It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whom do you trust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Whom do you consider the straightest shooters past/present, pro/con/undecided on the question of UFOs? Here are some names that quickly come to mind, certainly not a comprehensive list:

Dr. James E. McDonald
Dr. Richard F. Haines
Richard M. Dolan
John Greenwald, Jr.
Captain Edward J. Ruppelt
Major Donald E. Keyhoe
Dr. J. Allen Hynek
Kevin D. Randle
Michael D. Swords
Stanton Friedman
David Rudiak
Leslie Kean
Jacques Vallee
James Fox

But whose opinion do you think carries the most weight? Whom do you think has been most honest with the public among these or others, not necessarily who has contributed the most?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Without a doubt Jacques Vallee is the guy I trust, on the UFO topic. He does not look for the easy answers and thinks outside the box. Very intelligent guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Interesting list with some great names included , and a couple of not so greats

Its a tough choice but I'd say the standout name for me would have to be Dr. Richard F. Haines , his scientific background and time at NASA give him the base to look at the subject in a rational and scientific manner ... I find him trustworthy .

A close second would be John Greenwald Jr for his efforts in the collection and archiving of many FOIA documents that have added to our knowledge of the phenomenon .... and for free

theblackvault

Great Interview with Dr Richard Haines

edit on 29-10-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I examine the evidence presented and draw my own conclusions.
I don't necessarily go by what anyone says just because they say it.

Follow the evidence, not the person. If a person tells me that evidence [a and b] means [x and y], I also want them to explain to me WHY that evidence means those things, and BACK UP that "why" with science.

That way, I can draw my own conclusions without needing to necessarily blindly believe anyone.

edit on 10/29/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I trust my big oak tree with that subject. It told me that it has not seen an alien craft yet either.

Just kidding but I don't give any of those people any more trust than anyone else that I know that has seen one. I know a few people who have seen a UFO and I can say they believe they saw a UFO. They were not alone at the time either, there were other witnesses. Both say that what they saw was nothing that they were aware the government of the time had the technology to do. Gathering from what they said, what we are allowed to know by the military today would still not explain what they saw. Maybe the government has had this technology, maybe something else has. I personally think they saw something but cannot say it is from outside of this world.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This list seems to be what I was looking for, although there are a few names missing:

NICAP's International Who's Who In Ufology

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Some good lists.

Kevin D. Randle isn't honest in my opinion from putting things together, he might have shed light on Roswell which I do appreciate but he comes up with very poor explanations for other areas in the field. His information on Roswell was probably a misdirection because all these diversions came about Don Schmitt then Don started working with Tom Carey who is the truthful researcher out of them all.

Jacques Vallee may be the most knowledge about real UFOs but he won't talk, he is on Bob Bigelow's board of scientists along with two astronauts who walked on the moon, this is a private board of scientists overlooking the National Institute of Discovery Science organization which does not share information with the public, but thanks to scientist Colm Kelleher and journalist George Knapp some of it was released.

A trustable researcher in my opinion not yet mentioned would be Grant Cameron.
edit on 23-3-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Timothy Good is a good read. As to trusting people, well we wont know who is telling the truth until the day of First Contact. I trust myself above all!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I trust some of what some on your list have to say (but none are 100% trustworthy yet, IMHO). A short list of a few others that have some intriguing thoughts to share:

Dr. Stephen Hawking
Carl Sagan (%)
Dr. Amir D. Aczel
Francis Crick
Dr. Seth Shostack
Nikola Tesla

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Okay, here's the first draft of hopefully a comprehensive alphabetical list. (W) indicates that the individual had a personal sighting.

Jan Aldrich
Walter Andrus
Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos
Donald Berliner
Ted Bloecher
Arthur Bray
Thomas Townsend Brown
Larry Bryant
Thomas Eddie Bullard
Grant Cameron (W)
Al Chop
Jerome Clark
Scott Corales
Colonel William T. Coleman (W)
Wendy Connors
Peter Davenport
Thomas Deuley
Richard M. Dolan
George Early
Don & Vicki Ecker
Frank Edwards
Russ Estes
Larry Fawcett
Dewey Fournet
Raymond Fowler
James Fox (W)
Leslie Friedman
Stanton T. Friedman
Colonel Robert J. Friend (head of Project Blue Book 1958-63)
Timothy Good
Stan Gordon
Barry Greenwood
John Greenwald, Jr.
Loren Gross
Dr. Richard F. Haines
David Michael Hall
Richard Hall
J. B. Hartranft
Robert Hastings
Gary Heseltine
Budd Hopkins
Dr. J. Allen Hynek
David Jacobs
Donald Johnson
Steven Kaeser
Dr. Michio Kaku
Leslie Kean
John Keel
Major Donald E. Keyhoe
Paul Kimball
George Knapp
Coral Lorenzen
James Lorenzen
Dr. John Edward Mack
Dr. Bruce Maccabee (W)
James McCampbell
Dr. James E. McDonald (W)
Dr. Edgar Mitchell
Ted R. Phillips
Nick Pope
Francis L. Ridge
Mark Rodeghier
Chris Rutowski
Kevin D. Randle
Peter Robbins
Dr. David Rudiak
Captain Edward J. Ruppelt
Deke Slayton (W)
Wilbert B. Smith
Leonard Stringfield
Peter Sturrock
Clas Svahn
Michael D. Swords
Governor Fyfe Symington [W)
Jacques Vallee
Joan Woodward
Kenny Young

edit on 24-3-2013 by xpoq47 because: additional comment

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Trust NO ONE!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust any of them until I see the evidence for myself. I'm not talking about an obviously cgi'd video on youtube, or even a disk shaped ship in the sky. Who's to say the military already hasn't created a ship like that and is trying to fool people into believing aliens are real, when in fact, they are not?

Until I see hard evidence, such as an alien being coming to my door and saying hello in Alienese, I refuse to believe anything that these people have to say. Trust your inner self and trust God.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Quyll because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Outrageo:

This is absolutely amazing.

Thank you for sharing this.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Quyll because: typo

new topics

top topics

join