It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grade Eight Social Studies: Who Is The Prophet Of Muslims?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Most important Jewish book: Torah

When did judaism take place: 3000 year ago.

What is the Jewish books: Exodus.

What did the Jews believe what God thought: that they were God's chosen people.

When did Islam start: 7 century.

Apparently my son is being tested tomorrow in social studies. And these are study notes. And I'm going to go to the school and make an appointment with the principal and raise CAIN.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Schools are secular. What we were taught in social studies was maps, world geography, and natives, Canadian content, and alot about World Wars.

Relgious mythology mumbo jumbo that is not even proven to exist is not appropriate in a secular constitutionally protected Modern and should SPACE AGE education.

And I am very angry.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Perhaps there might be some ideas others have of what exactly I should tell them at the office and tell the social studies teacher and the principal. I've already decided if one person can't make a big stink, a possy might be needed.

They're all going to start answering, big time!

Oh and my son definitely being deprogrammed, no question of him, its the other children I'm most concerned with, and also the very notion of allowing those very humble and grateful for their jobs and incomes, school trustees, educators, ministry of education, servants to the people, to ever think they have a right to do this to us. (said through gritted teeth). They sadly mistake their place in life.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dude, those are facts, not beliefs.

Be glad your child is learning something. No hockey got you down?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

From my point of view they are only teaching facts about the history of some religion. I don`t see a big problem there, it`s part o history too.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My children are taught the truth, that I don't know if this mohummad existed, but if he did and any of the rumor about him are not metaphors and lies, then he's a pedafile, sorry. Truth is truth. and he is not a nice guy. Nor is the God of Is Ra El, He liked animal sacrifices and commanded slaghter of women, children, relatives and neighbors who didn't worship him probably because they were too afraid too.

I don't teach my kids lies or anything psychopathic.

They do get taught about Christ a bit, and that its either metaphor, or a real man existed that they hijacked, but that his message is about Immanuel, Higher Power and Love/Goodness with us, but you know what, I don't want my school teaching this, and not especially in history.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

How do you not know if Mohammed existed? Also, they are not teaching any messages there, only dates and origins of the religion.
edit on 29-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

From my point of view they are only teaching facts about the history of some religion. I don`t see a big problem there, it`s part o history too.

No its not. College religious studies, maybe. But no bible, torah, or any muslim religion material is suitable in any school system. Its not history, not even close. Its the easter bunny, but a mean psycho one, that has destroyed this world in slavery and abused so many women and children throughout history that it needs to be exposed and removed. Its not suitable in a secular education to even mention this.

AND THIS IS BEING DEALT WITH.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

The closest social studies came to religion when I was a kid was political ideologies. However in the world today where muslim nations are not just thought of as sanddunes and camels, these might be necessary things to teach so that they will be ready for the world of tomorrow.

As many of these formerly 3rd world nations will be world powers in the near future, it may just be prudent to teach them these things. As social studies is the study of societies, and their interactions, and many societies don't have a line between religion and government, I honestly see the need to teach this. Provvided it is in a nonbiased, and socially neutral manner.

However, don't let me sway you, do what you feel is right for your child. I don't know the situation or the other circumstances involved.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99I don't teach my kids lies or anything psychopathic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you're not teaching them THAT crap.

Hopefully they realize you're nuts and just dismiss your nonsense.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
While I`m not big fan of Islam or Mohammed they have some historical importance. He changed the middle east and some parts of Asia, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Aside the fact this is going as high as it has to, and I feel like Buffy slaying the demons, this issue is outrageous and never seen before in my life. One thing, that he is going to do,and I'm going to tell them I am enforcing is, on his exam, he will answer anything like that, with (my mother considers this to be an illegal question, not suitable for secular education)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
While I`m not big fan of Islam or Mohammed they have some historical importance. He changed the middle east and some parts of Asia, unfortunately.

He did did he.?

Do you have any proof that he existed? If so , please bring it forth, the world has been waiting for such evidence.

But since its not there, its not suitable in school, because it doesnt qualify as history.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Aside the fact this is going as high as it has to, and I feel like Buffy slaying the demons, this issue is outrageous and never seen before in my life. One thing, that he is going to do,and I'm going to tell them I am enforcing is, on his exam, he will answer anything like that, with (my mother considers this to be an illegal question, not suitable for secular education)

Don't screw with his grades. Just ask him if he feels like the class is suggesting anything. If not, then find something else to do with your time.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It sounds like he is being taught cultural literacy. I bet he will probably read The Iliad or The Odyssey at some point in school. When they teach it, they also teach about the gods and goddesses the Greeks believed in. It doesn't mean they are teaching the kids to believe they exist or that they should be worshipped.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Then I think that they should not teach how Christianism changed the Roman Empire and the middle ages too?
Your complain do not make sense. Tthey are only teaching history, not telling that god created the world or something like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Unity_99

Don't screw with his grades. Just ask him if he feels like the class is suggesting anything. If not, then find something else to do with your time.

I'm sorry, but this is not going be on the curriculum any longer. They are not going to make NWO religious crapola a part of our secular educational school system.

Tomorrow is the start of changing this.

There is nothing wrong with tagging on any answers he gives, with what I just wrote, the school board is also on my list of those to visit. Maybe the news media, and some newletters might be helpful. And a phone call to our elected representatives office.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Unity_99 part of the 8th grade curriculum for Canadian secondary schools is a unit on World Religions. They usually cover all the major religions as a way of teaching the students tolerance of their fellow students who may have belief systems different than theirs. I can't speak for your son's teacher but I know my 8th grade teacher made it very clear she was not using the class to preach (in fact she staunchly refused to tell any of us what, if any, religion she followed) or to convert or to make anyone question.

If your son has notes or handouts from the class, I encourage you to give them a read, and see if they are biased or at all an attempt to convert your child.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
It sounds like he is being taught cultural literacy. I bet he will probably read The Iliad or The Odyssey at some point in school. When they teach it, they also teach about the gods and goddesses the Greeks believed in. It doesn't mean they are teaching the kids to believe they exist or that they should be worshipped.

That would sociology. Something I loved in college, and would have pursued to a masters degree if I could have.

But alas, what you are talking about is called Religious Studies, not be confused with social studies, and not suitable in Canadian School System for minors, which by the way is SECULAR.

The gods and goddesses are taught as a part of mythology, ie. no idea of reality involved and not a part of history. That is usually English.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join