"Ever feel like the universe is against you?" Just watched Cloud Atlas...

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This thread is full of spoilers. Fair warning.

So, basically the movie was about these people who, over the course of multiple lives, basically lived through the same things over and over, in different time periods. From escaping black slavery right before the american civil war to slavery of genetically engineered clones in an asian city in the NWO in a couple hundred years, to a post apocalyptic hellhole to being locked up in a nursing home against ones will in the now.

Of course, i sat through the movie trying not to blink, cause i understood none of this until the end.

I wonder though.....could there be some truth to it? Is that why we have deja vu? Transsexuals? Sci fi that predicts real technology? Have we done this before?

By the way...i do believe i have recalled a few hours of memories from previous lives.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Another science fiction film with a reincarnation/parallel life theme is 'The Fountain' with Hugh Jackman

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To answer your OP question, yes, and I can't remember who said it which is annoying but the upshot is 99.99999999999% of the universe would kill you. Instantly. Without a pause or thought. That's how the universe feels about you.

So, yeah it does want you dead.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What I took from the movie was that is was trying to illustrate the TRUTH of the matter which is we have a choice in our actions to reap what we sow...regardless of reincarnation this is the truth none the less.

Our actions or lack of actions today create the future we endure or thrive in tomorrow...this isn't scifi this is fact. The part that is scifi is the reincarnation part but I do have to ask....does it matter?

There were certain archetypes that were drivers in the movie such as the oppressor, the oppressed, the freedom fighter, and the greedy or "indirect oppressor"....

the interactions of these types is what drove the world in the direction it went...

anyway don't want to spoilany more....its an awesome movie and its pretty damn thought provoking if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Another science fiction film with a reincarnation/parallel life theme is 'The Fountain' with Hugh Jackman

www.imdb.com...

Sorry but I had to log in just for this because I love the Fountain, It is not about reincarnation, nowhere in the movie is anyone reincarnated. There are three different tales being told simultaneously, but only one was happening in real life. The tale from the "past" was really just the fictional story that the main characaters wife was writing the whole time, and the "futuristic" story was really just the main characters internal psyche playing out metaphorically. No reincarnation, the movie was about how death is not the end, hinting towards continuous concscioussness not reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
What I took from the movie was that is was trying to illustrate the TRUTH of the matter which is we have a choice in our actions to reap what we sow...regardless of reincarnation this is the truth none the less.

Our actions or lack of actions today create the future we endure or thrive in tomorrow...this isn't scifi this is fact. The part that is scifi is the reincarnation part but I do have to ask....does it matter?

There were certain archetypes that were drivers in the movie such as the oppressor, the oppressed, the freedom fighter, and the greedy or "indirect oppressor"....

the interactions of these types is what drove the world in the direction it went...

anyway don't want to spoilany more....its an awesome movie and its pretty damn thought provoking if you ask me.

I took from it that we shouldnt be sheeple. The asian slave clones seemed like the ultimate sheeple...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

All my lives don't seem to be different themes personally. I've been killed for someone that was family, I been royalty that would not give up my palace, holding steadfast ownership till I died, I was Atlantean at the end of that era, I was Egyptian but was not royalty but a priestess, I was a little girl killed before I could even experience life fully at the year Kennedy was assassinated. I haven't seen the same themes in my lifetimes, maybe because I learn my lessons right off?
ETA I was also told that I lived during the time of Jesus Christ but not sure what role and where I was as the psychic just said "OH"...and shut up real quickly....Maybe I was the thirteenth apostle which was supposedly Mary...well I really don't know because I personally have never recalled this lifetime, oh and i was an Native American Indian on the plains who was a warrior, even though I was a woman too in that lifetime.
edit on 29-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: ADD

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I have always liked the reincarnation interpretation better. The Fountain is my all time favourite film, absolutely love it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Been meaning to watch this for a while now. Looks incredible!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I haven't seen it, but from what I have heard is that it attempts to portray the notion that we have a sort of soul which exists outside of time and space, and that instead of reincarnation one after the other, it is more like one soul is having many life experiences at the same time.

Like right now, you are also many other people in other time periods, and there are parallels between this personage you identify with, and the others, because it is the same soul, with a specific pattern that you all share on very deep subconscious levels.

But I can't wait to see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I really enjoyed the movie. To me, it represented the connections that we make and how important they are, that they are essentially timeless.

I don't know if I believe in past lives, but there are those that believe the soul chooses their journey and situation each time they are reincarnated to eventually ascend after all life's lessons are learned. I wonder about this because some people just seem like "old souls", they seem to have an inner guide that helps them make the right decisions, while others just seem to flail through life without any resolution or happiness. Then there are those people you meet sometimes where an instant connection is made and you feel like you have known them for forever. That is always most puzzling.

Of course there a few individuals I have met where there is something about them that scares the hell out of me, and I don't want to be around them. Perhaps they were antagonists from a past life? I read somewhere that energy never dies, that it just transfers to some other place after death, so perhaps that is the soul?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I haven't seen it, but from what I have heard is that it attempts to portray the notion that we have a sort of soul which exists outside of time and space, and that instead of reincarnation one after the other, it is more like one soul is having many life experiences at the same time.

Like right now, you are also many other people in other time periods, and there are parallels between this personage you identify with, and the others, because it is the same soul, with a specific pattern that you all share on very deep subconscious levels.

But I can't wait to see it.

That's not what I got from it at all. The director just has an odd way of putting movies together to confuse us and make us watch it more than once and screw with our heads I think. It's made by the same people as the Matrix if you didn't know...

But, I'm not saying you're wrong either.

reply to post by artnut

I agree. But as far as I know, we are our soul. We don't have one, we are one. And I think the universe pretty much just sets us up for whatever. We can ascend to parinirvana apparently in any lifetime that we find the path that leads to parinirvana. Hmm my spell check says that's not a word. WTF.

edit on 29-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

That's not what I got from it at all. The director just has an odd way of putting movies together to confuse us and make us watch it more than once and screw with our heads I think. It's made by the same people as the Matrix if you didn't know...

But, I'm not saying you're wrong either.

Apparently that is coming from the writer of the book. I wanted to read the book a while ago, but heard that it is just really hard to follow because of that disjointed way it flits from one story to another. Sounds like they stayed true to that form in making the movie.

new topics
top topics

join