It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lateral side of logic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The lateral mind was residing in the darkness behind the curtain silently listen for its cue to walk out into the spot light. And the there was work to do and the frontal mind was busy going about the days business sorting and assimilating the burden of the day into discipline and organisation. And the mind below was quite emotional looking up at the frontal and lateral minds wondering why they look so stupid. Well the three minds live in the one body and the body took commands from the three minds.

The body wandered around idly at times pausing, and looking around then would speed up to a near run, and then sit down panting profusely. One day the body got sick of the three minds controlling its destiny so it joined an Army. Now the Body is discplined and organised and follows a one command to stay in line.

---------
At the end of the day isnt it best to live in a system of order even if it means giving up your freedom of mind?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

At the end of the day isn't it best to live in a system of order even if it means giving up your freedom of mind?

Dualism? Are you using the mind as a metaphor for society or, perhaps, the individual's role within society? Or are you referring directly to the internal power struggles we all engage in every day of our lives?

If it's the former, I understand creativity to thrive when rooted in an ordered society. For example, great Art arises from settled cultures and even in cases (Picasso for example, or Gogol) where dystopia has generated the response, the skills were developed in institutions of order.

If it's the latter, I've tried refusing order and nurturing freedom of mind with varying degrees of success over the years. Ultimately, I've found that order of mind allows more freedom of mind. This is an ongoing conflict, but the mind/body system is a much happier place when it is in balance by being equally ordered and free. In my early 20s, I was a very creative person but also nihilistic and chaotic, what I gained in life-experience, I lost in missed opportunities.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Dualism? Are you using the mind as a metaphor for society or, perhaps, the individual's role within society? Or are you referring directly to the internal power struggles we all engage in every day of our lives?

Take society and compress all its funtional idiosyncrazies and mechanations into the mirror in the mind. The three minds watch the mirror and the interal power struggle is a struggle to find the indivdual in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Yeah, I guess we reflect the macro/micro concept of being an individual with similar internal conflicts as the wider society. Like society, being static is not an option and we must experience the pulls and pushes of not only our internal drivers, but also those which are external.

This reassures me that order is a state to be cherished and sought after as a means towards creativity and what you term 'freedom of mind.'

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

This reassures me that order is a state to be cherished and sought after as a means towards creativity and what you term 'freedom of mind.'

Order is good. Vril chant.

No happiness without order. No order without authority. No authority without unity.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I think, perhaps, we have different ideas about order. You appear to equate order with 1930s and 1940s Germany.

I don't.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

No i dont really. I was just watching a u tube vid on Vril chant. Thought it was interesting concept of order although its one view of it. and the view i have of it is freedom.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You, athlon savage, are becoming consistant with these threads of yours, and while half of me says good on you, the other half thinks you share too much sometimes and you are a bit of a freak
in a nice way of course.

What ever floats your boat man, I just wanted to say, some things click and others....well....I just shake my head, like this one. Having said that, if you function with a mix of 'all', your personality and the things you think about do change accordingly. Accepting the multitudes of you, will get easier, and no I don't agree, I am not a robot and I don't want to be treated like one, but thanks any way. I already conform to an extent already, for them to want more would be over stepping the bounds.

Keep growing keep thinking keep moving, all things in proportion and please don't forget a healthy dose of the loving part.

Brain peace to you brother
remember your heart

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Thanks for the interesting Epiphany i liked it

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

The lateral mind was residing in the darkness behind the curtain silently listen for its cue to walk out into the spot light. And the there was work to do and the frontal mind was busy going about the days business sorting and assimilating the burden of the day into discipline and organisation. And the mind below was quite emotional looking up at the frontal and lateral minds wondering why they look so stupid. Well the three minds live in the one body and the body took commands from the three minds.

The body wandered around idly at times pausing, and looking around then would speed up to a near run, and then sit down panting profusely. One day the body got sick of the three minds controlling its destiny so it joined an Army. Now the Body is discplined and organised and follows a one command to stay in line.

---------
At the end of the day isnt it best to live in a system of order even if it means giving up your freedom of mind?

Interesting. I have a different understanding. All of what we experience in the mind is based on natural law. There are spirals of information that travel by centrifugal and centripetal movement. These forces of energy and information are then sorted by the mind by the same processes found in nature: Cohesion, Adhesion, Attraction and Repulsion.

Impenetrability is the state of being whereby one thing cannot occupy the space of another. The stronger will rule the weaker. Emotion is energy in motion and intellect is internalization of energy. When emotion is stronger than intellect, we are ruled by external forces. When intellect rules emotion, we are ruled by internal forces. To bring the two together into equanimity, we must be mindful of both forces and regulate them with the hidden force of spiritual light. The one direction you left out of your eloquent version is the force of looking up toward the one that regulates it all. When we are mindful of God, equanimity is the result.

Equanimity is a state of mental and emotional steadiness arising from deep awareness. A constant state of equanimity is impossible if the five senses dictate emotion. To maintain equanimity is to guide action by intellect through the filter of mindfulness of purpose.

Mindfulness is a calm awareness and mastery of emotion. To be mindful is to master intentions of choice in all moments of life.

Here is a previous quote from my thoughts on ATS:

Intention

Intention is the first leg of a well traveled journey. The good of life can arise from correct intention if the disharmony caused by duplicity is eliminated by the intellect. This journey demands only one true intention from us along the path. If we wish the good of life as a reward for our efforts, then two contradictory goals are selfishly desired. If we pursue the good of life to avoid punishment, duplicity has once again revealed our selfish intention. True intention, however, only comes by desiring the source of good in life from the perspective of humility.

Humility

Humility seeks the good as its own reward. The goodness of God is the peace that comes from choosing His free gift of Grace.

Grace

Grace is unmerited favor to the humble.

God's peace is unity with his will. Give and receive only from a platform of humility and reverence for the law of love.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

That depends, how are you defining "best" (good)? What do you mean "isn't it best to live in..." , best in what way?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Thanks for your different perspective and concept of humility as its own reward. Ill be honest with you I dont believe there is a God. God is the conceptulixation of emotion into a belief that mans has a connection with something higher....God.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Thanks for your different perspective and concept of humility as its own reward. Ill be honest with you I dont believe there is a God. God is the conceptulixation of emotion into a belief that mans has a connection with something higher....God.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That depends, how are you defining "best" (good)? What do you mean "isn't it best to live in..." , best in what way?

Best in maintaining a wholistic view of what freedom is and not a fragmented version of it held my one person one day and another the next.. Im not sure if im making any sense here. Another way to see it is as a wave on the ocean that travels unintterupted

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Best in maintaining a wholistic view of what freedom is and not a fragmented version of it held my one person one day and another the next.. Im not sure if im making any sense here. Another way to see it is as a wave on the ocean that travels unintterupted

The best way to maintain freedom is to make freedom the order.

The only law we need is "Respect the free-will of others".

So now you can do whatever you want - unless you are forcing someone to do something against their will.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The best way to maintain freedom is to make freedom the order.

The only law we need is "Respect the free-will of others".

So now you can do whatever you want - unless you are forcing someone to do something against their will.

Yes i agree with you. Great minds think alike.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: Ne'er mind... newer posts cleared up OP perspective.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Happiness is always been around as long as the birds in the trees.

new topics

top topics

join