It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain on Face the Nation: Obama Might Be Conducting ‘Massive Cover-Up’ With Libya Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I have postulated that the CIA might have wanted to keep a low profile, and having armed Marines might have made their little compound a juicier target. More lives might have been lost if we had more guards stationed there.

Hmm... You mean an even bigger target than it was? Also, can you define the word guard?

Also, you are absolutely correct about more lives being lost if they would of had more guards. Just imagine how many of them would get shot accidentally while video recording (no guns).

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

I have postulated that the CIA might have wanted to keep a low profile, and having armed Marines might have made their little compound a juicier target. More lives might have been lost if we had more guards stationed there.

Hmm... You mean an even bigger target than it was? Also, can you define the word guard?

Also, you are absolutely correct about more lives being lost if they would of had more guards. Just imagine how many of them would get shot accidentally while video recording (no guns).

Right.. Lol. It's an absolute falicy to think the commander-in-chief couldn't simply protect his own people without a hidden agenda.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
bump for the op as i wanna see where this one is going .if McCain can prove this this could turn out to be a october nightmare to obama and most likely play a part in the elections

LOL, how many other countrys were involved in this hit on Qaddafi and his country, MCcain will get told to STFU soon enough wait and see.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Vitruvian the real story will ever be told - except for a self-serving manipulation by the usual crop of Israel bashers.
This will be ...what...the third time in 2 days I prove your Opinion as Fact Arguement Wrong.Its ok, I enjoy teaching, only because you Stopped before Using the Anti-Semite Card.

How bout the Real Story, told by the Real Survivors?Willing to be enlightened?

First of all - this thread isn't about the USS Liberty so please refrain from sidetracking it AGAIN.

Secondly - Your comments are preposterous - stop arguing and contribute something worthwhile to the thread.

You have proven me wrong about NOTHING.

AND there is absolutely nothing you can tell me about the USS Liberty debacle - nada! The USS Liberty incident is very much like the Benghazi incident - only difference being that the Jews weren't involved this time. BUT they (the Israeli's) damn sure were involved in the USS Cole incident.
That aside (I'll come back to it later) - Lyndon Johnson and his defense secretary, Robert McNamara, ordered that the inquiry conclude that the incident was an accident. Johnson and McNamara told those heading the Navy's inquiry to "conclude that the attack was a case of 'mistaken identity' despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

The reasons for that - as stated in my previous post - were that the US government - in collaboration with the CIA/US Navy - was caught spying again using a 'freighter' that had been converted into a highly sophisticated intelligence vessel by the top-secret US National Security Agency, and packed with the latest signals and electronic interception equipment. The government was extremely concerned about NOT allowing any of that information out to the public. Same as what we see now with the Benghazi incident.

Please do the proper research before commenting in this thread - Thank you..........

For more on the USS Cole False Flag incident go here.

Since the US government had AGAIN blamed "Al Qaeda" terrorists as the main culprits behind the attack on the USS Cole I will be making a separate thread on it soon ............]
edit on 30-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Society made me this way, not medication you twit. If that were the case I'd be sitting next to Mccain in the old folks home, not causing havoc. Meds = Calm, Not Meds = Crazier, Anyhow if he takes what I'm taking it'll be legalized a bit sooner, once his memory and state of mind rebound.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Now back to main subject of this thread..................Looks as though John McCain is going to dig very deep using his official capacity as a highly respected senior ranking US Senator to get to the truth of the Benghazi debacle. And don't be surprised to see that he hooks up with Daryl Issa for a two pronged attack on the BHO administration so as to deal the final blows to this totally corrupted White House.

McCain Vows To Put Obama Senior Officials Under Oath Over Benghazi

Hugh Hewitt: Last question, Senator, if the majority goes back to the Republicans in the Senate, will there be an investigation that requires answers be given to all the questions that you’ve raised led by a United States Senate committee?

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): I promise you as the person who would be the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, I will not rest. And I will not rest, because the American people cannot be deceived like this. We are in a very dangerous world as you know, Hugh. You look all around the world, and you don’t have to have me describe it to you. But a far more dangerous world than we were in four years ago. And the American people deserve answers. The families of these four brave Americans deserve answers. And I promise you that we will achieve that.

Hewitt: Senator, will you put Mr. Brennan and Mr. Clapper under oath with regards to these matters?

McCain: Absolutely. I promise you that that will happen if we can get the majority. And I hope that our dear friends in Montana are listening. We need to win that race. Denny Rehberg is our candidate, right?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Society made me this way, not medication you twit.

