It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you vote for Obama or Romney you're an idiot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by meeee

You want "no ruler at all?" How does that work? It doesn't. Everyone just doing there own thing, huh? What you think is a utopia would actually be lawlessness, chaos, and ultimately, the overthrow of the country by someone with a ruler. Soon after that, you'd certainly be pining over the good old days, when you had a President you didn't like, but at least you were free and happy.

How do you know it doesn't work? It's never been tried.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hauster
reply to post by beezzer

Funny how you're quick to judge. So you're not voting for Romney (who has the best chance to beat Obama) but another candidate.

Okay. Your choice.

But to insult and slander others because they don't subscribe to the same beliefs paints you just as partisan as any other.
edit on 29-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How many Libertarians are on your ballot for local and state offices.
How many Libertarian candidates did you support locally?
How many Libertaian candidates did you seek out to support?
How many Libertarian candidates did you contribute to?
I would bet the answer is ZERO for most of those questions.

Ron Paul does not give a damn about you or the Libertarian Party. He won't even support his own party's candidate. Ron Paul is in this for Ron Paul. Ron Paul wants to see the world burn so he can say I told you so.
Ron Paul lost any respect I had for him and I want my contribution back.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Right now, we can "hope" Romney repairs the damage.

Right. Hope. Like we've been doing the past 10 years. See how far that's gotten us? Looks like we need a little more than "hope". And Romney is your idea of hope, eh?

I'd hate to know what you see when you imagine despair.

edit on 29-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by beezzer

Right. Hope. Like we've been doing the past 10 years. See how far that's gotten us? Looks like we need a little more than "hope". And Romney is your idea of hope, eh?

Obama came in on "hope and change".

I haven't run out of the former and am still waiting for the latter.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

An Obama second term.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored
Can someone just come out and say it already? I know I'm not the only one that thinks that WE THE PEOPLE have no choice in this election. Stay home folks. A vote for Gary Johnson or writing in Ron Paul is a vote for the 2 party dictatorship. Stop playing their game. STAY. HOME.

I really have nothing else to say. This "election" is a complete joke. You have no choice.

I hate to point out the Obvious, but isn't Gary Johnson a seperate party?
Your post makes so much sense.
Just give up - great advice!

How do these posts keep making it to the top?! Lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I've been telling Paul's acolytes for years that the man is a liar, a bigot, a conman and a crook.

No, no, they would say. He's the savior of the republic, the only man who can save America from DOOM!

Ha, yeah right. I'm heartened to see that at least some of his apostles are coming to their senses. Good on ya.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Dishonored

At this stage of the game I'd vote for Obama just to vote against Romney and the Bush Jr. crazy war criminals like Condi Rise and the billionaire crony-captialists that come packaged with him.

Hmmm....I am guessing you missed that Obama has extended all of Bush's policies including the Patriot Act, he's appointed an unprecedented amount of czars, he promised transparency and gave us more secrecy, he lied about closing Gitmo, lied about making ending the wars his #1 priority, started a new war without Congressional approval--- he's Bush on steroids. And let's not forget how inhuman he is flip-flopping on same sex marriage like LGBTs are bargaining chips, fearmongering women to "vote like their lady parts depend on it" -- he's crass, phony, and he would do anything for a vote and a buck. He's the reason I ran screaming from the democratic party four years ago and will never go back.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I just voted for Romney because #1 it is going against my "blue state's" vote and #2 I had to complete the ballot for my votes to count on the local issues.

you shouldn't need to make excuses for who you vote for. That should say enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Probably a black man in the White House. I jest, of course - diehard Repubs have made it abundantly clear that they don't hate the POTUS for his race.

All those racist Tea Party rally signs? Out of context. Stormfrnt membership skyrocketing after the 08 election? Coincidence. Same goes for the sharp rise in Neo-Nazi and White Nationalist groups.

ETA - I'd like to add that I hate Obama as much as I hate Mit, Ron Paul or any other federal career politician. But you're being willfully blind if you deny that Obama's race doesn't at least in part contribute to the far-right's vitriolic hatred against the man.
edit on 043131p://07104 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

reply to post by beezzer

Probably a black man in the White House. I jest, of course - diehard Repubs have made it abundantly clear that they don't hate the POTUS for his race.

All those racist Tea Party rally signs? Out of context. Stormfrnt membership skyrocketing after the 08 election? Coincidence. Same goes for the sharp rise in Neo-Nazi and White Nationalist groups.

Even though I am a liberal who is not voting out of protest, I admit that, at times, I am tempted to vote for Romney just because I am so sick & tired of the racebaiters exploiting racism for partisan purposes -- namely the democratic party agenda that has seen the black community worse off than it's been in 40 years.

I live in a black neighborhood and give my time and dollars to support the minority-owned businesses in my neighborhood. I wanted to raise my kids with diverse people. Meanwhile, the faux-liberal racebaiters go to their polling stations in their segregated white neighborhoods once in four years and cast a vote for a black man and then pat themselves on the back for being tolerant and enlightened.

I would do almost anything to take their racebaiting weapon away...perhaps even cast a vote for Romney.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MotherMayEye
I would do almost anything to take their racebaiting weapon away...perhaps even cast a vote for Romney.
Like you werent Voting for Romney anyway.

By the way, explain to your kids who the 47% are, on your way to the Voting Booth.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherMayEye

I'm hardly a race-baiter. You cannot deny that racism hasn't played a part. I dislike Obama as much as most, but seriously, come on. There's ample evidence to suggest that many on the far-right hate him chiefly because he's a black man. Your deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

By the way, explain to your kids who the 47% are, on your way to the Voting Booth.

I couldn't care less about your partisan bickering. I just feel bad for you mindless partisans.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm hardly a race-baiter. You cannot deny that racism hasn't played a part. I dislike Obama as much as most, but seriously, come on. There's ample evidence to suggest that many on the far-right hate him chiefly because he's a black man. Your deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

I have seen racial tensions grow exponentially because Obama supporters have fanned the flames. That is all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

My comment from PAGE 4, before the racebaiting began on PAGE 5:

"I am staying home in protest. Never missed an election in my adult life. But since Obama took office, I have finally realized that both parties are identical. Obama=GWB=Clinton=Romney...they are all the same.

No one even gets to run as an R or a D unless they are 'in on it.'"

Guess you think I am psychic, too.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

race baiting

The act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce a person or group of people.

en.wiktionary.org...

(You/your comments fit the definition, perfectly. Sorry.)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Guess you think I am psychic, too.
Um , no.

Not even close.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I've made it abundantly clear in this thread and others that I am no Obama supporter. But I speak truth to racism when I see it. I don't think for a second that everybody which opposes Obama is a racist.

There are millions of legitimate reasons to hate ol Barry, but the colour of his skin ain't one of them.

But to sit there and deny that for a large number of people, his blackness is a source of ire is laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join