It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 100 LAPD in Riot Gear assault Fort Hernandez. They are holding them off.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
I know just my friends alone must have a better idea of whats going on because of my political updates. A lot of people may never have heard of the NDAA, but they sure as hell did if they were my friend.

You are so funny, thinking your "friends" have a better idea of what is going on all because you told them....

As was said above by tallcool1

"Seriously? Social media is a tool for shameless self promotion and that's about it. I'm sure there are a few people who use it to stay in touch with family and friends, but for the most part it's just self promotion. "

And in your case it is just for self promotion!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I like how dinglenuts here are afraid of facebook. ATS is just as bad fools.

In my case, what you've done there is confuse 'afraid' of facebook with 'don't like' facebook.

Easy mistake though.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
While I certainly realize the banks have been pretty awful, why should people get free housing justbe Usethey can't pay? I'm amazed the neighbors are supportive with14 people living in the house and couches and signs littering the lawn. I wish these people the best of luck but Id have to know more to feel like the bank actively screwed them.

Because every Bank Loan in America is a fraud there was no money loaned and they used your promissory note to make millions and saddle you with 30 years of slavery to them!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm really shocked at some people's lack of empathy for the millions of Americans facing this same situation.

The banks jacked up the interest rate and payment amounts on all the ARM's they insisted on writing due to the bank crisis that was caused by the poor financial practices in finance.

Then, the taxpayers give the financial companies billions of dollars to keep them from going under.

Meanwhile, they continue to foreclose on millions of Americans.

Am I the only one who sees the irony/ hypocrisy of this???

Back in the depression the banks didn't have platoons of riot cops / swat teams ready to help put families out on the street. Local Sheriffs refused to serve notices as it was extremely common for anyone approaching a family home with papers from a bank to be met by gunfire.

Things got so bad and the public so pissed off that the Government had to bring in the "New Deal" to create jobs, a safety blanket of social welfare, etc to prevent a revolution.

Big money / big govt sure learned their lessons from that time and even though things are 100 times worse now they actually get normal people standing up to defend their agenda. Amazing....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
2005 Banks started giving mortgages to illegal immigrants with no IDs or social security numbers.

23 million illegals got those mortgages to date and bought and sold homes amongst themselves and fled south of the Border with mega Trillions. They even gutted the homes of copper and cashed that in.

The Illegals outsmarted the Banks and Congress. Mexico has been BOOMing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I'm really shocked at some people's lack of empathy for the millions of Americans facing this same situation.

The banks jacked up the interest rate and payment amounts on all the ARM's they insisted on writing due to the bank crisis that was caused by the poor financial practices in finance.

Then, the taxpayers give the financial companies billions of dollars to keep them from going under.

Back in the depression the banks didn't have platoons of riot cops / swat teams ready to help put families out on the street. Local Sheriffs refused to serve notices as it was extremely common for anyone approaching a family home with papers from a bank to be met by gunfire.

Things got so bad and the public so pissed off that the Government had to bring in the "New Deal" to create jobs, a safety blanket of social welfare, etc to prevent a revolution.

Big money / big govt sure learned their lessons from that time and even though things are 100 times worse now they actually get normal people standing up to defend their agenda. Amazing....

Beat me to it, I was about to post something similar, the lack of empathy in this thread is ridiculous, I thought there was more humane individuals on ATS but this thread feels more like a board meeting in a bank.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow!

So you have a bunch of people who don't want to pay for anything, not even bus fare. They expect the rest of us to support them. I'm going to go out on a limb and say these people are Ron Paul or Obama supporters.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xality

Well, I have sympathy and Empathy for people who pay their bills and have issues entirely and 100% beyond their control. I DO pay MY mortgage and resent freeloaders making a game of it and seeming to make people like me look like chumps for honoring our word and contract for the mortgage signed.

Whatever people want to rationalize now for stiffing the banks, they signed the papers willingly enough when it was to their benefit. That means I have 0 sympathy now. If I should lose my home through my own fault or lack of payment I wouldn't expect pity or sympathy from anyone else, either. We all make our beds and decide how our lives will go. We all must live with it too.

Sympathy is for children and old folks. They earn it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Since none of these people were given a free identity and or enough free land to live off [we are on a prison planet remember ok] ... then yes they were forced to use the banks and the broken culture/society.

Personal Disclosure: And until we are all get given those two important things from the get go ... well then the situation is going to remain very wild and I cant blame or judge anyone for commiting ANY crimes under such outrageous circumstances.

And anybody who can blame and or judge anybody in such circumstances isn't being fair and has no proper sense of justice.

