It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in Pennsylvania?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Eastern Pa is going to get hit I think. I just heard that Catapillar York closed it's plant for tomorrow and my friends over there say that the winds are high and powerlines are going down already.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

It was only out for five days where we lived at the time. That was bad enough. There were places out in the backwoods that went months before all the repairs were done because they are so far out, and so hard to get to.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
powdered milk flour yeast baking soda jugs to fill water at their spring water machine (bearing in mind they have one and the dumb people of the area haven't figured that one out and oh jugs to collect rainwater...if worse comes to worse....hope you all have grills (charcoal) or at least fireplaces with stored wood. Buy the charcoal for the grills too. I can't remember what else if I remember anything else I'll post. Hope you guys stay in a strong building above sealevel.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

A Russian author, in the 80's, wrote a book about WEATHER WARS. He stated that in the future ,many countries would be attacking each other with weather weapons ,BUT THE PEOPLE WOULD NOT BE ALOWED TO KNOW,BECAUSE IT WOULD CREATE PANNIC.

Things that make you go huuuum.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
How large is the DC there in Pennsylvania? how many terminals are there? I’m just trying to get a scope of how large the facility is.

Having there DC down would suck. everything is scanned in and out. If the power goes out, your inbound and outbounds stop untill you can acount for the inventory coming in and out again.

Plus its going to take a few days after the storm to get the roads cleared so the rigs can get to the locations. But if your DC is out for the next week then no one is getting anything until next monday!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

My plant said it might be closed tomorrow and that if it is that I have to work on the weekends. So I'd rather have work.

It rained moderately for about 30 minutes, now there's nothing again.

Yes, winds are the only thing that have been constant since 11am.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm one of those "back woods" folk.

The weird thing is, during Irene, my neighbor at the end of my road had power and my next door neighbor did but not me. It took us 2 days longer.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have a grill. Charcoal. Wood for the fire. Candles. Numerous water jugs. We're always ready where I am.

Google Maps: Uniondale, PA. It's surrounded by woods. I'm pretty deep woods. Haha.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

There are 21 stations on just B dock (where I work).

I believe 6 or more in Perishables and Freezer cooler.

4 in the Sams club department.

So all in all, accounting for the ones I've missed. Around 35 stations.

Non-conveyables cannot get scanned obviously. Without power, the selectors can't see what to select. The freezer folks can't tell what to put in the coolers, and I (a loader) won't know what to put in the truck

It's all screwed up.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Re: power outages in PA, caused in two different places by some dude who fell asleep at the wheel.....Now, I'm not anywhere near there, but it seems to me that there's a crap-ton of very OLD nuclear power plants in the path of this storm. These are some of the oldest nuclear plants in the country, built in the 50s and early 60s. Many of them are in dire need of upgrades.

I'm thinking that they are having to power them ALL down as a safety precaution, but rather than tell people that, they're making up stories so people won't start thinking there's a potential Fukushima-type event that could occur.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You guys are relying on Walmart for your very survival? What kind of Americans are you? The only time Walmart is mentioned on ATS its only to say how they should all be burned so Mom & Pop can charge double for the same merchandise. Take some pride in yourselves and buy your supplies locally! Ah the irony.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I do think there's something weird going on.

There are about 6 stations that I can think about right now.

Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant is only 70 miles away. Believe it or not, on a cloudless day on i-85 you can see the smoke plumes from it.

But yes, I was told you have to be 100 miles away to live should one explode. :/ Damn.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm fascinated to know why people automatically run for milk, bread and eggs? I'd go straight for the canned soups, pastas and beer.

If you don't store water or at least a method of purifying water in your house ... you got issues.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There was a lot of that in Alabama last year. One side of the road was destroyed, but 100 feet away on the other side, the building was barely damaged. One guy that sold cars had his porch damaged, but not one car had any significant damage. They were mostly multivortex tornadoes, so the damage was completely random where they went through.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Hey man, I buy my food from the State Game Lands
Haha.

Not everyone is as fortunate as me. But for most items I walk down to my local general store; Cable's.

It's about 100 yards away from me.

I love rural areas. Everyone's so nice and everyone knows everyone. Everyone helps everyone and everyone is completely generous.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

My girlfriend, by best mate, and I were discussing it yesterday actually. What can you actually make with those 3 items? French Toast?

Milk, bread, and eggs are the items that go bad the fastest. I'd definitely pick up the same at the store man.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Weather is strange yet beautiful. I love being in a parking lot and seeing the rain come at you from the furthest end of the lot toward you, like a line.

It's beautiful.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Fear moggering yourself there buddy. what you failed to mention is. What you ship from that place and that bread milk and eggs almost always come from local area. Those are product that people want fresh and that stores want freash.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
Check out the coast in real time here

Looks pretty good so far in most places.. a little flooding in some areas, but is expected to get worse later today according to msm.
Stay safe

is that cam really real time?!! looks like a beautiful peaceful day!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mythots

While it is the case, that the freezer/cooler items come from local sources, it doesn't matter in this case.

Why?

Because all trucks with starting load numbers of 1 deliver to NJ and NY. Around 1/2 of the trailers for Friday and Thursday were 01's

Which means they've been sitting in the freezers of trailers in a parking lot for 4 days already. Plus, there's a 16 hour drive until the trailer is empty. So around 5 days worth of sitting.

Finally, 5 days worth of sitting in our parking lot means 5 days that they aren't in the stores when everyone needs them.

I'm not saying depend on Walmart for your goods, I'm just saying don't count on it.

I'm not fearmongering, I'm raising awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join