It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grade Eight Social Studies: Who Is The Prophet Of Muslims?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Constitution. Secular, non aparthaid, non lies and distortions paid for by tax dollars to the children. It is CRIMINAL TO LIE IN EDUCATION. It's TREASON and abuse of power. Theocracy is not democracy, also criminal, and treasonous.

Any questions?
edit on 29-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Koros

Constitution. Secular, non aparthaid, non lies and distortions paid for by tax dollars to the children. It is CRIMINAL TO LIE IN EDUCATION. It's TREASON and abuse of power. Theocracy is not democracy, also criminal, and treasonous.

Any questions?

Yes. My question is, again, can you cite the national, provincial, or local law they are violating?

Because, this answer here is little more than your own rhetoric and opinion. You've provided no fact to back up your claim that they are violating the law.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Again, as I said, my bigger problem is all the other things students are being lied to about.
It's up to us to teach our kids critical thinking and the real facts about the past and present, assuming we know them?! lol

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

pg 126

Women are superior to men in certain respects: it is they who are asked in marriage, desired, loved and courted.

...and they that inspire self-sacrifice and require protection

...An indication of the high esteem in which women are held is that if a man is asked to swear by God ---there is none greater---and take a solemn oath to go to the House of God, or distribute his possessions as alms, or emancipate his slaves, all that comes easily to him...

...But let him be asked to swear to put away [to give up] his wife, he grows pale, is overcome with rage, protests, expostulates, gets angry and refuses.....All this is the result of the place God has given wives in their husbands hearts...

All of this can be found in the big yellow box to the side iwth a huge red sticker that says Primary Source!, so it really stands out.

Those who are paid by tax dollars to serve the modern, non theocracy secular Canadian society, need to be asked: RELEVANCE OF THIS MOST INAPPROPRIATE INFO.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with learning this.

Don't make a fool of yourself and your child.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

God created a child out of a woman without the help of any man, but he has never created a child out of a man without a woman. Thus it is specially to woman and not to man that HE gave this wonderful sign, this signal token, when He created the Messiah in Mary's bosom, without a man.

Again, page 126, same big shiny box. A passage that is simply BEYOND WORDS FOR NOT APPROPRIATE IN SOCIAL STUDIES.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

pg 126

Women are superior to men in certain respects: it is they who are asked in marriage, desired, loved and courted.

...and they that inspire self-sacrifice and require protection

...An indication of the high esteem in which women are held is that if a man is asked to swear by God ---there is none greater---and take a solemn oath to go to the House of God, or distribute his possessions as alms, or emancipate his slaves, all that comes easily to him...

...But let him be asked to swear to put away [to give up] his wife, he grows pale, is overcome with rage, protests, expostulates, gets angry and refuses.....All this is the result of the place God has given wives in their husbands hearts...

All of this can be found in the big yellow box to the side iwth a huge red sticker that says Primary Source!, so it really stands out.

But are you quoting out of context? What does it really say? The X scholar BlaBla wrote "Ta Da" .. ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Nothing wrong with learning this.

Don't make a fool of yourself and your child.

??????????????Its criminal to have this disinfo, with slanted words, in detail about a very immature culture that abuses women and children. Its CRIMINAL in a school system that is removed from religion and prayer (as it should be) to be Speaking of things like this as facts, of God as a fact, of prophets, messaiah and mary as a fact.

Hardly the fool here, from a line of educators noting something very critical happening just recently, in the education system, like the dark ages creeping in.

I keep wondering where all the normal posters on ATS have gone.

And if you think this is being foolish, this squeaky wheel of a fool is going to blow this criminal distortion of our children's educations 5 miles high.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Context matters here. It is easy to quote a line that says (as a hypothetical) "Women are horrible creatures," and make it sound as though this is what is being taught in a classroom.

However, without context, how are we to know that the full text doesn't say "Smurf Worshipers believe that Women are horrible creatures. Their view is not shared by most of the world?"

Context matters. Your quotes are meaningless.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

The context is, on page 126, in a big grey box called: The status of Women, that takes up 4/5's of the page, there are two smaller yellow/gold boxes, with big red stamps on the top right corner, so they stand out as relevant, and there is everything I just quoted in the posts above)

And God isn't a topic that even gets covered in social studies. Just for your info, not to mention, this other thing, the misogyny.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm going to keep asking until you either provide the law you claim they are violating, or until you admit that you can't. Accusing someone of criminal action is a serious accusation.

So, can you cite the national, provincial, or local law they are violating?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Koros

The context is, on page 126, in a big grey box called: The status of Women, that takes up 4/5's of the page, there are two smaller yellow/gold boxes, with big red stamps on the top right corner, so they stand out as relevant, and there is everything I just quoted in the posts above)

And God isn't a topic that even gets covered in social studies. Just for your info, not to mention, this other thing, the misogyny.
If they are merely talking about "The Status of Women within Islam," I fail to see a problem. They are presenting a fact here, not proselytizing.