So I say RIOT ON!!! Invoke that 2nd ammendment .. ITS YOUR RIGHT TO DO SO OK!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Again Wow!

Have you always been such an ignorant moron?

Who owes you this free land,food,etc.?

Why don't YOU give ME some free stuff or do you just take?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rarely do I find myself agreeing with the Wrabbit, but that about sums it up. I certainly sympathize with those who, due to issues outside of their control, lose their home to foreclosure. I do not have sympathy for those that blame it on the bank or any other evil outside forces working against them. That is simply bullspit.

My wife was recently laid off. Luckily, we have do not have an adjustable rate mortgage, and only bought half the house we were approved for back in 2006. Could we have bought a $250,000 home? Yep. Instead we bought a $125,000 home as that is what made sense. We don't have to worry about our payments ever increasing from what they are now. We made those wise decisions. Many people just went for the biggest house they could get at the cheapest mortgage payments offered, without thinking about the long term effects. Even then, if they lost the home, that really, really sucks. But if they choose to lay the blame on the bank? Well, that's when my sympathy disappears. Personal responsibility. Nothing in life is guaranteed and the mortgage was a promissory note to repay. When the times comes that one can't or won't fulfill that obligation, the bank takes back it's property. Let's be clear, it isn't yours until you pay it off! I promise you, if the time ever comes that I lose my home to foreclosure, I'll damn sure be a man about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Explanation: I didn't take anything at all with my post ... not even liberties with the truth!

However you seem to be distorting what I wrote.

I never mentioned food at all. :shk:

I ONLY brought up 2 issues ... Identity and Land.

Without land ... well then one has nothing to LIVE OFF OF.

And without land ownership ... then one is a nobody,... because you can't be sovereign without possessing sovereign state. AKA YOU NEED TO OWN LAND.

Personal Disclosure: I will gladly give you all you need ... (let's say 9 hectares of land and all the materials and skills required so that you can live 100% off of that land and never bother anybody ever again) ... & how about you give me all the authority I need to make such things happen ok.

edit on 30-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

ATS has AIDs

I don't know how else to explain it. ATS used to be of the people, for the people, now they just join in to bash and judge and feel superior... just like the MSM they love to hate.

ATS has a disease.... for sure
edit on 30-10-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Interesting...this explains a lot to me. I could not figure why the banks are letting homes in our neighborhood rot, when they could have received lower payments instead of removing the owners. So really this about bank...insurance fraud. They have insurance YOU pay for that pays the bank off full cost if you lose your home. So they don't even care about the house sitting and rotting.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Now that's about the first unemotional legitimate observation I've read on this topic thus far.

Good point and a valid analysis.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Mrgone

Interesting...this explains a lot to me. I could not figure why the banks are letting homes in our neighborhood rot, when they could have received lower payments instead of removing the owners. So really this about bank...insurance fraud. They have insurance YOU pay for that pays the bank off full cost if you lose your home. So they don't even care about the house sitting and rotting.

Well, that's not entirely correct. If a person has less than 20% equity in their home, they have to pay something called "PMI" (Private Mortgage Insurance,) which covers the gap. It doesn't mean that the lender is made whole, it just pays the difference between the actual downpayment someone made and the 20%.

Depending on the circumstances, it is unlikely that the lender is allowing the houses in your neighbourhood to "rot", as they represent assets that the bank eventually needs to sell. There are two circumstances under which a bank will shutter a home and take it off the market -- either real estate values are significantly off their highs, or the market is rebounding. The reason for that is this -- let's say that a lender has possession of a home that was valued at $250,000 but the current market value is $125,000. On their books, it is an asset worth $250,000 so if they sold it at the current market value, they would take a $125,000 loss (less whatever they managed to get out of the PMI and what they originally received from the borrower.)

So, depending on their financial position, it pays for them to hold onto the property, even indefinitely, as the interest that they are losing on the $250,000 doesn't add up to $125,000 for a long time. On the flip side, if the current market value of the house is, say, $200,000 and values are increasing, it pays for them to hang onto the house until it can be sold for the outstanding loan balance.

In addition, rules associated with foreclosure often limit the banker's ability to sell the property for some period of time -- around here, unless they can get the borrower to sign off on it, the period is one year from the time the property is foreclosed on before it can be sold.

Either way, they have almost certainly taken the steps required to maintain the property in a salable condition.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

"Either way, they have almost certainly taken the steps required to maintain the property in a salable condition."

No they have not, the homes sitting empty and are rotting, I am not exaggerating...and if you look at pictures of many thousands of repossessed homes all over the country they are rotting also!

