Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

70 Trillion people affected, 13 Bajillion dollars in damage, Hurricane Sandy and media hype

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

Why thank you sir! I don't understand the misunderstanding myself, but meh, keyboards toughguys with an attitude do make.

No skin off my back.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

My last 3 lines are not my entire post, my phone freaks and adds extra letters all the time, look at any of my past posts, I just get tired of deleting them all, I didn't realize this was a spelling test, and.....

Time to get a new phone...doesn't seem like a very "smart" phone you are using. Ever try a desktop or laptop or Mac for typing purposes?

Yea well but that kinda takes money and he'll get it eventually, Snip

Jee arent we corrosive... you have to behave a bit nicer if you're trying that hard to be a mod. At least until you get the title - think you can hold it till then?

Personal comment removed. Please see Manners Are Required, Not Requested
edit on 29/10/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

Why thank you sir! I don't understand the misunderstanding myself, but meh, keyboards toughguys with an attitude do make.

No skin off my back.

You still haven't backed up your claim.....still waiting....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
well written Beez

i'll join ya over one of the sanity smokes and welcome ya to the hype we endure every year for months on end

as if the pending weather isn't bad enough on a family's nerves, this constant level of hype can literally induce strokes

i agree with a previous poster about the feeble, disabled and hospital-bound ... what's up with that ?? down here, they are the first out (in evac zones).

considering this isn't a regular event for the target regions, i'm wondering why officials claim "they'll be fine" ... that is truly a puzzling stance.

however, i did hear from a friend in central PA who claims the local Walmart is soldout of any survival type materials. from water, batteries and flashlights to candles, blankets and the like.
he was happy to have gotten some Tequila, jerkey and smokes though

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Booze, beef, and smokes! The 3 essentials for every survival kit. People always forget the relief a few creature comforts can bring. Sure many will be happy with some water and MREs, but a brew and a smoke.....just aaahhh!

Smart guy your friend. I always forget that stuff, until I wish I had it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yep, your "70 Trillion people affected" title line definitely worked out my What the hell? expression.

Funny stuff. Again I might add.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

you funny and so is he

suppose i should remind ya both ... don't forget your magnifying glass
gotta light that smoke ya know.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Damnit! You got me, I did remember the smokes, but I forgot the lighter, and didn't bring a mag glass either
looks I will be cussing and trying to rub wet sticks together....again

JAK

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Let's try and remain On Topic here please and play nicely.

beezzer offered the point that the attention this situation is receiving seems disproportionate.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
But beezer, I quite smoking

Gave up the bottle also.

What do I do now?

I actually love not having the cable television. Well sort of.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

rubbing wet sticks together, now that's a visual

maybe the msm could film you and use it as an instructional ??
might as well add to the hype, right ??

ah heck, one way or another, it's still a good exercise.

as for the coverage being disproportionate, i can't offer a non-biased opinion anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Beez, I have to agree with you! They are really going overboard with this storm, and as usual people eat it up like candy. Anyone on the eastern seaboard should have contingency measures in place when these storms, but carrying on as they always. Should be business as usual. As the media would have it, every natural weather pattern should be considered a doomsday event and people ought to start howling at the moon? So much for, playing it by the numbers when it comes to things like this, or anything news related. Sensationalism gets readers and viewership. If it bleeds, it leads! A fart in the bathtub is now considered a tsunami. That is how our gifted-friends in news media would play it. A bunch of hacks the whole lot of them. Everybody head to the hills Hurricane Sandy is coming!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It's even all over the news over here in the UK.

No offence to you colonials over there, but it really shouldn't be the main headline over and over and over again when we're 3000 miles away from it.

Good day to bury bad neews indeed.

Oh and I've got £10 says feck all will happen and it will all fizzle out.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You are 100% correct Beezzer. I live in the caribbean, we get storms and hurricanes all the time and theres no where to evacuate to! Dont understand the hype at all. Just get supplies and be ready to get bored when power goes out.

And its a cat 1? Lol, I went through a cat.4 back in 98...that was something.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If you hadn't put media hype in the title I could have sworn you were talking about ATS.

The parallels are spooky.

Oh the irony!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Don't forget Movies about Cars

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It's been raining and winding here for 12 hours already ....
And the storm isn't even supposed to make landfall until tonight...
And the EYE isn't even supposed to pass over us until 36 hours from now ...
And this thing has bad/severe weather from Bristol TN to Boston ....
And that's a lot of people in harms way ...

This is the strangest hurricane I've ever been in.
It's freak'n COLD and RAW and MISERABLE.

Everyone needs to be prepared. There are a lot of us who need meds or special foods (autoimmune diet) that require refrigeration. There is a hell of a lot of water coming down .... and coming in .... and a lot of people in harms way.

This isn't hyped. It's a huge FRANKENSTORM ...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We need to remind ourselves that we have "weathered" any number of storms before. After the storm hits, we dry out, make repairs and move on.

This is true, because in this type of situation that is what happens, however, I am a person who believes some hype is needed.

"Things," can always be replaced.

Can a loved one ever be?

If all they hype saves just one life, then I am of the opinion it's well worth it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I understand the point of the OP and do not necessarily disagree but ...

I do believe that they genuinely believe that this is a very dangerous situation and would rather hype it up and be wrong than keep it low key and even more people die. I don't think there is a hype meter to gauge how much hype is required to save people so they are pretty much red lining the hype machine.

Of course there are many conspiracy angles but in this instance I think they are just trying to reach as many people as possible to raise awareness and save lives.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join