It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grade Eight Social Studies: Who Is The Prophet Of Muslims?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Mohammed is not only a prophet but a kind of military leader, his existence is proved. It`s not like Christ.
edit on 29-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I'm sorry, but it really wasn't ever proven to exist. And in fact, very very unlikely to be real. Just alot of BS.

And what I believe is that the Catholic Church created Islam, to sack Jerusalem and to rid the middle east of all those pesty gnostic Christians that were everywhere then, you know the rift between Peter and Paul, eh.

Now all these opinions, even mine, are very interesting, but they're just puffs of smoke and mirrors, myths and fables, mythology 101, BUT NOT HISTORY.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

Unity_99 part of the 8th grade curriculum for Canadian secondary schools is a unit on World Religions. They usually cover all the major religions as a way of teaching the students tolerance of their fellow students who may have belief systems different than theirs. I can't speak for your son's teacher but I know my 8th grade teacher made it very clear she was not using the class to preach (in fact she staunchly refused to tell any of us what, if any, religion she followed) or to convert or to make anyone question.

If your son has notes or handouts from the class, I encourage you to give them a read, and see if they are biased or at all an attempt to convert your child.

No no no, this will not do. He's already made his mind up and he's got targets in his sight. His rage will not be soothed by such logical thinking.

Axes are cheap, but they are cheap because they need so much grinding..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I believe you have evidence of your claims? And even if he`s not real, the believes based on that changed the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yes, well, she is feeling like Buffy the Vampire Slayer right now, and intends to deal with some dark side minions tomorrow, who need to be reminded what Canadian secular education means, the Constitution means and that what they slipped in the back door in our social studies text books is: Crimes Agaisnt Humanity and Massive Child Abuse.

We're not going back in time.

And every aspect of those who work for us, serve us, are paid by us, also ANSWER TO US. They don't empower us. WE EMPOWER THEM.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

LOL, congrats on ostracizing your child. It's 8th freaking grade. Let's see what he believes when he approaches voting age.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

He's already not the typical kid, and has friends who like him any way. I never grew up giving a darn what any other kid thought, and I don't teach them too. Just what is right. We stand up for what is right and are the LIGHT in this dark hellhole.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by TheOtter
It sounds like he is being taught cultural literacy. I bet he will probably read The Iliad or The Odyssey at some point in school. When they teach it, they also teach about the gods and goddesses the Greeks believed in. It doesn't mean they are teaching the kids to believe they exist or that they should be worshipped.

That would sociology. Something I loved in college, and would have pursued to a masters degree if I could have.

But alas, what you are talking about is called Religious Studies, not be confused with social studies, and not suitable in Canadian School System for minors, which by the way is SECULAR.

The gods and goddesses are taught as a part of mythology, ie. no idea of reality involved and not a part of history. That is usually English.

en.wikipedia.org...

Learn what Social Studies are. Maybe you should consider returning to 8th grade yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

What is right? And who are you to decide what is right?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I did, and we never got asked any of those questions in the OP. And my son isn't either. There is very strict separation between Church and State. We learnt about things like World Wars, Native History, I do recall they threw in some of the kings and royalty who lost their heads and some very suspicious and ugly videos we had to see in the auditorium about this. And in later grades wrote a 2000 word essay on Nuremburg Trials. Was published in the paper in senior years too.

We don't have an education system that brings in this mythology as history in Canada, and we're not going to start. This is a red flag, an outrageous thing to discover as test material.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It's really a shame then.
I had an incredible social studies teacher in the 8th grade who was big on teaching tolerance in our classrooms. I was in her class when 9/11 happened and she immediately changed her curriculum around and we did a unit on media (how to spot propaganda and biased reporting) and a background/history unit on Afghanistan. World Religions was the cherry on top and I left that class comfortable in my own beliefs (athiesm) but appreciative of others.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That`s why people should not be allowed to have any power lol

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Tolerance is of social issues, homeless, those in need, it has nothing to do with teaching religious mumbo jumbo in history. And I bet they never taught you 9/11 was an inside job, ie AKA TRUTH.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Please Unity, I think you are making a huge mistake here. Canada acknowledges the fact that we are a very multicultural country that tries to be inclusive for everyone's beliefs and backgrounds. This is not a case of Church versus State or religions trying to push their way into schools. It comes down to preventing violence and conflict through eliminating ignorance.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It sounds like the teacher in specific, maybe trying to give a fuller picture on the Middle East and it's history.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I agree with every sane person in this thread, that you sir are angry about nothing. Those are well established facts that don't even touch the dogma you hate so much.

I was taught all about the catholic missions of California, I even had to build one as a 5th grader, and I'm not catholic, but it was a part of history, so I was taught it.

Religions of the world may not be on the history channel everyday for your enjoyment but they are history just as much as the UFOs and aliens you love so much.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

No, I came to be a 9/11 Truther all on my own. But even before that, I wasn't one of the people condemning the whole of a country or a religion because of a small percentage of fundamentalists/radicals because of one eight grade class taught by one hell of a teacher.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

There is no fact that is worthy of being taught in history or social studies or english, in that quiz. And yes I'm angry, for the government just allowed something extremely inappropriate to be taught to children in Canada, and as mere servants to the people and the constitution they need to answer for this. I don't know what you guys are getting for an eduation, but we had a good one here. I don't know why words like: exodus, torah, and mohummad would ever grace a social studies book.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Part of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is a freedom from discrimination. If we don't educate people to a certain extent on religions or belief systems than how can we guarantee that this is going to be upheld to the highest degree?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You are the living proof why goverment should not serve the people. The people don`t know anything and are not in position to demand anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join