It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Do Not Appear At The skies of Middle East ? !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A strange cone shaped blue spiraling light was witnessed by hundreds of people across the Middle East on Thursday, leaving many unanswered questions. Although the Russians have claimed it was a successful balistic missile test, many are saying the object remains a mystery.

"Hundreds of Israelis called the Israel Police hotline on Thursday reporting they had seen an unidentified flying object glowing in the sky, leaving behind it a stream of smoke. The police's northern district said it was looking into the incident together with the Israeli Defense Forces but at this point they do not know what to make of it.

Israelis from across Israel – from Kiryat Malachi, Ashdod, Jerusalem, Givatayim, Petach Tikva and the Dead Sea – reported seeing the object in the evening sky. The object was also seen outside Israel; in Lebanon, the news website Naharnet reported it that people across the country had also seen the object. Similar reports have also been reported as far north as the Syria-Turkey border.

According to Lebanese sources, the unidentified flying object was a meteor, though this is rejected by Yigal Pat-El, chairman of the Israeli Astronomical Association and director of the Givatayim Observatory. But Guys they said that was at the end a Missile tested by russia ... so can any one answer my qestion please

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wasn't this just a thread a few days ago?

anyway, I liked what one post had said in that one, that simply the governments there where not technologicly advanced enough to have "ufo's" seen...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arabiantheorist

Last years Norwegian spiral sounds the same as what you have described and that was found to be a Russian missile launch

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This could be for a couple of reasons.

THe UFO's may have already studied the peoples and cultures of the middle east for a while and have no need to go back and look again. There may be nothing of interest to them over there too. Or they may just be afraid of all the military activity.

Or the UFOs might be there the whole time but get overlooked or confused with actual military aircraft, missiles, and air strikes etc... So it's possible that people do see UFOs and just write them off as military based phenomena.

Personally I would think UFOs would have them most interest on earth right now in the middle east since so much of humanity is going on over there.

And a final idea. THe UFOs that visit the middle east might have a different affiliation than the UFOs visiting say south america or north america and the aliens have divided up the areas on earth that are their "research" territories. Maybe the aliens that have claimed the middle east as theirs to keep bases and do research are just not that active right now, and other alien groups due to agreed upon rules are not allowed to go over there and do their thing, and have to stick with whatever it is they doing their own territories.

As for the spiral of light sighting. Sounds a lot like a missile launch to me. WHich would make sense since it is the middle east and everybody and their mother has a launchable missile in their living room or back yard. So seeing a missile going up makes a lot of sense to me. Probably a israeli satellite launch to spy on the iranians some more.
edit on 29-10-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They aren't seen there because I think the Middle Easterns are too busy keeping watch on ground level..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They are seen over the middle east.

They have been and are seen pretty much everywhere, at one point in time or another.

The Iranian incident in 1976 is one of the most interesting in Ufology.
The very best

This is debatable but convincing footage filmed more recently over Iraq.

They are seen everywhere

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are UFOs in the middle east. Use the search function.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

Because they don't run on fossil fuel

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
>>
Although the Russians have claimed it was a successful balistic missile test
>>

The thread should have stopped right there. I mean, here's your answer. I don't expect many people in the ME (or elsewhere) really knowing what a ballistic missile test would look like - so UFO reports are expected in such a case.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arabiantheorist

Op, what you described sounds like this

Which is not a missile launch obviously, that is only Russias way of covering up HAARP tests.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus

The Iranian incident in 1976 is one of the most interesting in Ufology.
The very best

Soapusmaximus, it certainly is a very freaky one.

Here's another incident from the Umm Alaish oilfields in Kuwait in 1978 and, like in the Tehran case, the U.S. Government documents make for some very interesting reading (even though the U.S. says it's had no interest in UFOs since 1969).

UFO Lands on Oilfield in Kuwait?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I Really Like Your ideas ... very logical and smart ,, and i guess your 90 % right !
i guess i have to search for ufo for myself in my middle east that i live in so that i can answer myself by myself ..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Not Bad video ,, I guess maybe the Ufo were checking out the military operations in iraq ,,, maybe ,,,

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In my opinion there are less UFO sightings in Middle East because states in the area (including Israel) are not rich enough to have top secret advanced aircraft projects.
Look at US modern UAVs - don't they look like UFO sightings from few decades ago? Look at B-2 and read about big triangle UFO sightings 40-50 years ago.
Again, this is clearly my opinion and i have no facts supporting it, but hiding military projects in day(or night)light by associating those with alien hype was planned from the start.
Speaking about Israel - about a decade plus ago new type of observation air baloon filmed at night above area close to air base created UFO hype.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
so by your standards we should just belive the first official story to hit the net?

Originally posted by flexy123
I don't expect many people in the ME (or elsewhere) really knowing what a ballistic missile test would look like -

really? i would think that in a war torn area such as the one in question they would be used to seeing ballistic missile tests or at least not be spooked enough to the point of calling the police on a mass scale by one. i mean certainly this is not the first time russia or any other country for that matter has tested a ballistic missile in the middle east.

but hey, whuudoiknow...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is debatable but convincing footage filmed more recently over Iraq.

Not convincing at all.

They look like false auroras otherwise known as light pillars, which are caused by lights on the ground shining upwards, and the light being reflected back downwards by ice crystals in the air.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5aeeecd2a5ef.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: click here

Source: blog.syracuse.com...

Source: www.arborsci.com...

Source: www.icstars.com...

Source: apod.nasa.gov...

Source: www.extremeinstability.com...

Source: indigofarm.blog106.fc2.com...

Here is another (rare) variation on the phenomena, that makes the pillars look truncated at the top.

Source: spaceweather.com

Many people have seen light pillars. They appear during winter when city lights shine upward into the icy air. Reflections from plate-shaped crystals spread the light into a vertical column: examples.

Truhin's pillars, however, are not the ordinary kind. Even two leading experts in atmospheric optics can't quite figure them out: "These pillars are mysterious," say Les Cowley and Marko Riikonen.

They are seen everywhere

Yes, people all over the world are very good at misidentifying both man-made and natural phenomena.
edit on 29-10-2012 by FireballStorm because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

i was not aware auroras could appear in the middle east...

i was under the impression that you had to be near the poles to witness an aurora.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Yes, you are right that it is too far south for true auroras.

They are not "auroras". They are false auroras, properly known as "light pillars".

Click here for an explanation.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

so, are ice crystals really that prevelant in the mid east?

i know desert areas get cold but...

or do they reflect of ice crystal high within the atmosphere?

it seems like if that were the case the light pollutiion would disperse before meeting the ice crystals in the atmosphere.

judging by the photos you posted of false auroras it seems like they typically appear in cold climes where ice crystals would be common. not the desert.

but whuddoiknow.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Actually UFOs do appear in the skies of the Middle East. Just a year (or two) there was a UFO seen in Israel from many different angles that everyone was talking about.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join