It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't watch this video and still vote for Obama. Time to wake up folks!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
What sort of reality do you people live in?

Dude, when you work it out, let me know. I could use a break from the real world.

If Obama or Romney get in... well, make your peace. It's all downhill from there - fast. Mark my words; humanity is doomed so long as we play the 'lesser of two evils' game. If you don't believe me, it doesn't matter. The writing's on the wall - it's not my fault if you can't read.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm not voting for either one.

Obama: among other reasons, signed the NDAA. Didn't go far enough to stop all forms of torture by my standards. Has been too beholden to the special interests he claims to wish to rid us of. War in various forms continues despite withdrawals. Data mining of citizens continues.

Romney: Endorsed by Cheney. Advisers include co-author of PATRIOT Act, members of PNAC, heads of Blackwater, and head of the NSA under GWB during the warrantless wiretapping fiasco. Has said he would sign the NDAA. Supports executive unitary theory and Bush doctrine. Stance on reproductive rights.

Neither has a workable solution for the so-called fiscal cliff or to return us to a surplus without social carnage in my view. I reject them both and abstain on principle.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Dear Mr. Inquisitive,

I think you need to eat your Wheaties this morning. You've woken up on the wrong side of the bed. But no matter...sticks and stones and all of that stuff. You don't bother me.

Don't watch the movie. No one cares if you do nor not. The introduction was actually very short. The movie basically showcases ex-Obama supporters and their concerns about the current president. It is very informative, but you don't seem the sort of purpose who makes informed decisions.

Why, exactly, did you post?

You didn't watch the movie and had nothing to add, except to be insulting and rude.

That's a relfection of you, my friend. Not me.

Now. Go eat your Wheaties.

Wow. That's your response to my post??? That says a lot more about you than about me.

Here is my full post, which you didn't include in your response what so ever:

"Thanks for yet another post with a video link with no short summary/explanation of what is in it. And thanks for all the unsubstantiated, anti-Obama hyperbole. You folks have ALMOST convinced me to vote for Romney. But no quite.

BTW, I did watch/listen to the first 100 seconds of this video and all it was, was a long-winded introduction by some internet nobody, so I turned it off. For you to recommend such time-wasting material without giving a summary is terribly bad form on your part. I could say more, but why bother."

First of, the intro was not short. As 1:40, there was no end in sight and it was only a 20 minute video, so the intro was 10% or more of it; that is not short, particularly for a video with no summary provided by the linker you it, i.e. YOU. I did have something to add; I was pointing out that you created a post using poor form, i.e. not providing a short summary of the video to give potential viewers a gist of what is on it, and if it is worth their efforts to view it. I was also commenting on what a waste of time it was to bother to view it, given the long, pointless, rambling introduction.

As for the content of the rest of video, from the intro and from what you say, it purportedly interviews former Obama supporters in swing states and why they aren't going to vote for him this time. Well, who knows who these people are. These are excerpts from some 60-min. video/movie hit piece entitled "Hopeless" (or something to that effect); I've heard about this video and know it to just be a propaganda piece.

For the record, I don't bother viewing pro-Obama propaganda videos either. I am not an Obama fan or supporter per se, but rather I am dealing with realpolitik and voting for the least of two evils, and calling shenanigans on all the hyperbolic anti-Obama rhetoric being spewed out by the Right, the GOP and the TeaParty. Frankly the nominee you cats have is SO BAD, that your only hope of his (Romney's) winning is to disparage his opponent, Obama. The US suffered through eight years of a terrible, rich scion of GOP politician, i.e. George W. Bush. The last thing we need to do is elect another one of these consummate losers who was born with a silver spoon in his pie hole.

And to your claim that I was being insulting and rude, I'll let the gentle readers decide for themselves; I've reposted by previous comments above. But your lame/dull barbs about eating Wheaties and getting up on the wrong side of the bed are not rhetorically compelling, let alone witty. But hey, use all the dull-witted ad-hominem attacks you want. They reflect badly on you -- not me -- champ.

As for whether or not anyone cares if I view this video or not, you're probably right -- with the exception of myself. But if you think that means that I have no right to comment on the video -- which I attempted to watch, but got bored to tears over, and was able to infer was just excerpts of a notorious, right-wing hit-piece video -- or to comment on your OP, which was decidedly in poor form because it didn't provide a brief summary of the video, you're terribly mistaken.

edit on 31-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I agree, that video was garbage.

Is Romney going to reverse all these passed defense bills in his first day in office?

Absolutely not. He will probably grant the military more power and start hassling other countries on day 1.

No offense; 9/11 killed the united states.
It has never functioned correctly as a nation, ever since. I don't think any President can fix the USA.

I think Clinton era has been the least stressful 8 years of my life. Most likely my parents as well (I'm not an American, but we did travel to the US often during that time).

Bush Jr. was a propaganda mouth piece. I'll never understand how Americans were so easily fooled into the war in Iraq. I will never understand how he was reelected, So much negativity after 9/11. Lying to our faces. Growing conspiracies online. Rights being taken away. Economic failures.

Obama has just been a more media friendly version of Bush. Appeals to another demographic, but just followed his foots steps and spent money to give the illusion of change.

Nothing changed. And I mean, the infrastructure did not change. The buildings are 10 years older. Nothing really being constructed. They seem to be taking more away from the internet than can be added.

I don't think cities hit by hurricanes or earthquakes are going to be repaired back to their life-styles of the 90's. New York, New Jersey and Orleans are going to less inhabited and not as clean. Things start to rot after the get wet, molds and fungi grow. If there isn't a major clean up of these areas, health risks are going to increase rapidly.

