It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Could Happen 12-21-2012? Our Sagittarius Galaxy May --------------------------->

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Maybe, we are not in the Milky Way galaxy, maybe, we are in the galaxy that rotates into the Milky Way.

Maybe, This only happens every 26000 years. Maybe we will have a situation that happens on 12-21-2012. Our solar system could pass through the center of the Milky Way and create a vortex of electromagnetic energy that would give the surrounding magnetic energy a sudden jolt and change the way our SOLAR system functions. However, how long the effects take for them to reach us would depend on many factors. Time on our planet is measured differently and none of the calenders can actually pinpoint the exact time these energy changes will affect us.

There is a pattern that repeats through out our history, unfortunately, the human population that exist on this planet at anytime can only last 75 years. It has been suggested through carbon dating, Our earth is 4 billion years old, so, it would be impossible for us to predict when this cycle began. At best, we can guess based on information handed down over the last 5000 years, hardly accurate.

We do know absolutes. the Earth does rotate, the planets do revolve around the Sun, the Moon is intricate to our survival and we are all attached by the same energy. The energy of this planet has changed many 1000's of times and it will change again.

Here is my main point about all of this....it does not matter how you die in this human condition, how do you live and how do you treat others now....daily....life as a soul does not end, but where you go is depends on your actions in this life. Of course there are always going to be natural changes to our energy within our solar system, but how we treat each other as human beings can help deal with those changes when they do happen. It's not about religion....it's about true love.

Do something nice for a stranger today!

Sincerely,

Ascension211

Thanks for stopping by! Much love to all!

Ascension211

edit on 10/29/2012 by ascension211 because: grammar and to remove a name.

edit on 10/29/2012 by ascension211 because: Edit

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

This only happens every 26000 years. Maybe we will have a situation that happens on 12-21-2012. Our solar system could pass through the center of the Milky Way...

No.
None of this is actually true, and the link you yourself put forward even says that.

No, Earth will not pass through the galactic plane in 2012, contrary to what you might have heard.

There’s been much hoopla about the winter solstice sun aligning with galactic plane on December 21, 2012

As seen from the sun, the Earth crosses the galactic equator twice a year, every year.
As seen from Earth, the sun crosses the galactic equator twice a year, every year.

edit on 29-10-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I did not address the galactic plane issue in this response, but rather offered another possible scenario.

I gave the link so others could read it. Glad you found it so informative. Nice of you to stop by with your hit and run. Take care.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I did not address the galactic plane issue in this response, but rather offered another possible scenario.

Sorry, hope you can understand my confusion.
I've never seen anyone try to debunk their own thread (with links) before.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I know it can be frustrating at times. I have something I say to my self often when dealing with disruptive souls. I am sure you have heard it in some form of semantics before. Here it is in my own translation: Give me the Compassion I Need To Accept The Things I Can Not Change (people, places and things), The Ability I Need To Change The Things About Myself That I Want To Change, The Capacity To Accept The Differences. Try to apply this to any situation and find a way to set a time aside for yourself each day to reflect and breath at peace. Meditation/Prayer, whatever works for you. Take care. Much love and understanding. Ascension211

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I was not debunking anything.

You put forward a link showing in clear and independently verifiable terms what the actual situation is.
And when I say "verifiable", I mean it. You dont have to take anyone's word for it, you can (as millions have done before) go outside and learn some amateur astronomy and double check for yourself how things work in the sky.

And after having shown that link, you "offer another scenario" instead.

The link doesnt work, but you're referring to the saggitarius galaxy recently discovered. And there is nothing whatsoever in that discovery that supports any claim of...

This only happens every 26000 years.

or

create a vortex of electromagnetic energy that would give the surrounding magnetic energy a sudden jolt

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well you are just perfect I guess. When is the last thread you started? If it was your intention to offer constructive criticism you failed miserably. If it was your intention to trash me, Hooray! You succeeded.

Maybe, This only happens every 26000 years. Maybe we will have a situation that happens on 12-21-2012. Our solar system could pass through the center of the Milky Way and create a vortex of electromagnetic energy that would give the surrounding magnetic energy a sudden jolt and change the way our SOLAR system functions. However, how long the effects take for them to reach us would depend on many factors. Time on our planet is measured differently and none of the calenders can actually pinpoint the exact time these energy changes will affect us.

There is a pattern that repeats through out our history, unfortunately, the human population that exist on this planet at anytime can only last 75 years. It has been suggested through carbon dating, Our earth is 4 billion years old, so, it would be impossible for us to predict when this cycle began. At best, we can guess based on information handed down over the last 5000 years, hardly accurate.

We do know absolutes. the Earth does rotate, the planets do revolve around the Sun, the Moon is intricate to our survival and we are all attached by the same energy. The energy of this planet has changed many 1000's of times and it will change again.

