It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Trillion people affected, 13 Bajillion dollars in damage, Hurricane Sandy and media hype

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Folks this storm was 900 miles wide. In Florida everyone would drive inland. The year that three hurricanes crossed over Orlando, people were driving inland TO Orlando from the Keys. Then in Texas, people's cars ran out of gas in the crazy blockage on the highway driving inland.
This stuff just happens no matter how prepared you think you are.
This whole thing got me thinking about how we think we are so in control of everything, then a massive storm hits and we realize that Nature trumps.
This storm flooded the tunnels in New York too. Fox showed pics of flooding in the streets. As much as I dislike the approach of Bloomberg, he did tell people that if they had not left yet, that it was too late to leave and to hunker down where they were and to not drive anywhere so that emergency vehicles could move around.
edit on 30-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

That was my reaction to your guys' reaction. Not off topic at all. In fact, I think it was rather called-for.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

What am I saying that so "rude"?

No the rudeness is coming from

So again I ask you... what is "all you could do". What is that EXACTLY?
So if that is "rude" of me to say, then so be it, but by saying it I still did more than you have.

You claiming you helped her and hows it go WHAT DID YOU DO..
that my freind is rude as i sat speaking to her making sure she is safe giving her the best advice etc.
Hope that answers your question about what i found rude in your post.

I suggest we move on as the victims are more important i still haven't heard from her i am
worried can you understand my frustration that i need the media ..
edit on 30-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by khimbar

That was my reaction to your guys' reaction. Not off topic at all. In fact, I think it was rather called-for.

Then their reaction isn't off topic either, as it's a reaction to someone elses.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And then those of us who aren't in the vicinity get mad because we want to know the Tigers' scores and instead we're watching a bulletin on a house that is two thirds submerged by Sandy's water breaking.

Oh my, life is just so unfair isn't it? :bnghd:
edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well I personally could give a *&^) about the Tigers score. I'm just not a sports fan. I couldn't even tell you what state the Tigers are in.
I can't help wondering if it's affected any COM towers though.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Then what's your excuse for giving these victims the middle finger?

Really? Show me where i give these victims them middle finger.

I have shown YOU where I warned them of what was to come. I have shared with you my history of the things I have done for victims.

So please, show me here I gave them a middle finger?

I didn't do anything because I was in high school, with no car, no money, and more chances of dying than actually helping those people out. So my lack of action equates to lack of concern? I was an effing kid. I didn't know anything.

You still dont know anything and you still have the mentality of a little kid. You dont know the difference between adults discussing media hype which puts lives in danger and being unsympathetic to those who are the victims.

After years of carefully applied introspection, I understand and observe a lot more stuff now. And don't use me to excuse your own display of heartlessness. I will call you out on that right now. Prove you are better than I am, if you must, and show just an OUNCE of concern for these people who had to abandon their lives to avoid Sandy.[/quote[

I showed my concern by coming on these boards, posting the data, warning people, and then getting flamed for doing so. And guess what? That is still more than what you did. You were just a kid during Rita and Katrina.. but where are your post now? Where was your post yesterday supplying data and telling anyone what to expect?

Hmm does not appear that you made any does it? But I am sure by my posting these things, that is an example of being heartless? And you wonder why I call you a fool.

Again, you are attempting to make me look bad in comparison to you. But if I were to direct everyone to compare all my posts on this thread with all of your posts, what would they see?

They would see that I posted the data, I gave warnings, and that I was not discussing the MEDIA and not the victims. They would also see that you cant tell the difference.

Anyway, this isn't a pissing contest. I am concerned for these people, and for some terrible reason, I am in the process of convincing everyone else that there IS a reason to be concerned. You are one of those people, if I were to judge by your previous posts.

You dont have to convince me of anything. Perhaps that is your problem besides failing to see the difference between discussing victims and discussing the media coverage.

Don't try to make me look like the bad guy. Don't try to pin this on me. I called you out, and you attack something that is irrelevant to the current issue as a defense. You are transparent.

Really, what is irrelevant about warning people yesterday of what is to come? I don't have to make you look bad, you do that all by yourself.

Show some respect and concern for these victims. If you did it for Katrina, surely you can do it for the ATS members and other victims who have suffered personally at the hands of this hurricane. This isn't about me, or about you. It's about them.

Show some respect, please.