Where does this money come from? The big, ever growing debt pile. People paying out of their pockets, who work pay cheque to pay cheque and find themselves out of work for days.

That video made me more depressed about what America has become in 12 years, than whatever Obama did. The ship was already sinking, and the next captain is just going to toss as much treasure overboard as he can.

Romney and Obama both present bad solutions to US problems. People are just like "Which solution isn't as bad as the other?"
edit on 31-10-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is all complete bull#!

People still bitching about the economy.

It's despicable!

It takes time to fix the economy you retards!

The economy isn't back to it's former glory yet but it has gotten better since 2008.

I will see you jerkoffs at the polls and I will be voting for Obama!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
can you guys see now what theyre setting you up for?? whoever this hidden puppet is will bring in the new world order. these two are purposely saying stupid things cause its part of the agenda.. they just put all the paperwork in place for it. now hell i dont know jesus or some other reptilian demon will sit on the throne to play this garbage out cause the people will ask for it. btw ALL us president have been rh negative or of the reptilian bloodline hhmn. jesus also rh negative shroud of turin look it up dammit!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
When will people learn that whichever clown you vote for it doesn't make a shred of difference. If that's not obvious to you by now then you're never gonna wake up and smell the coffee. Those puppets don't run the show. Period.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

AUTONOMIC SELF-ABORTING, 'SENTIENT' UTERI

/conservative cerebral use

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by 3chainz

Hey, would you buy me a new dishwasher? Obama forgot.

You must really need a dishwasher.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So voting for Romney will improve things?

The Agenda marches on regardless of who wears the crown.

Things have gone too far for the US to vote it's way out of the impending calamity, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Barack Obama is not perfect, understandably, but the real issue is the fact that the majority republican HOR is not helping his cause in the least; and I would go as far as to say they're holding up progress passing justifiable federal legislation just to make him look bad.

Obama cannot and will not confirm these allegations for the simple fact that he needs to work with these clowns. And to accuse them of such foolishness and megalomaniacal behavior would spell the end of civil talks between POTUS and the HOR.

Barack Obama's ideas for growth are viewed by republicans as a total waste of time and money.

I'm willing to bet that if these same suggestions were to come from the mouth of a republican, then you'd see a republican HOR buckle-down as pass this legislation promptly. THIS IS POLITICS, FELLERS!!!!

Bill Maher said it best; "There's nothing wrong the entrée, the Republicans just don't like the waiter."

The stimulus was a total disaster not because it wasn't a good idea, but more that the states themselves were in charge of properly distributing the stimulus money in the form of state-run infrastructure management funding; which was to create jobs at the state level and inject money back into the economy keeping the cycle of earning / spending / taxing; ongoing.

Economics 101 says it should have worked.

Evidently, government at the state level is a prime display of mismanagement when stimulus money is used to pay preexisting debts as opposed to job creation.

An argument would be that perhaps Obama should have created a 'watch-dog' team through the senate ensuring that the money was being properly managed.

But this would have undoubtedly been viewed as micro-management or "over-regulation"; those oftentimes spoken republican catch phrases.

I implore Americans to pick their leader carefully and at the right time. Properly think this through.

A republican president and a republican HOR combined could spell disaster...and real quick too; considering everyone with real power to pass law and legislation would be on the same "team".

In fact, it would be the same "team" that got U.S in this seemingly unrecoverable mess.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Right ok. Can you show where Romney changing his mind has been 1. Due to new evidence. 2. Due to who his audience is. And how you've come to these conclusions. Thank you kindly.
reply to post by khimbar

:shk:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
To all of you that are saying don't vote or neither one should be elected, who did you vote for in the last election? I think that this is a movement to suppress the Romney vote therefore allowing Obama to get more votes. What doo you think?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
To all of you that are saying don't vote or neither one should be elected, who did you vote for in the last election? I think that this is a movement to suppress the Romney vote therefore allowing Obama to get more votes. What doo you think?

There are many parties to vote for, as well as independants. Why do you think romney of the republicans has to win, and not stewart alexander of the spusa or jill stein of the green party?

If you like mind games, I am sure you like my version as well. (notice I did not mention obama)

Is it because you are stuck in the duopoly and like to troll?

edit on 1/11/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It is time to wake up and quit having republican wanna-be presidents that have so much money that NO ONE can relate to them.

Yes, it is time to wake up !

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1

I didn't vote for anyone last time, either. Though, for the record, I'm not telling anyone else how to vote. Only stating how I am. I urge everyone to vote (or not vote) their conscience. Whatever that means for them.

If I wanted Obama to get more votes... I'd vote for him. I don't have an agenda other than expressing my own intentions and views. Peace.
edit on 11/1/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
reply to post by MRuss

I'm still voting for Obama.

Uninformed voters really don't do much to persuade me otherwise.

You say that as if you're informed. And you're still voting for him?

What a laugh.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Actually they are right...it is the right who highly uninformed...

All they do is just parrot lies spread by right wing sites.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by The Old American

Actually they are right...it is the right who highly uninformed...

All they do is just parrot lies spread by right wing sites.

You're correct, most right-wingers are uninformed, as are anyone that could possibly think that Romney or Obama really cares about this country.

Oh, you were assuming I'm a right-winger and trying to throw an insult in there. You failed miserably.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
trying to throw an insult in there. You failed miserably.

/TOA

Nutz..now what am I gonna do with the rest of my life...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join