It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ship With 700 Tons of Gold Ore Goes Missing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Over such "little" gold, i doubt any serious conspiracy exists.

210 thousand, teach me to capsize a ship ^^ and scuba dive hehe.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
ok.. is it me or this story actually true.. ?

So, work with me a little here.. and no I'm not an expert on the subject, but, something just doesn't add up.. lets start with the 'facts' as we know them ..shall we ..

A vessel with a nine-person crew and 700 tons of gold ore onboard has gone missing in stormy seas off Russia's Pacific Coast

1) the article doesn't state specifically 'GOLD' but 'Gold Ore' .. now.. call me crazy but, if I were a company that had this much 'gold ore' would there NOT be a hefty security escourt with this ??!

The company said it has shipped ore via that route before, and there was nothing unusual in shipping it by the sea.

2) with this amount of ore 'just missing' and no weather reports cited.......why would the continue to use the SAME shipping route?? !
yes.. there are pirates and spy and both are in bed with each other..

seriously .. what did they expect~!

the article is SUPER vage on details .. for obvious reason .. but why even report it missing ?? perhaps to kill the contract with said company to garner a better one ??

are we seeing corporate/company espionage here to gain someone else's favor..

the CT are endless..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

I think the OP is attempting to make a link about the gold digging... sorry gold minded aliens that are idiots enough to rely in Earthlings for their precious metals (even if they are intelligent enough to use salves).

In that fictitious reality the aliens must be really stupid, using 1% of the effort and time they would probably have gotten some type of nano Von Neumann Machines (self-replicators) and would have all the world in the galaxy already delivered at their doorstep (well... depending on how fast they can travel), but at least would be sufficient not to rely on us for the gold.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
700 tons of ore only yields about 140 ounces of gold so, although not to be sniffed at, the loss isn't catastrophic.

That's a blunt statement...where did you find this information out? Please cite your source. Thanks.

That's the same information I have, although that is for more marginal mines, the yields are all in the order of grammes per ton/tonne/US short ton.

As for the metal gold, it has mainly a scrap value. I don't think there is any big conspiracy surrounding gold, people buy it up for bullion when people want to sell it, it's as simple as that. Anyone can do it. Gold artifacts may have a residual value for a buyer for all sorts of obvious reasons, same as a Harley from the 30's.
According to the link, the ore was being moved for extraction of the metal elsewhere. There is a figure of $12 cost per ton of ore for extraction thrown about, I don't know if that is an average figure, or an actual charge.
edit on 29-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

if people were only buying bullion when others were selling the value would not continue to increase
people are selling because the value is high because there is a low ratio of supply to demand

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Iv read here on ATS and other sites on the internet that there is a theory of the "Annunaki" needing gold to sustain there atmosphere. Maybe there are unseen forces working behind the scenes accumulating our gold reserves for this reason??? seems very suss all the tones and tones of gold just up and vanishing yet know one know where to??

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
America helped Russia with hardware during WWII. After the war Russia sent an entire ship full of gold and silver to America to repay their debt. The ship was sent off to America. America said it never arrived.

So Russia had to grind its people down to get the resources to pay America again. Killing millions of their own getting it done.

Last year the ship was found under the Atlantic. She was empty. Appears it did port in America and was torpedoed after she left port empty.

Anyone think the Russians are thinking we got one of their gold shipments again??

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
A far out idea would be that someone not of this world is demanding gold. On the other hand gold prices are sky high like every other bubble in the last 20 years or so. It's demand and greed.

I think you could well be right. That's what is causing the demand.

The only reason I think it is made "valuable" is because someone (who paper money means nothing to) needs it to give to someone else...
edit on 30/10/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

1) the article doesn't state specifically 'GOLD' but 'Gold Ore' .. now.. call me crazy but, if I were a company that had this much 'gold ore' would there NOT be a hefty security escourt with this ??!

No.
Did you research the term 'ore'?
It's basically a ton of dirt and rock (mostly rock) with one shake from a salt shaker of gold mixed in.
It would take a lot of work and equipment to extract the gold from the ore. First you would have to crush the rock down to a powder. Then run the entire batch through a large sluice box. Then run what the sluice extracts through a concentrator.

It's a ton of work. Pardon the pun.

