It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted threads and Post Counts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have a slight issue guys. I was on earlier and swore my post count was closer to 100 than 50. Looking over the ones I see from my profile, all posts that were in threads that have been removed no longer count, is that right? I know not all of my posts may have contributed that much, but I feel like I've been robbed. Please let me know if I'm wrong, but if I'm not, is there any way this can be fixed?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

LOL. That's comforting. I have noticed that a little already though, I know what you are talking about. It's ok, I'll just keep posting 2 lines at a time to reply to every single reply I get

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DejaVuAgain

Don't post, just to get your post count up with two liners.

Add to the convo.

And yes, everybody does the two liner from time to time. Some more than others.

I hate the oneliners, followed by...

2nd.

What's up with that? Just lazy in my opinion. Though sometimes it can be funny.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Why shouldn't I when my post count was cut in half for no reason whatsoever? I never really liked doing the 2 line thing, and try hard to make my posts insightful or meaningful in some way. At the very least, relevant to the conversation or topic. Which is why I'm so upset. If it was all 2 line posts that got deleted I'd understand it, but I spent my time contributing, just to have posts deleted through no fault of my own. It isn't right or fair, and I'll do what I have to to get my post count where it truly should be.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Even if it means using two posts to create a single reply to a message, in a thread which I started. Like this one for example. I could have amended my last post, but this is more effective for my desired result.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I always try to make every post count as much as possible, but somtimes a one liner does it just fine. Like now!

2nd

Nah just kidding, the trick is simple, just put in the time man, and your count will be higher than slayers in no time. You just gotta find the topics and threads that interest you, then the lines and posts just gush out of you somtimes. Next thing you know, your over 1K and still going.

On the subject of the Mods, meh.. what do ya do? I havvve caught T&Cs for nothing, and people before and after me have said things blatantly agaist the T&Cs with nothing done. It just depends on the Mod and their mood, or who they do or don't like somtimes.

Let's be honest, though we all long for their "Godlike" powers, or was that prowes? They are just as flawed and petty as we, well except Hefficide, he is a "God" or so he tells me.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well, if they would have a magic area for deleted postes to go, no counts should be lost.
2nd -Just kidding, but now I know what this means.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
1 liner or 2 liner doesnt mean anything
look at my post here

2 words
(6 letters in total lol)

just dont do it often because they will think you just want to get your post count up
especially when you are a new member that have some "hidden agenda" .. cheaters

many new members are not "new members" if you know what i mean

mods are not dumb you know
they have their third eye activated

you dont need to be a mod to see suspicious paterns like that

if you have nothing to hide .. then you are safe because you have no suspicious patern following you
but always posting 1 or 2 lines in many threads .. you will get attention on you very fast
ATS like to have new real contributor members that cares to contribute to the topics

i dont understand why some people say 2nd .. it is so suspicious
they diserve to have their post removed from their post count just for that
edit on 10/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Well, if they would have a magic area for deleted postes to go, no counts should be lost.
2nd -Just kidding, but now I know what this means.

Actually there is a place where deleted threads go to. Its called the Trash Bin. Yes, not very imaginative but hey... Recycle Bin and Trash were already taken, and the guys at Langley are not the most creative of sorts.

EDIT: see what happened just up there in my post about the mods? Now why was it off-topic? I don't know. Nobody knows. I won't be informed why. Now the thing is... as a member since 2005 and seeing all sorts of mods and members coming and going, do I care? Not anymore.
edit on 29-10-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If there's one thing about ATS that's an undeniable truth, it's that the majority of members are paranoid. But then again it is a conspiracy site, so what did we expect...

DejaVuAgain, I checked the staff logs and there has never been any staff actions against your account. Not so much as a deleted thread or 1-liner warning. And even if there was - staff actions, i.e. removal of posts or deletion of threads does not affect your post count. The ONLY time staff will ever change a member's post count is if it's a new member that spammed the board with 1-liners to reach the 20 post limit... And only administrators can do this, and it will always be followed by a private message by the admin.

So if you don't fall into that category, then we have a mystery on our hands.

Here you can see all the posts you've made on ATS (so far). You can count them. Just a quick scan tells me it's not 100. So I'm guessing you are either mistaken - perhaps had a glance at some other numbers? Or you had an encounter with our Ghost in the Machine. While the programming code is pretty good, you will still find a minor bug or two. So, the moon and all the planets were in perfect alignment it could've been that you post count was 100 for one minute because of a bug.