STOP THE NAME CALLING !

edit on 30-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: TXT

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
By now everyone knows (or should know) that BH Obama, has lied through his teeth regarding the role played by the US government with respect to the smuggling of armaments and munitions to al Qaeda in Libya and Syria. It seems that Chris Stevens really was working with the CIA (as some here have suggested) and it also appears that the CIA provided arms and ammunition to al Qaeda and to several other Islamic jihadist's such as the Muslim Brotherhood, the purpose of which was to infiltrate, and to take down several targeted governments in the middle-east. All this with the direct knowledge of the president.

Will the MSM now still dare to sweep this under the rug despite McCain's recent appearance on national television? A few questions come to mind here - has the national security apparatus of the US government colluded with the 'supposed' enemy, have they conspired with al Qaeda once again - only this time on a much grander scale than what occurred in Afghanistan against the Russians? Questions are coming “fast and furious,” only this time on a more global scale. BHO has no place to hide!

SO - The big question here is - was Chris Stevens in Benghazi to head up a US gun running operation to al Qaida jihadi's - similar to Fast and Furious - only on a much greater scale? In other words, was Ambassador Stevens the US operational officer in a gunrunning operation to al Qaida linked groups - an operation gone sour? And more importantly - did BHO - along with the cooperation of the CIA - personally and deliberately set up Stevens and the others, Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods and Sean Smith to die? - as other recent threads on mine seem to suggest See here --> The real reason behind Benghazigate - Was Obama gun-walking arms to jihadists?
and here --> BHObama PERSONALLY Arranged Benghazi Trip That Resulted In Murder Of US AMB Chris Stevens and others
Looks that way from here!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
MILITARY INSIDER: “Do The Math…Left On Own To Die Out There”

MILITARY INSIDER: “Do The Math…Left On Own To Die Out There”
by Ulsterman on October 29, 2012
A longtime Military Insider gives a brief and searing response regarding whether or not U.S. military could have successfully been deployed in time to save Americans under attack by terrorists on September 11th at the American consulate in Benghazi.

MILITARY INSIDER: How soon could we have gotten to Benghazi? All that was needed to send those -deleted- scattering was one single F-18. Range of app. 2k. TS of over 1000mph. Do the math. We had that capability less than 500 miles away. NASSIG would have had full armed deployment inside of 20. From time of initial report to arming, to takeoff. I’ve seen it done in less. ETA to consulate in less than hour. Would have ripped a hole in the sky to get there. This is exactly what we are trained for. Just one flyer would have lit those -deleted- up inside of 10. Coordinates known. That’s all our guys need. Would have been precision termination. Clean. In/out.
Instead, left on own to die out there.
Not the first time.
WHC coordinating with State, others to TS classify everything. EVERYTHING.
Shutting it all down.
Significant activity out of NLSO on this as well.
Have eyes. Have ears. Need mouths.
F-cking politicians.

Read more in News
« If Obama Ordered Military To “Secure Our Personnel,” Where Is Proof Of That Order?

edit on 30-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: add pic

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmaracing
With all this distraction on Benghazi attack, yes 4 people died and its a shame, but its been turned into a politico headline by fox and many on the right.

Don't forget :

1983 Beirut barracks bombing, "241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured"
."There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans, besides a few shelling. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes"

Yep and then Regan just packed the boys up and sent them home. Oh they built a nice mermorial wall for them down at Lejeune.

Wall

i cant find any photos right off to do it justice.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Honestly I have been thinking the same thing all along although not saying it. Do I think it is a possibility that Stevens was a witness that was "removed"? Yes. Am I 100% certain? No.

I want this on the MSM. Obama says this is not an election issue. BUT everything a president does while in office is an election issue. Since his performance can make a difference in how the people vote. Withholding this is election fraud. And if this continues, charges should be made concerning this. Even against the MSM. I think there is some dirty pool and backroom deals going on and the MSM are involved. Just my opinion here and I have no proof. But I think oversight committees need to look into this.

edit on 30-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yeah, and McCain might be having an affair with my wife.

But I kind of doubt that too!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If he's trying to cover it up, he's done a spectacularlly horrible job.

It's not incompetence. It was a nest of CIA activity.

We don't always get told about every covert CIA op that goes down. I'm sure that if Romney was in charge, the same CIA program would have been going on.

It was a CIA op that went bad. End of story.

I doubt Romeny would have done anything differently.

This is what happens when we decide to "Nation Build", and have to go back to clean up our own messes.

Don't believe so.

Mitt Romney would never run guns to Syrian rebels....aka Al Qaeda affiliates. He wouldn't have bombed Libya and actively assisted in the killing of Gaddafi.

President Obama does NOT want it to become public that the Benghazi structure was not a 'consulate' but rater an arms depot where run running was conducted.

Before OR After the election.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Jarrett and President Obama figured that having the video to sell to the public as the reason for the attack, that by allowing 'Ambassador' Stevens and the retried SEALS...now CIA agents to become collateral damage in the attack, they were destroying evidence of their complicity in arming militants....militants who are supposed to be our sworn enemies.

