, but In a matter of fact I'm smack dab in the middle of it @EllaMarina so anything is plausible. Nothing will break my positive character, I am very strong spirited. This statement isn't sheer arrogance, but my inner confidence by choice..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow. Enjoy the ride then, and best of luck.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Very true lol, but In a matter of fact I'm smack dab in the middle of it @EllaMarina so anything is plausible. Nothing will break my positive character, I am very strong spirited. This statement isn't sheer arrogance, but my inner confidence by choice..

People will need you when this is over.
I will be watching to see you on the news helping old ladies with whatever they need, finding lost pets thier homes......and maybe even saving someones life.
Maybe even down at the beach with a large happy face sighn shaking your fist at the wind.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

People will need you when this is over.
I will be watching to see you on the news helping old ladies with whatever they need, finding lost pets thier homes......and maybe even saving someones life.
Maybe even down at the beach with a large happy face sighn shaking your fist at the wind.

I'm down lol giving my service back to mankind is definitely worth satisfaction AND karma points

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join