It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it outlandish to be this excited for frankenstorm Sandy's destruction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm from Long Island, NY, where most of the terror inflicted by the monster storm is going to take place. The preliminary events already have most people up in arms spewing fear and other petty emotions. My perspective of any dire situation is to always keep a clear mind and be proactive of what is to come.

Also, I'm under the assumption HAARP had given Sandy the boost it needed to become a monster storm, *but that is listed in a few other threads already* so not going to talk about it in this thread!

Basically, this once in a lifetime event for a monster storm arriving to my hometown is making me feel stoked, how do you guys feel?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Has your city not experienced enough tradegy for awhile?

Seeing rare natural events is what travel and exploration is for.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

HEPSEBAH (Queen Elizabeth) Attacked the ONEIDA NATIVES IN CANADA.
Now her NEW YORK is being attacked.Spiritual war .

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Has your city not experienced enough tradegy for awhile?

Seeing rare natural events is what travel and exploration is for.

I see this not as a tragedy, but a purification
. And yes, I've traveled to the carribean islands, SoCali, and the Dominican Republic. Still have to do more traveling though..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What's it like there now?

link   
I sometimes wonder if the reason some of us would like to see a major disaster shake up civilization is because we are not happy with the present order of things but for whatever reason lack the gumption to start the change ourselves. It would require work and personal sacrifice. Maybe we are hoping something else will jumpstart our changes so we can deal with it in post.

Maybe

link   

Originally posted by madjetxe

HEPSEBAH (Queen Elizabeth) Attacked the ONEIDA NATIVES IN CANADA.
Now her NEW YORK is being attacked.Spiritual war .

Woah, I'm all about spirituality and the existence of metaphysical conflicts, but please elaborate on what you promulgated bro...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
GFY

fee free warn me, I don't care

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

In the long run, it is merely perspective of each of us, and how we see this reality. My loving and compassion nature knows everything serves it's purpose, and this destruction will bring about new creation (in a sense lol)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Where's Geraldo?

I wanna see Geraldo flying around, hanging on to a tree.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What's it like there now?

So far Centerport and Northport are starting to go underwater, and wind speeds are ranging from approx. 45-60. This is only the beginning though hahaha..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

sgspecial19, I feel like its a EA*RTH response to the GOM oil leak that modified the temps of the ocean in that region where the loop current was once flowing normally but is not now. These currents in the oceans carry weather. So I am not surprised as it was destined to begin to take effects on the entire world. Remember the massive drought that just passed due to that belt being too high up near Canada not bringing down enough moister all related to GOM and may even be possible radioactive particles in the atmosphere carrying stronger charged elements now allowing these types of hurricanes to keep strength so far north.

link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
GFY

fee free warn me, I don't care

The substance in this post is mind boggling...Thank you for that

link   
Americans seem to have developed a taste for this stuff over the last decade. A steady diet of fires, tornados, snow and ice storms.....by god you name it......they need their fix, a form of intertainment/neurosis. Same reasons folks like those Godzilla movies.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

sgspecial19, I feel like its a EA*RTH response to the GOM oil leak that modified the temps of the ocean in that region where the loop current was once flowing normally but is not now. These currents in the oceans carry weather. So I am not surprised as it was destined to begin to take effects on the entire world. Remember the massive drought that just passed due to that belt being too high up near Canada not bringing down enough moister all related to GOM and may even be possible radioactive particles in the atmosphere carrying stronger charged elements now allowing these types of hurricanes to keep strength so far north.

It is inevitable to believe radioactive particles are in our troposphere since the late April 2011 fukushima meltdown, but on top of that, the fact that this storm is a mix of a hurricane, cyclone, AND a blizzard is not presumably mother nature's complete work.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Doom and gloom is spoon fed to the masses by American mainstream media, but those who don't watch television (like me) tend to think for themselves and see this incoming distaster a lot more compassionately

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19
reply to post by Mrgone

In the long run, it is merely perspective of each of us, and how we see this reality. My loving and compassion nature knows everything serves it's purpose, and this destruction will bring about new creation (in a sense lol)

In what way do you mean "perspective".

I do somewhat agree with the thought of change being a method to a new beginning and the potential for the good that can come from a fresh start. Simply put I believe it is the new beginning you desire (as do I) but to be excited for the destruction as a means to that fresh start might show a lack of empathy towards those in it's path.

Again,maybe
edit on 29-10-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here's what I'm talking about with Centerport starting to go underwater

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I see this not as a tragedy, but a purification .

Pardon?

What do you mean purification? Are you getting at some kind of cleansing? If so, I leave you to your delusions.
edit on 29-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Basically this event is all out of our control, we cannot alter the situation. But how we FEEL about it is what I mean by our perspective. We can control our feelings and how we interpret this situation in a positive or negative manner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join