Here is my main point about all of this....it does not matter how you die in this human condition, how do you live and how do you treat others now....daily....life as a soul does not end, but where you go is depends on your actions in this life. Of course there are always going to be natural changes to our energy within our solar system, but how we treat each other as human beings can help deal with those changes when they do happen. It's not about religion....it's about true love.

Funny how you chose to focus on what you felt were the negatives. I do not even think you read the entire post, but I edited it just for you.

edit on 10/29/2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Don't blame others because you shot yourself in the foot

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Maybe, we are not in the Milky Way galaxy, maybe, we are in the galaxy that rotates into the Milky Way.

Sorry, but no, we are in the Milky Way Galaxy.

The Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy is in a polar orbit through the Milky Way. If we had been part of it, the solar system would not be orbiting the center of the Milky Way along the direction of the galactic plane for the Milky Way. Instead, we would be passing through it, and orbiting at a extreme angle to the Milky Way:

Based on its current trajectory, the Sag DEG main cluster is about to pass through the galactic disc of the Milky Way within the next hundred million years, while the extended loop-shaped ellipse is already extended around and through our local space and on through the Milky Way galactic disc, and in the process of slowly being absorbed into the larger galaxy, calculated at 10,000 times the mass of Sag DEG.

Again, sorry, no. Our solar system never passes through the center of the Milky Way. We orbit around the center of it once every 200 million years. We are about 27,000 lightyears away from the center of our galaxy. We know this from observational data (both visible and EM readings with radio telescopes).

If we were headed directly for the center of the Milky Way, it would take us over 27,000 years to get there, and that is if we were moving at close to light speed or 299,792 km/s. Our sun is moving at about 220 km/s.

As for the rest of your post, it reads more to me, IMHO, as belonging in the Philosophy and Metaphysic forum.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You have 211 threads posted, how interesting, since I am Ascension211. Maybe it is because you think it is not sincere when posted to a reply that seems obnoxious. However, when I say Take care and much love to all, it is genuine regardless of their demeanor in my thread. I sometimes want to react in a different way, but I find a way to accept the things I cannot change ( people places things ) and take responsibility for my own choices.

Take care and much love.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
but your theory/hypoyhesis completely disregards the Earth's up-&-down wave-pattern that brings the solar system very close to the top edge of the Galaxy every 32 Million years then to the bottom edge of the Galaxy in another 32 Million years

It is well researched that the Earth & the solar system's Galactic orbit wobbles above and below the Galactic plane every 64 Million years,,,thats when we are out next to Galaxy boundary or outer edge where the heavy cosmic ray region splashes the Earth with heavy doses of high energy rays

recently seen the segment on Nat-Geo or i would not known it so quick

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It seems as though there is a double standard involved in here sometimes. What some do is allowed and what some do is not. I have always tried to treat others with respect. removing a post does not change this fact.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You can't just come in, blathering a bunch of inane stuff that has no scientific basis, and expect it to be taken seriously. Well, you can, but you'll be disappointed. Astronomers know where the Earth and our Solar System are, what direction they are traveling, and what galaxy they are a part of. This can all be verified scientifically using actual measurements and actual data. No amount of "but maybe it's this completely unverified bollocks instead" will change it -- and no matter how many times you insist your opinion is worth considering, the fact will remain that it is not in fact worth considering.
edit on 29-10-2012 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

Well you are just perfect I guess. When is the last thread you started? If it was your intention to offer constructive criticism you failed miserably. If it was your intention to trash me, Hooray! You succeeded.

Funny how you chose to focus on what you felt were the negatives. I do not even think you read the entire post, but I edited it just for you.

edit on 10/29/2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

I've only read the first page, but I'm wondering if possibly your intent was to offer up more of a "wouldn't it be cool if..." scenario, as opposed to a "maybe this is really what's going to happen." the "mqybe's" yoy offer up are thoroughly understood to be nothing like what could actually occur. Yes, we live in a reality where anything is possible, but none of those possibilities has any basis in reality. What I'm getting at is, your OP reads more like a daydream, or a flight of imagination than an actual theory on what could happen. Maybe because you presented it as an actual "possibility" when science understands it to be nothing of the sort, some of the highly critical replies are what you received.

Your finishing paragraph is a great sentiment, and I don't think many could argue against it (short of Neocons and Satabists), so no complaints there, though it didn't seem to fit with your physical theory of the solar system and intersecting galaxies, etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I like your thread and they way you started it off, and the way you ended it. Its a thread that shows the open heart and open thinking of a warm person.

Many of the people here are young, but I'm older and I've read and heard a lot; and I've heard and read much of what you had in your first post in many other places. I'm open minded, and I know that lots of stuff that others take for fact, is in fact false. We shall see what the future holds ascension211.

I'm with you ascension211, this world needs more peace, caring and sharing; and less war.

edit on 30-10-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...reply to post by dogstar23

This thread may help explain my dilemma. Thank you and take care.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join