It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Do Not Appear At The skies of Middle East ? !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by FireballStorm

so, are ice crystals really that prevelant in the mid east?

i know desert areas get cold but...

or do they reflect of ice crystal high within the atmosphere?

it seems like if that were the case the light pollutiion would disperse before meeting the ice crystals in the atmosphere.

The ice crystals are actually between the observer and the light source, so quite close to the ground.

Columns of light apparently beaming directly upwards from unshielded (and wastefully polluting) lights are sometimes visible during very cold weather. Plate shaped ice crystals, normally only present in high clouds, float in the air close to the ground and their horizontal facets reflect light back downwards.

Source: Atmospheric Optics

judging by the photos you posted of false auroras it seems like they typically appear in cold climes where ice crystals would be common. not the desert.

Yes, they are probably quite a bit more common at higher latitudes, which is why most photographs of the phenomena are taken at high latitudes..

Granted there is not much moisture in the desert, but what little there is would freeze when the temperature drops below zero, and as you said ,temperatures can and do drop significantly in deserts.

If you watch the footage closely, you can see that there is a strong light source on the horizon, below each pillar, which is what you would expect if there were light pillars.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

it just seems to me that these false auroras would have a very hard time forming in the iraqi desert.

but whuddoiknow.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The OP's claim could be something like these crystals but you cannot convince me the Norwegian spiral is a ballistic missile or ice crystals, whatever it is

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

i second this reply 100%
i mean if missiles made spirals everytime one was launched, i like to think we would be used to that by now, like sonic booms or something, sure they seem wierd at first but after a while the become normal, we have been testing ballistic missiles for decades yet now they all of a sudden want to go spiral crazy and look like a wormhole. its a thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Iran , Iraq, Turkey, (big one there) Israel, Jordan, Palestine and just about everywhere...and they have their hoaxers too.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Why? If it's cold enough, and if there is moisture in the air, you have all the necessary factors in place for false auroras.

I'm no expert in desert climate, but a little bit of searching shows that in New Mexico, during January temperatures can fall to to as low as -14 degrees C.

In Iraq temperatures sometimes fall below freezing and have fallen as low as -14.4° C at Ar Rutbah in the western desert.

What is more likely, an unidentified craft of some sort that conveniently happens to have all the characteristics of a false aurora, sitting just above a light source, and not doing anything "UFO like" (zipping around and doing impossible turns, etc), or a well understood (albeit uncommon for the location) phenomena that crucially is documented and "known to exist", which is something that can not be said for the former?

edit on 29-10-2012 by FireballStorm because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

it's not the temperature that causes my disagreement its the amount of moisture in the air.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

There is always moisture in the air, even in a desert.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

obviously.

but enough to form ice crystals?

i just seriously doubt that false auroras form in the iraqi desert, when every single picture i have seen of them is in a cold climate.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Excuse me you are looking a little silly here, the Norway spiral has been proven to be a failed Russian icbm launch if you took your time and did a search here on this very web site you would realise that. When i first saw the Norway pictures i was blown away but i had never seen a picture of a failed missile launch before.
The whole of the middle east is a war zone right now there must be missiles flying around left right and centre.
edit on 29-10-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Interesting thread! There is one question is the middle east a catalyst? I mean of global change?? I think they have a part to play in everything, anything intresting always appears out of there! BTW Loved the contributions of other members, FireballStorm your pictures are amazing hoping to see that myself in person one day.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Rightwing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

thats the OFFICIAL story at any rate. but here at ATS we look beyond the OFFICIAL story, even if you think us (me) crazy, diluted, gullible, what have you.

but whuddoiknow.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

obviously.

I don't see why not. The type of ice crystals that are associated with these types of phenomena are typically tiny.

i just seriously doubt that false auroras form in the iraqi desert, when every single picture i have seen of them is in a cold climate.

