It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America Need STABILITY or CHANGE, Question Inside Thread + Debate & Defend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've come across a interesting article online with a few win points it self.

Presidential candidate Mitt Romney suddenly last week co-opted the mantra "agent of change" that Barack Obama proudly used to carry him to the presidency four years ago and that he had sustained into this election cycle. "We recognize this is a year with a big choice, and the American people want to see big changes," Romney said during a speech in Ames, Iowa. "Together we can bring real change to this country." What both the Romney and Obama campaigns have missed and continue to ignore is that Americans want stability in their lives, in their politics and in the world. It's not change they want to vote for, it's stability. They want to vote for the candidate who promises to develop and support an economic framework that recognizes the realities they confront in their day-to-day lives while promising more stability and less disruption in the future.

Source

~ Question of the Day ~

=======================
Question 1 - To Fix America Does it need Stability or Bold Changes?
Answer -
=======================
Question 2 - Decide Now in front of all ATS Viewers, Barrack Obama or Mitt Romney for President for the up coming election ?
Answer - ?
=======================
Share your reasons why -

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
=======================
Answer - Mixture of Both ingredients but more so Bold Changes
=======================
Question 2 - Decide Now in front of all ATS Viewers, Barrack Obama or Mitt Romney for President for the up coming election ?
Answer - Mitt Romney
=======================
Share your reasons why - He knows how Business works, He has shown to be a family man as well, he has got my vote.
edit on 29-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
I've come across a interesting article online with a few win points it self.

Presidential candidate Mitt Romney suddenly last week co-opted the mantra "agent of change" that Barack Obama proudly used to carry him to the presidency four years ago and that he had sustained into this election cycle. "We recognize this is a year with a big choice, and the American people want to see big changes," Romney said during a speech in Ames, Iowa. "Together we can bring real change to this country." What both the Romney and Obama campaigns have missed and continue to ignore is that Americans want stability in their lives, in their politics and in the world. It's not change they want to vote for, it's stability. They want to vote for the candidate who promises to develop and support an economic framework that recognizes the realities they confront in their day-to-day lives while promising more stability and less disruption in the future.

Source

~ Question of the Day ~

=======================
Answer -
=======================
Answer - ?
=======================
Share your reasons why -

Question # 1 : The answer is neither, the United States does not need change, nor does it need stability. It Needs a complete reset.

Question # 2 : Again the answer is neither. Why american voters always vote themselves into a ditch is beyond me. Our choice is between two of the same people. They both agree, completely, on foreign policy. And as far as the economy is concerned, they are both interventionists, and both believe in economics as taught by John Maynard Keynes. As far as healthcare is concerned, the president based his healthcare system off of his opponents healthcare system.

The only real differences are on social issues, which don't matter in the slightest, as the president can not just "decree" that abortion is illegal. No president can override the supreme court. So I fail to see why voters get all up in a tissy about these stupid issues every year.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
=======================
Answer - Both. I'm not trying to be wishywashy with my answer either. Taking the current economic status, I think we need some big changes. However, these changes can't just come out of left field. They need to be well thought out changes that yield stability. I think in short term we need change in long term we need to be looking for stability.
=======================
Answer - Although my vote doesn't count, I will be voting for Mitt Romney.
=======================
Share your reasons why - I'm not a huge Romney fan, however, I have more faith in him than Obama. I have much more conservative viewpoints so my civil liberties beliefs line up much closer with Romney's. This is not what I am basing my vote on in this election though. Obama has had four years to make change. He has done very little of what he promised, minus Obamacare which I am against. I am realistic and did not expect him to fix everything in four years, but my family is actually worse off now then it was when he was elected. Romney may be in rich white man, but I feel as if he is much more business minded. I trust, and I use that word loosely, him to be able to full understand the ecomoney and better it much easier and faster than Obama.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I 100% Agree with what you say about everything!! It really is a total sham!!, We have these Media shows like Fox news who talk about the same thing everyday.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Answer - Mitt Romney

Share your reasons why - He knows how Business works, He has shown to be a family man as well, he has got my vote.

Your quote from this thread..
''Sounds like you have been brain washed by the Mitt Romney Campaign! Oh god bless your little soul.''

Damn the Mitt Romney Campaign works fast!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

ahahaha yah got me!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by SilentE

ahahaha yah got me!

I'm glad you have a sense of humour.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
=======================
Question 1: To Fix America Does it need Stability or Bold Changes?
Answer: I believe we need bold changes, especially towards our deficit. I advocate smaller government. We have a big problem with corporatism, and the Federal Reserve's QE3 is apalling.

=======================
Question 2: Decide Now in front of all ATS Viewers, Barack Obama or Mitt Romney for President for the up coming election?
Answer: Neither of them. They are, essentially, the same candidate. Both of campaign contributors include: Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan. More importantly, BOTH are for Big Government, Pro-Patriot Act, Pro-NDAA, Drone Wars, Kill List...