IMO, they watch too many movies.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
video:

For those who don't want to read.

Our great lunatic Senator John McCain continues to politicize this tragic news. It's actually maddening when the masses fall for this horse#. If Americans getting killed at a consulate on foreign soil in one of the hottest regions in the world is gross negligence and disqualifies Obama for the presidency. What the hell does that say about George W. Bush, who under his watch, saw over 3+ thousand killed on home turf after receiving intelligence reports that Osama Bin Laden "plans to hi-jack planes in the US", where was the great Senator then?

Please John, there are people in harms way dying everyday for no fault of their own, but because of these sickening wars, let them go peacefully. Turning this into some kind of political talking point is extremely disturbing.

This divide and conquer is exactly what they want. Instead of arguing over the terrible foreign policy from all the past and current presidents, we are arguing over why these tragic events happened and basically accepting our current policy.

The news is tragic, mistakes were made, no doubt about it, but this is being politicized weeks before the election. Sure, those involved should be investigated ect ect, but what needs to happen is we need to get the hell out of these places and start investing in ourselves.

FU McCain.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I hear what you're saying.

I wonder though, if the 3rd parties had someone very rich behind them, would the MSN take more notice?

Most people want one side or the other, they seemed to be conditioned to that. It'll be hard for people who have voted one side or the other their entire lives to all of a sudden have a viable third choice.

Quite a few voters in America are conditioned by their families and communities to never even think for themselves or ask questions.

Having a couple of fat cats on our side isn't enough. The people in charge control the media, government, land, resources, schools and everything else. It's not by accident that we have two choices. We actually don't have a choice at all. As George Carlin said, we have the illusion of choice. They own both sides. When it comes to anything important we have 2, maybe 3 choices, political parties, insurance companies, ect, but if we want a bagel there are 19 flavors. Paper or plastic, aisle or window, those are your choices. Something along those lines anyway.

I 100% agree, the masses are mostly asleep or too busy slaving their asses off to even give a #. Even if they wanted to know, they are too busy just trying to survive.

Next they'll becoming for our pensions, social security, our retirement and they'll get it all. IMO George Carlin hit the nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

Oh wow, that had me laughing!

I just can't get on board with the idea that the President has everything going on under his thumb at all times.

Imagine how many memos and emails and crap *you* get at work each day. Now imagine being the POTUS. Granted, he has staff members that are supposed to sift through it and give him the most important stuff.

What happens when the CIA is exposed and trying to cover it's own arse?

Perhaps extra securtity would have compromised the intended mission of retrieving the weapons? I have no idea what really happened, but I doubt the POTUS has every single clandestine operation on a wall of video screens in front of his evil dictator-tall-backed chair.

Oh and a cat, he has to be petting a cat with an iron claw-like hand. Also, he has to do that evil laugh that you never hear (it's a conspiracy!) it goes like this, "Mwahahahaha!"

Yes, this is exactly what went down that day.

You should know by now if you have been following developments that the WH situation room is automatically informed when such events as the attack happen. There was a drone in the air and LIVE video from the scene directly into our government's midst. And they lie for about two weeks.

You attempt to make jokes and fun of the situation because you have no recourse, no defense--just like the Pres.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Senator John McCain: American hero and class act - imagine him abandoning his men in the field of battle. Imagine John McCain refusing to assist men threatened with death at the hands of of the enemy - al Qaeda. Better yet - Imagine "Admiral McCain" refusing an order from a corrupted, cowardly administration to "stand down" while his men were being slaughtered. He would have put his career on the line and surely would have dis-obeyed such an traitorous order I can tell you that.

So your assessment of him is the kind of thing we right thinking and patriotic Americans have come to expect from those who are opposed to democracy - weak and filled with falsehoods and eminently disrespectful - in a word LIBERAL.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Senator John McCain: American hero and class act - imagine him abandoning his men in the field of battle. Imagine John McCain refusing to assist men threatened with death at the hands of of the enemy - al Qaeda. Better yet - Imagine "Admiral McCain" refusing an order from a corrupted, cowardly administration to "stand down" while his men were being slaughtered. He would have put his career on the line and surely would have dis-obeyed such an traitorous order I can tell you that.

So your assessment of him is the kind of thing we right thinking and patriotic Americans have come to expect from those who are opposed to democracy - weak and filled with falsehoods and eminently disrespectful - in a word LIBERAL.

John McCain is a sellout, just like the rest of them. His POW days were unfortunate, and a terrible tragedy, that doesn't give him authority to politicize American deaths. You right thinking Americans are the problem.

Hero? Not a chance
edit on 30-10-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There is nothing honorable about John McCain. He's betrayed veterans numerous times:

www.motherjones.com...

crooksandliars.com...

www.dailykos.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by Rastus3663 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join