And to put it into perspective, we have paid their bank mortgage insurance on top of our own homeowners insurance for 10 years now.

they required the insurance because they said we was a few hundred dollars short of the loan down payment to loan ratio.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"Either way, they have almost certainly taken the steps required to maintain the property in a salable condition."

No they have not, the homes sitting empty and are rotting, I am not exaggerating...and if you look at pictures of many thousands of repossessed homes all over the country they are rotting also!

"Rotting" implies that they are not winterized, not inspected, not sealed against insect and rodent infestation -- basically, open the doors and windows and let it go back to nature. As they are assets on some corporation's books, I find that highly unlikely, but if that is the case, file a complaint with your city and they'll condemn the property. If it is left to "rot", it is bringing down your own property values, so light a fire under someone at City Hall and get it resolved.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rarely do I find myself agreeing with the Wrabbit, but that about sums it up. I certainly sympathize with those who, due to issues outside of their control, lose their home to foreclosure. I do not have sympathy for those that blame it on the bank or any other evil outside forces working against them. That is simply bullspit.

My wife was recently laid off. Luckily, we have do not have an adjustable rate mortgage, and only bought half the house we were approved for back in 2006. Could we have bought a $250,000 home? Yep. Instead we bought a $125,000 home as that is what made sense. We don't have to worry about our payments ever increasing from what they are now. We made those wise decisions. Many people just went for the biggest house they could get at the cheapest mortgage payments offered, without thinking about the long term effects. Even then, if they lost the home, that really, really sucks. But if they choose to lay the blame on the bank? Well, that's when my sympathy disappears. Personal responsibility. Nothing in life is guaranteed and the mortgage was a promissory note to repay. When the times comes that one can't or won't fulfill that obligation, the bank takes back it's property. Let's be clear, it isn't yours until you pay it off! I promise you, if the time ever comes that I lose my home to foreclosure, I'll damn sure be a man about it.

This is just about an exact ditto of my situation. When we bought our house in late 2001/early 2002, we bought a fairly small house because that was what we could afford. We did not sign an ARM because even without reading the "small print", we had enough brain cells to understand that "adjustible" means that the cost will go up eventually. My wife was laid off almost literally before the ink was dry on our mortgage paperwork. Our original plan was to buy a small house that we could afford, live in it for a few years, and then sell it and get a bigger house after we had paid off some of our other bills. That plan has of course been changed due to the layoff my wife went through, so we are still living in the same small house and our house payment is roughly the same - since we did not sign the ARM. I would certainly love a bigger house and I could still easily get an idiotic ARM to get one, but I still have this little thing called personal responsibility that prevents me from purchasing everything I want now and not being able to pay the bill later...which I guess makes me a stupid old man from the responses in this thread.

Oh and since I don't really like facebook because it bores me I guess that makes me "afraid" of it.
And since I think it's dumb to take a thousand pictures of yourself and post them daily, that means I "hate" people - even though I don't hate anyone.

I swear, the entitlement mentality of modern Americans and the complete lack of personal responsibility just completely baffles me. Why does the country owe you anything? Eventually those of us who are responsible will just give up and sign up for our free handouts - and then who pays the bill?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

"Rotting" implies that they are not winterized, not inspected, not sealed against insect and rodent infestation -- basically, open the doors and windows and let it go back to nature. As they are assets on some corporation's books, I find that highly unlikely, but if that is the case, file a complaint with your city and they'll condemn the property. If it is left to "rot", it is bringing down your own property values, so light a fire under someone at City Hall and get it resolved.

We are not just talking my neighborhood. Sounds like you are a bank loan officer.
Where are you hiding that you see none of it.

Across America the situation empty foreclosed homes has become a massive problem for state governors and the financial owners of these properties. Many will have to be pulled down after years of neglect, in fact whole streets can be seen in cities such as Detroit where once bustling family friendly areas, have now

articlechase.com...

Across America, bank-owned, blighted houses sit untouched, sometimes for years, disfiguring what in many cases are already troubled neighborhoods.

www.reuters.com...

banks will take foreclosures up to the stage of actually taking title from the owner, and let it sit in limbo for a protracted period.

The vacant properties are an eyesore. Take for instance, the million-dollar spacious home near Windermere. Grass cut from the lawns is lying on a tractor nearby, the sprinklers do not have the necessary attachments and the palm trees are partially dug up. Inside, the condition is even worse. The kitchen cabinets, appliances, granite table tops are missing. Even the bath tub in the toilet has been taken off. It is not the vandals who are to be blamed. The owners had asked the contractor to take off the precious fittings before the bank could take it over.

news.firedoglake.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join