It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 100 LAPD in Riot Gear assault Fort Hernandez. They are holding them off.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

BREAKING: 100 LAPD in Riot Gear assault Fort Hernandez. They are holding them off.

www.facebook.com

100 LAPD assault Fort Hernandez...we are standing them off...one arrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is incredible. I just did a search on Fort Hernandez and didn't find squat on ATS. That is crazy! For those who don't know or havn't heard of Fort Hernandez because of the media blackout, check out their facebook page or click here for a detailed history. I cannot find any current news articles as this 'raid' is going down now! Received an update via occupy portland.

Check out the video feed by shadowmedia here

www.facebook.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
And for those of us not on Facebook who don't want to click a Facebook link?

A clue maybe?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

So.........they have enough time to update their status even though they are in a siege? I guess we can use the words of our Secretary of State when I say, social media is not a reliable source.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't trust facebook enough to click any of their links. Are there no other sources? Not even infowars? Drudge? RT or People's News Daily? Al Jazeera? Nothing? Sounds like a hoax.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i have a fb so ill give a limited update. seems that one arrest was made and they didnt say what for and a wall was destroyed dont know to much about this situation so if any one has any other links id be much obliged.any one know why the raid happend and what this fort thing is all about?

www.youtube.com... video on it didnt watch it but it might be informative

www.neontommy.com... no idea about credibility of this site but

Fort Hernandez reported that they were visited at five a.m. by about 40 police officers, who removed the couches, fence and signs from the facade of their front yard. With the help of Occupy L.A. protesters, the Hernandez family in Van Nuys have warded off eviction for 40 days after Bank of America foreclosed on them. Read Neon Tommy's full profile story on Fort Hernandez here.
so it seems its kind of a comunity place for those who were forclosed on

sundial.csun.edu...
edit on 29-10-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by ubeenhad

So.........they have enough time to update their status even though they are in a siege? I guess we can use the words of our Secretary of State when I say, social media is not a reliable source.

Then you are saying the people are not reliable. But media is?

Social Media is the only true form of journalism anymore. Plus, what else is there to do if they really are besieged? Seems like a perfect time to get some internet time in. Got no were else to be.

EDIT: If you want more info about Fort Hernandez then here
sundial.csun.edu...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Directly from their facebook description :

Peace to you, if you are willing to fight for it.

Call to Action from La Familia Hernandez

We have elected to use our protected rights of freedom of speech to protest the fraudulent banking processes that led to our home being illegally foreclosed upon. Even with limited options, we refused to submit to something we knew was morally wrong and began to organize our family, friends and anyone willing and able to help.

Our family started to find ways to educate our community; not just about our unjust situation but the larger systems playing into it and a barricade was built in front of our home as an artistic display of resistance. Our battle with the bank however extends past just these 50 days to five years ago when the bank adjusted our monthly payment rates from 3,900 to 4,500. Even with various members of our family contributing to the payments, the dramatic and sudden increase made it impossible to add into our budgets. When we called to ask for assistance, we were informed by Bank of America that the only people that were receiving assistance with their loans were homeowners who were behind on payments. We were painted into a corner where if we sought assistance- our only option was to allow ourselves to purposely fall behind on payments.

During our five years of negotiations, we applied for four modifications and had all of them denied based on reasons that we knew were illegitimate. Also within the last five years, we have seen the bank implement specific practices to gain ammunition to slander our name and delegitimize our ownership of our home. For example; during this 5year period of negotiations, every time our family wanted to make payments towards the loan, the bank refused to take them. The bank later used this lack of payments to justify the auction of our home from underneath us. While not taking payment may seem very strange, we later learned that this is a very common practice that many banks use during foreclosure processes. We also learned that there have been various fraudulent affidavits associated with the rejection of our loan modification paperwork. To put it bluntly, the bank wants us to lose our home because the profit they stand to make from collecting the insurance they leveraged against us is more than the payments we would be making. Again- both of these are common practices that banks even now are continuing to use with countless families across our country. After our latest modification request was denied; the eviction notice was immediate despite the fact that our family submitted a QWR (Qualified Written Request) for proof of a written title that is still being investigated.