Not to mention the tactics at getting women to vote for them. That Lena Dunham video was just too much. Perpetuating stereotypes of women that women only care about their private parts. Tsk tsk.
=======================

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

=======================
Answer -

Isn't finding stability a "bold change"?

I mean, how much more unstable do you want us to be? We are like the steroid fueled, hot headed butthole that is always looking for a fight. And we are steered into this action by some greedy old fart.

The People have not ruled this nation in my lifetime. Only now the illusion of us making decisions is even being removed. We have been so dumbed down by media that we happily take our daily marching orders for political discourse from the daily talking points of the morons wearing ties on TV.

Yeah. We need MASSIVE change. The kind of change that will not happen in 1 lifetime. The kind of change that hurts like hell.

Or not. We can make a game out of seeing how far down this path of madness we can go while still walking straight. Eventually we will take a header into the bushes, though.

And it isn't rocket science. It is just self discipline mixed with common sense.

=======================
Answer - ?
=======================
Share your reasons why -

See my first response. You don't find change by digging through your own vomit.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
=======================
Answer - America needs sweeping change. We have lost sight of the ball and, due to rhetoric and misinformation we've become a cannibalistic culture. We eat our own, at the behest of the elite. That is to say that, even now, our citizens have been taught to demonize the weak and impoverished when the real problem facing us is unchecked greed.

In the nineties the movie "Wall Street" became iconic because of how shocking it was to have a major character say the words "Greed it good". Today? Not only is this view not shocking - it is so woven into our culture that even the lower middle class - people barely hanging on - will echo it. Frightened souls chasing that dangling carrot rather than realizing that it is not meant for them to catch and that they are killing themselves to plow someone elses fields.

The American dream has become both a lie and a blood sport.

=======================
Answer - My preference is neither, but given the choice that I've been given, I will vote for Obama as the lesser of two evils... barely. At least he isn't outwardly beholden to the predators in society - so he at least tries to appear to be a man of the people. Romney, on the other hand? Well his old job was gutting companies for profit. It's what he does. What do people think he's going to do for America - other than make the obscenely wealthy even more so.

This election cycle is lost. If we can get Ron Paul to finally step out of the picture maybe a true, legitimate, third option with teeth might emerge for 2016.
=====================

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
=======================
Answer - The country needs changes that will bring about stability
=======================
Answer - For the first time in my life a Democrat Obama for POTUS
=======================
Share your reasons why -

I am not so concerned about business credentials we have had businessmen before it didn’t work out. My idea of stability through change. No more short term fixes like reckless tax cuts it always catches up to us and is part of the reason things are so bad. I have serious doubts that the one proposed will have any positive affect and the math doesn’t add up for me. There are no details that have been offered. I simply do not trust something I can’t look over before signing.

I believe we need investment in renewable energy so far it there has been a 92% or 94% success from it which is better than any other investment I have heard of private or governmental. I believe energy independence on renewable energy will bring us a lasting stable economy and free us from certain foreign commitments that have been based on necessity. With the intent of the liquid metal battery we are quite possibly on the verge of that independence. Either way Obama has plans to have existing power plants increase efficiency by 20% which has been achievable for years with existing technology however it has more profitable for companies to simply build more plants. Those changes will require updating our already vulnerable power grid which will create more permanent jobs. Our infrastructure is crumbling and I only see one president tackling that issue.
gigaom.com...

Obama is focusing on technology and education where the only thing I have heard Romney in those issues is where he wanted to pull teachers rights to unionize or bargain. There is a lot I do not care for in Obamacare but issues like preexisting conditions and contraception for women directly affects people in my family. After looking over the statistics in the bill it shows it will lower costs overall across the board and actually save money.

Foreign affairs the stance Romney has taken I simply cannot agree with. I am not talking about when he was agreeing with Obama in the debate but where he named Russia as an enemy and said Iran should prepare for war. It has honestly made me wonder if Romney has mental issues like Bi Polar but that is my opinion.

I believe Obama is more for the average citizen but ever plan I have heard from Romney would immediately benefit those like himself. Besides me not knowing where Romney actually stands on issues because it changes so much.

The one major issue that prevents me from voting for Romney is a personal one having to do with military service. Romney twice received a religious deferment from serving during Vietnam while at the same time rallying for others to fight that war. I have never voted for anyone who shunned that duty and I voted for McCain despite the crazy Alaskan. Sorry I don’t like her I think she lost him that election. I could list about twenty more reasons but I think I said enough.

I only wish the RNC had made a better choice.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
America cannot have stability, because its economy is based on growth, rather than reaching an optimal point and staying there. Nor can it truely have change, because there is no real wish to have significant change amongst those who have the power to enact it.

Catch 22.

top topics

join