There may be a very good reason for that. The footage that was posted was taken using an image intensifier, so there is a good chance that what we are seeing was very dim, and possibly invisible to the naked eye.

This could well be because there are relatively few ice crystals in the air, which is what you'd expect if the was not much moisture in the air to begin with.

So bearing that in mind, what are the chances that we would have photographs of a phenomena that people could not usually see? Low I'd say.

Also, the majority of the population in this region (which I imagine would be quite sparsely populated anyway) are probably no where near as well off as the population living at high latitudes, so a camera is probably a luxury and a rarity.

At least in my experience as a photographer who is interested in all kinds of atmospheric phenomena, I see very few photographs from that region (compared to places like Finland, Norway, and Alaska) for whatever reason.

The one notable exception in my experience is Israel, which is not surprising since it has a populace that are relatively well off, but even in Israel's case, I come across very few photographs compared to other parts of the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They do, from past threads and videos. But, there are bases in the middle east and some particular nasty beings. I was told the real reason the military is in the middle east were the digs, the drugs and oil are secondary. They don't want people to know there are snakes loose in the fields around them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
UFOs are constantly surveying our skies...........we just cannot see them due to their generation of high energy from the craft which would register them out of visible light, into the higher frequency wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Look at the NASA videos.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Does the time of the Israeli sighting coincide with this announced event?

"10:28 p.m. on Wednesday" Moscow time is GMT + 4, so convert that to Israeli time.

Test launch of Russia's new ICBM successful
MOSCOW. Oct 25 0705 GMT (Interfax-AVN) - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) successfully test launched a prototype of the country's new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a mobile launch pad at the Kapustin Yar site in the Astrakhan region at 10:28 p.m. on Wednesday, RVSN spokesman Col. Vadim Koval said.
"The exercise warhead of the missile accurately hit the simulated target at the Sary-Sagan range in Kazakhstan. The tasks facing the test launch were accomplished," Koval said. "This test launch was intended to provide experimental data needed to confirm the accuracy of R&D and technological decisions made by the ICBM developers, check the efficiency of its systems and units, determine their technical characteristics, as well as test the elements of the missile's combat equipment," he said.
"This missile has been designed making the most of existing new developments and technological solutions received during the development of fifth-generation missile systems," the spokesman said.
"These new ICBMs are expected to boost the combat potential of RVSN's assault group, including with the help of their better ability to overpower missile defense shields being created today," Koval said.
The first test launch of Russia's new ground-based strategic missile ended in failure on September 27, 2011. A rocket industry source told Interfax-AVN then that "the launch, conducted as part of the program of missile system trials, encountered a malfunction during the operations of the first stage of the missile," which fell to the ground some ten kilometers from the launch site.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Is there any account in the press that describes how HIGH in the sky the UFO was cruising?

It's enough to measure elevation in degrees, using your fist at arm's length. Each 'fist' width is ten degrees.

So how high? Two fists? Four fists?

If nobody described it, contact them directly and ask them to remember. Go outside and face the sky in that direction and do the fist count.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

obviously.

What do you think the temperature is at about 10km altitude in the the skies above Iraq?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Imtor

i second this reply 100%
i mean if missiles made spirals everytime one was launched, i like to think we would be used to that by now, like sonic booms or something, sure they seem wierd at first but after a while the become normal, we have been testing ballistic missiles for decades yet now they all of a sudden want to go spiral crazy and look like a wormhole. its a thing.

How about reading up on the incident and finding out why it made that spiral instead of making statements out of ignorance, no offense intended its just that the Norway spiral was done to death on ATS a while ago and a simple 2min search either on ATS or through google would give you enough relevant info on the failed rocket launch.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

What do you think the temperature is at about 10km altitude in the the skies above Iraq?

probably about 270 kelvin (-3 celcius or ~30 ferenheit)

though what i gathered from the source provided by fireballstorm, these false auroras are witnessed at low altitudes as the photons from the light pollution would disperse drastically at higher altitudes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join