No family should ever have to lose their home because of the immoral and dishonest bank practices that our government continues to allow. This action has always been about educating each other. About empowering each other to stand up and knowing that we will have a community to stand with us. Despite what you think or how you have been told to feel- you can do something. We are peaceful, we are non-violent but we refuse to go down quietly. It is becoming increasingly necessary to build a culture of resistance. An organized community is a force to be reckoned with and that is why our family is being criminalized. This is the first home that our family has been able to own. Like many others, our parents came here as immigrants from Mexico, for the opportunity for advancement, stability, honest work and greater accessibility to education for us, their children. With our parents only being able to get minimum wage jobs, renting was the only option for housing that our family had. The rent we paid was often too much for what we had and despite how long we had been living in a place, it never really felt like ours. Our family worked hard for what we had and we were patient to get the things we felt were important. When we were finally able to afford to buy our own home, we saw it as the culmination of the decades of rent we had been contributing to other property owners.

The media, the banks, and the corrupt politicians want the public to judge us and forget that our story is not an uncommon story. Stand with us today, and the millions of families that continue to be affected by this crisis, so that we can stand with you tomorrow.

Please come and see for yourself that first and foremost we are a family trying to keep our home. Speak to our elders and understand our history. See our children and think about how this situation will affect them most of all even though they have little power to change or really understand the circumstances. How are we suppose to explain to our children that our government is allowing a bank to take away a place they have always known as their own, because of predatory lending practices that many in office helped t

link   
Whats going on again,,, lame.....

link   
So, some people of the hipster generation on sofas got raided?

Who are they? Why should I care again?

link   
Videos from the event here: www.ustream.tv...

Blog from the group, off Facebook here: forthernandez.blogspot.com...

From all appearances the "100 LAPD in Riot Gear assault" seems excessively overblown. The latest video just shows a bunch of people milling about and not a police officer in sight.

link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thank you kindly, I'm reading that now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ya, could be a publicity stunt, tho I did find supporting evidence that 40 riot police raided them on the 4th of this month.

Why the big MSM blackout?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
While I certainly realize the banks have been pretty awful, why should people get free housing justbe Usethey can't pay? I'm amazed the neighbors are supportive with14 people living in the house and couches and signs littering the lawn. I wish these people the best of luck but Id have to know more to feel like the bank actively screwed them.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The house would sit there empty.
The banks who put us here in the first place, would wait to sell it at foreclosure price. Why not leave the family there?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

hellaoccupyoakland.org...

This link was just working and now is not. Second news source to go offline in 5 minutes.

OK, the latest update... The wall [barricade] is gone but #FortHernandez is thriving. Come on down and show support. (Maybe help rebuild the wall?) View Post · 16 minutes ago

I think this means the cops showed up to remove a wall they had built to keep the constable and the police out, and one was arrested in the process.

I don't think the LAPD are that stupid. If they fully raided the house and there was confrontation and any civilians got hurt, like CS gas igniting the entire house and killing everyone inside(waco), they would be screwed.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

from what I read, they did try to make payments and the bank refused them, also something about after the rate went up they asked for assistance and the bank said they only offered assistance to people who were behind on payments.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
reply to post by adjensen

Ya, could be a publicity stunt, tho I did find supporting evidence that 40 riot police raided them on the 4th of this month.

Why the big MSM blackout?

Frankly, I would say it's because it's a minor local issue, of little national consequence. Houses get foreclosed on every day, people have some sort of protest going every day, so it's not really news.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Well if its true the bank wasn't accepting payment after they went into foreclosure, which I assume was due to legal reAsons, how did they wind up getting foreclosed on in the first place? I need to read this on the computer phone is being glitchy Internet wise.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fort Hernandez? LOL

The war on terror has been run way too long...people have adopted the MSM and political mindset that war is an everyday affair.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join