Again, show me where I disrespect them? Is it disrespect to speak the truth? Because that is all I have done here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Honestly, if MrWendal were so helpful, he wouldn't be talking to us right now. He'd be in his car and on his way to give rides to everyone who is on foot and trying to drag everything they can to protect their lives from the storm.

But no, he's sitting here arguing about how he's done so much. Moot point, sir, moot point. And to quote Paul the alien:

Annnd that's jenga!

Either get out there and help those poor souls if you're so capable and righteous, or stop being so rude and obnoxious. It's that simple.
edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Was interesting listening to the BBC worldservice, hearing from people in Jamaica and Haiti, who feel all the attention has focused on American cities, while ignoring the destruction that it has caused in these less equipped countries.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

I understand you are worried about your friend. That is something I can understand completely. But if you think the media is going to report on her as an individual, you are sadly mistaken.

I can promise you this... you will hear from her directly before the media tells you how she is doing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Really? Show me where i give these victims them middle finger.

I have shown YOU where I warned them of what was to come. I have shared with you my history of the things I have done for victims.

So please, show me here I gave them a middle finger?

With pleasure:

So it is an area one would have expected to flood from the storm surge. If you stayed in this area, your dumb.

Originally posted by MrWendal

Oh, so the standard is, "If you're that stupid, we have no sympathy for you"?

You people are absolutely f***ing heartless. ATS, I cannot believe your lack of compassion. You have no excuse.

Yes that is what I said. Glad to see you have paid such good attention to my countless post on this topic and didnt cherry pick one to jump on

There you go.

You still dont know anything and you still have the mentality of a little kid. You dont know the difference between adults discussing media hype which puts lives in danger and being unsympathetic to those who are the victims.

*ahem* Refer to the above quoted posts. I don't know the difference? I have OUTLINED the difference using YOUR words. I believe you've dug yourself a hole you can't climb out of. Oh, and start on page 20 if you want to see exactly where I pulled those quotes from.

Are you ready to concede the point and stop making the victims out to be idiots? Because last I knew, that doesn't solve a damn thing. Only makes you look cold and unwelcoming.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thirty Eight dead and that's likely to rise tonight. It is always unwise to speculate on how we will be affected by natural phenomenon.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

In all actuality, I see more posts representing personal opinions degrading the attention given to this natural disaster, than I see news reports doing the same. That's all the last 8 pages are about, actually. Maybe more, I didn't look back that far or I probably would have chucked this computer through the window.

My point stands.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All i am going to say here is people like the OP only tend to post on politics.. I have no doubt him and several others playing down this storm have other reasons for doing so then being angry at "media hype"

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by beezzer

Was interesting listening to the BBC worldservice, hearing from people in Jamaica and Haiti, who feel all the attention has focused on American cities, while ignoring the destruction that it has caused in these less equipped countries.

And yet, again aid is coming to them from other countries. There are articles all over the internet about who they will be receiving aid from.

www.defend.ht... -dead-in-haiti-after-hurricane-sandy

A special task force from the Inter-American Development Bank visit Haiti on Saturday and Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe was able to announced $5 million [US] at their disposal for humanitarian response. Venezuela also announced that it would be sending aid to Haiti.

They are getting at least 5 million so far alone from the US. Believe you me....they have been noticed or they wouldn't be getting pledges like this.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am sorry that the lives of those on the east coast were disrupted by Tropical Storm Sandy. It must have been a horrible ordeal to go through and we all acknowledge that it is a sad and unfortunate event. I hope that people are able to pick up the pieces of their lives quickly and effortlessly. I hope a rainbow shines over all those on this board who feel their plight during the storm was unacknowledged and dissed. I'm thankful the storm was not as bad as it was hyped by the media.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Try to lay off the personal insults and name calling, pretty sure those are tos violations.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ok genius... answer this question...

If you live on a flood plane, and a hurricane is coming your way. The data tells you there will be a 6-12 foot storm surge and low lying areas are going to flood, and once this storm starts they will not send no one to come get you...

does that make you an intelligent person if you choose to stay and then wonder why your street is flooding?

Again, that is not giving a middle finger to victims. That is stating the reality of this situation.

Again, I would not expect a "kid", as you called yourself, to understand the tough choices grown folks have to make.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected

Try to lay off the personal insults and name calling, pretty sure those are tos violations.

I am calling him what he called himself.

If it was such an insult, I am sure the MODs would take care of it quickly.

They are very good at that.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join