You should watch some of the gold shows on friday night on discovery network.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Sounds interesting but it's gold ore so I don't think that would be all that valuable. Maybe it was the russian mob, or pirates. Pirates are very real still. Or maybe it just sank in a storm right.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Shipping on the Russian Pacific coast would not pass safety tests in many other parts of the world. We do not know enough about this ship to comment accurately but i wouldn't be in the least surprised to find out it was something of a wreck. The ships used for this sort of job are serious workhorses used in very harsh conditions. If they also happen to be falling apart, they are accidents waiting to happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Articles on the web say it was named Amurskoe.

When I look for info on a ship named Amurskoe it comes up as a fish processing ship.

I think the web is spinning out of control on this one. Too many incorrect stories.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

700 tons of ore only yields about 140 ounces of gold so, although not to be sniffed at, the loss isn't catastrophic.

What!
You on a pharma regimen? Just say No. k?
1 ton equals 2000 pounds. 2000 pounds X 16 (ounces per pound)= 32,000 Ounces of gold.
32,000 X 700 = $22,400.000
edit on 30-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine

What!
You on a pharma regimen? Just say No. k?
1 ton equals 2000 pounds. 2000 pounds X 16 (ounces per pound)= 32,000 Ounces of gold.
700 tons X 2000 pounds= 1,400,000 pounds.
1,400,000 X (16 ounces per pound) = 22,400,000 Million Ounces of Gold
22,400,000 X 1713 (spot price per ounce of gold) = $ 38,371,200,000 BILLION
That's 38 Billion 371 Million 200, 000 dole-ars.

no

Wrong.

You failed to realize that the ship was carrying Gold Ore not Gold.

Typically 5 grams of gold is obtained per troy ton of gold ore. Please see my original calculations on page 1 and quoted below:

700 ton [short, US] = 22 400 000 ounce
1 ounce of gold = approx $USD 1,700.00

Typically 5 grams of gold is obtained per 1 Troy ton of gold order

3500 grams of gold which equates to approx. 123 ounces
So about USD$ 210, 000.00 worth of gold was lost, plus the ship, plus the crew.

I hope that clarifies.
edit on 30-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Haha, edited above.
You stinker, had to copy and paste me before I could edit.
Isn't there some kind of 1 to 2 minute grace period.
Been up aalll night.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

No worries buddy. Just wanted to clarify.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
America helped Russia with hardware during WWII. After the war Russia sent an entire ship full of gold and silver to America to repay their debt. The ship was sent off to America. America said it never arrived.

So Russia had to grind its people down to get the resources to pay America again. Killing millions of their own getting it done.

Last year the ship was found under the Atlantic. She was empty. Appears it did port in America and was torpedoed after she left port empty.

Anyone think the Russians are thinking we got one of their gold shipments again??

Hi there, What an interesting post, any proof/links of this? Had a quick google but haven't found anything yet.
I would have expected Russia being more than a bit miffed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here's more on the 'issue' and here .
GATA.org
Long topics though the links above should head one in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As others have pointed out, the ship was carrying gold ore that, when processed, would be worth around $210,000.

There are a lot more valuable 700 ton cargoes one could steal. Personally, I would rather have 700 tons of coffee as it would be worth $2,450,000 at the current spot price. Once roasted and ground it would be worth 7 times that, and it tastes good.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Keep in mind this is unrefined ore, not solid gold.... Just want to add in what I noticed leap out of the article before we go looking for the net worth of a nation with conspiracy. "A total of 165,000 tonnes of gold have been mined in human history" It would be really damning to have approximately1/180th of all the gold mined in human history on a ship with 9 people to just go missing, how ever this is not the case. I don't know how much gold is in this ore, what kind of gold ore it is, simply that it is ore, not solid gold.

upload.wikimedia.org...
"Relative sizes of an 860 kg block of gold ore, and the 30 g of gold that can be extracted from it."

So if a ton is 1000kg, using this rough comparison above, there is 800g-1kg of gold in all of those 900 tons of ore.
Again, this depends on the ore, and it's gold content.

Still seem like a mind bending conspiracy?
edit on 30-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. Again, if someone stole 900tons of ore, how are you going to process it? Where are you going to hide 900 tons of basically invaluable rock, until you can find some where to process it? How are you going to explain where you got it from? Prospecting/mining paperwork? Ah, and lastly if you have to take this ore to a facility to process it for you, you aren't going to get a whole lot left. There's a lot of work that goes into extracting gold, from gold ore. It's pretty pricey if you don't have a refinery set up for you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join