Also, you earlier claimed that this is inappropriate for Social Studies. I urge you to think about what "Social Studies" means, since you apparently don't get that it means "The study of societies and cultures."

But, go ahead, make a stink about it with your school board. I'll bet you won't win.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

I'm going to keep asking until you either provide the law you claim they are violating, or until you admit that you can't. Accusing someone of criminal action is a serious accusation.

If for no other reason, Koros is actually doing you a favor here, as guaranteed this question is going to come up at the meeting you plan on having.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

This is not appropriate in our school system, nor any use of God, or (may God be pleased with them). Its not teaching tolerance, its making them apathetic to crimes. We have a constitution that protects every Canadian citizen from inequality and abuse. They don't need this very inappropriate change in educational material. We are not to promote any tolerance on inequality and key issues of democracy, women and minorities rights, or even as Canada has its constitution which speaks of instrinsic equality, equalizing conditions between people.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Knowledge about different religions helps a person to understand current world events.

I don't understand why you're upset.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777

Originally posted by Koros

If for no other reason, Koros is actually doing you a favor here, as guaranteed this question is going to come up at the meeting you plan on having.

Do you fail to understand Democracy and Constitutional Law?

And what it means to have the best education system possible?

Distorting education for political agenda is a definite crime, for its against our constitution. Legislation is NOT LAW. It stands on the backbone of the Constitution, and alot of it is unlawful.

Any thing that harms children is a crime against humanity, it violates common law, and it violates constitutional law. Any form of distorting their education is harm to children.

Savvy?

Understand democracy yet?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is why most people see conspiracy theoristis as nut cases, I start to think they are not that wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Koros

This is not appropriate in our school system, nor any use of God, or (may God be pleased with them). Its not teaching tolerance, its making them apathetic to crimes. We have a constitution that protects every Canadian citizen from inequality and abuse. They don't need this very inappropriate change in educational material. We are not to promote any tolerance on inequality and key issues of democracy, women and minorities rights, or even as Canada has its constitution which speaks of instrinsic equality, equalizing conditions between people.

Yes, I get it. You think what is being taught here is abusive. But, I don't agree with you. Nor, for that matter, will the school board when you bring the issue to them.

And, as was just pointed out to you, the school board is likely to ask you the SAME question I am asking you. Can you cite the national, provincial, or local law that is being violated?

I'm not talking about "Well, our constitution speaks of equality." I mean "You are violating statute 100.23.589 of the Province of British Columbia which states, 'Any teacher, educator, or school administrator who knowingly teaches of religion in a public school shall be in violation of the law.'"

Get with the program here. If you want to win this crusade you are on, you will HAVE to cite a law they are violating. If you don't, or if you can't, then your fight is already over.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Lets look at the introduction to this chapter.

p.107

...However, Islam was to spread so quickly, and over such a large area, that it would eventually lose some of its Arab character. Islam is still the principal religion of the Middle East, North Africa, much of Central Africa, and many countries in Asia. There are millions of muslims in China and Russia, for example. It is also the second fastest growing religion in North america....

In this chapter you will focus on the Arab world, which is the birthplace of Islam. You will also learn about the foundations of the Islamic faith and the religious duties of Muslims around the world

Prey tell why in social students, children would be required to learn about the foundations of a world religion, and the religious duties of its members?

Oh my, propaganda anyone?

p.108

Christianity and Judaism were born in the middle east. The cultures of many lands, including Canada, have deep connections to the cultures of that region. English and French literature, for example, contain many references to the Bible, whih originated in the middle east. ....At a personal level, there are many links. Many Canadians who do not have a direct connection with teh Middle East, have names that originated there. Mary, Rebecca, Ruth, Joshua, Michael, and David are just a few.

This actual brainwashing of children.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
OP, it seems you have hate for Islam and you are projecting a lot of it. You must be or was a Christian, and compared to your time is school and now, christianity has been dumbed down. and other religions are exposed more. So i guess you see this as another relgiion replacing yours.

As a person who grew up in Scarborough, Toronto... and went to school from early age. i for one am sure that these are just introduction to other religion.

Do you know history of Buddhism? you probably think its an Asian(oriental) religion right? well most people do think that.

If you want them to teach muhammed was a militant pedophile(im not denying or agreeing) then you have to teach all the atrocities the bible said, you know conquer and keep all the virgins for yourself and kill the male children and women who already laid with a man?

So if you want to teach the bad side of religion, then include every bad things from every religion. But how is that going to help kids? it would further separate them? just because they belong to certain religion means they should be hated for it?

To sum it up.

You are paranoid that Islam/Sharia law is going to take over and you are worried your region is going to be taken over, but in reality, its just education and keeping future people be less ignorant than their ignorant parents, who have the world in this current frkin mess.

Less ignorance = less bloodshed.
edit on 10/29/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join