It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An observation about balding men.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
this is just an observation.

I have notcied that balding men, like to grow facial hair, even if it looks like whiskers.

I think it is because they have a general sense of potency loss. Looking like "more of man" is something they seek after since they see their hair loss as something that they cant control, but facial hair, a product of testosterone is something they CAN controll.

I say let yourselves off the hook. You are fine the way you are. So what if you have some extra pounds around your mid section and shirts dont fit unless they are baggy? Who cares, wear what is comfortable. So what if you only wear sweats around but dont work out? Have your own style and be proud of your sense of fashion.

You dont need extra facial hair to compensate for anything. You are fine the way you are. Leave yourself alone and be happy being you. Being bald is not a sign of losing your male potency. You are beautiful as you are.

clebrate your inadequacies and live life free of social burden!

edit on 29-10-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think facial hair suits a bald guy, I would probably do the same just for that reason. I don't know why, balances it out I guess...
edit on 29-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's natural for men to have beards. I think it is natures compensation more so than a social compensation. My hair is thinning (I'm only 27 so it's not too bad) and I am also now beginning to keep stubble on my face. I consider it a gift I give myself as I become wiser. I feel as a kid I knew very little about life so my face was bald and my head was fluffy, now I know a little bit more so my face is a little hairy and my head is lighter. When I am old I will be mostly bald with a longer beard reaching further toward my chest to show that my knowledge has moved from my brain into my heart.
Personal account of beards and thinning hair, you don't have to agree.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
more power to you!

I have a full beard growing now. I like the feeling of being able to grow it out when I please. It really is like a little gift.

I am starting to look like Jesus, lol.

I like it! and my wife does too which is nice.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm balding now.

But I've had a mustache and a shaved head since I was 14 years old. My mustache is glorious, and I'm sure my encroaching baldness is from shaving my head for 15 years. Actually that's my plan, eventually my hair will stop growing back and I won't have to shave it any more.

I think you are over generalizing.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Meh I think facial hair is so......... 70's

I believe a man with hair on his head (that's at least near 30) should be fairly short, groomed, neat, and clean.
Balding men the same, short neat and clean, what hair they do have.
Facial hair should only be sported if the one you're with wants it that way.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How often do you see men with hair with facial hair? Every damn day, for me atleast.

Its when thegray chest hair touches their chin that bothers me. That aint right

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I used to shave my head around that age. I stopped since my family had issues being seen in public with me. I also had a peculiar style to my dress code.

May your mustache be glorious, as it is. More power to you!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My hubby is balding, and I love him with a goatee. But he is the type to have a five o'clock shadow by noon.
Heck, I like most men with a goatee.
As long as it is kept neat an trim.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Facial hair should only be sported if the one you're with wants it that way.

Should that be the other way round? the one your with should want you to be who you are and not dictate your facial hair?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

I have observed that most bald men tend to grow facial hair, but not all of them. My husband has a full head of hair, a goatee and a mustache. My old dad is almost completely bald. He likes to tell people that his bald head is a solar panel for a sex machine.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I'm balding now.

But I've had a mustache and a shaved head since I was 14 years old. My mustache is glorious, and I'm sure my encroaching baldness is from shaving my head for 15 years. Actually that's my plan, eventually my hair will stop growing back and I won't have to shave it any more.

I think you are over generalizing.

I'm sorry but i love this response. I am sure you look great but all i can picture in my head now is Village People............

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Been keep my head shaved for well over 50 years now ... and no facial hair ... several reasons 1. long hair / facial hair can be used against you in a fight 2. easier to keep clean and more co.cortable in the climate here in s.e asia... 3. women like bald guys
... in later years continued to shave my head as over the years have spent time at various buddhist temples studying / meditating ... so not all of us have facial hair ....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

OP and others you do realise that baldness is a sign of mucho testerone. I'm bald and sure I had the goatee thing thing on for awhile. When I was younger it did bother me a bit until I realised it's just a solar panel for a sex machine

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
^^^^^^now I see this^^^^^^

I always thought that excessive testosterone caused the balding to start. It also promotes beard growth and growth of other body hair.

That means that balding, hairy guys are studs.
edit on 29-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Samsdice and Butcherguy:

You guys keep telling yourselves that!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wow. And all this time I thought my having a beard was causing my hairline to recede.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Side note relative to balding:

I found myself losing hair at a frighteningly quick pace when I was horribly out of shape and overweight. Now that I'm approaching ideal fitness my hair loss has slowed down to just a few follicles per shower.

There may be something to this. Perhaps being energetic and exercising a lot powers up the body to produce the hormones that keep the hair? Not sure but I will stick with my routine!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What a crock of s###,when you are bald completely bald you feel like you look like a babyface hence the facial hair,no feelings of lacking or weakness just personal preference

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How about this reason. High testosterone levels cause balding and high testosterone levels also cause facial hair to grow fast. Shave in the morning and whiskers a few hours later. Gets kinda old after a while so might as well grow a beard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join