That said. You post count doesn't mean squad. There are members with a post count of 1,348,498,348 that rarely says anything insightful, and there are members with a post count of 5 that shows the wisdom of ancient Greek gods... So the numbers may lie (in some rare occasions) but your posts don't.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Most of us have had threads trashed or posts deleted for violating T&C of some sort. We're human after all.

The MODs are just doing their job, trying to keep this site from turning into the "other" sites. You know? Proper decorum and all. That's one of the reasons I love ATS.

It forces me to be civilized and mind my manners when typing about something. It makes me think first, before responding.

You say you have lurked so you know what I'm talking about. When the personnel attacks start, the thread gets derailed rather quickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Actually there is a place where deleted threads go to. Its called the Trash Bin. Yes, not very imaginative but hey... Recycle Bin and Trash were already taken, and the guys at Langley are not the most creative of sorts.

EDIT: see what happened just up there in my post about the mods? Now why was it off-topic? I don't know. Nobody knows. I won't be informed why. Now the thing is... as a member since 2005 and seeing all sorts of mods and members coming and going, do I care? Not anymore.

Your post was there with the sole purpose of insulting the volunteer staff and didn't offer anything of value to the OP's question. When a staff member takes an action on a member an automated U2U is always sent to that member giving an explanation about the type of action. If you still don't understand the action there is NOTHING that stops you from sending the staff member (or any staff member) a message to ask. You have been here long enough to know this.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I was considering the possibility that I may have looked at someone else's numbers, but I could have sworn that I was almost at 100 because I got excited about it. I looked at my post history, and though I can't specifically say what is missing, I know something is not there... Maybe I just had my foil hat on too tight again. Regardless, I thank you for taking the time to look in to it, and if it was a mistake on my part, I truly am sorry. We have a saying around here for this situation "hard tellin', not knowin'."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

No problem. Better to ask and not wonder, than to have something bug you and distract from why you're here.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

GemWolf, as a "SuperModerator" would you consider yourself to be like "Odin" or "Zeus", as you are a cut above the regular "Godlike" Mods?

Or would that be SkepticOverlord and Springer?

I know this is entirely off topic, but it is the freshmans forum, and I am still kinda new, so I just wanted to pick your brains a little about the subject in a fun way.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

and then...

*presto! Thread!*

(my point is, really? post count?
it won't make you manlier (or womanlier if the case may be) and it won't program your tivo for you... its a number!)

edit on 29-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I'll assume that's meant in jest.

Thing is a moderator with an ego doesn't last. Moderators are members FIRST. And all members are equal. The fact that moderators have the ability to enforce the Terms and Conditions is simply the result of a series of unfortunate events.

If a gun was held to my face and I was forced to equate Mods with gods, I'd start with Ukur, Hades and Loki... Not like those other "glorious gods" like Thor and Odin.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Don't post, just to get your post count up with two liners.

Add to the convo.

And yes, everybody does the two liner from time to time. Some more than others.

I hate the oneliners, followed by...

2nd.

What's up with that? Just lazy in my opinion. Though sometimes it can be funny.

I don't care for this practice either. But I like it even less when I see a mod adding the "Warnings for one-line or short responses" at the bottom of poster's responses. I am not a mincer of words so I don't have long comments, as a rule. I believe I received one once and I also see other posts getting them, so I add the stupid "2nd" to an additional line. Not all the time, because I think it can lessen the impact of a posters message. It is an attempt to dodge a warning from the mods. So when you see that "2nd", just know that the poster may be trying to abide by the rules of this site.

And really, it shouldn't be about the numbers here. Just think quality vs. quantity.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Many people miss the point of the 1-liner rule.

This is a 1-liner:

"Wow. Nice post. S&F."

This is not a 1-liner:

"The video clearly shows an insect as previously stated." (If the OP is about a UFO video.)

This is a 1-liner:

"Because I said so.

2nd line.

3rd line.

4th line.

5th line."

So. It's not about the actual amount of lines in your post. It's about whether your post productively contributed to the thread... It is indeed about quality, not quantity.

This thread explains it best

edit on 29-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join