It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney caught lying again - then repeating lie after bing called out on it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
When will people wake up and realize this guy is just a lying fool that will say anything to get into office?

Romney told another whopper stating that Jeep would be moving it's jeep production to China, then when corrected by the Jeep company itself, went ahead and repeated the lie...he just doesn't care!!!!

Speaking to voters in Ohio recently, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said that President Barack Obama’s auto bailout has been such a failure that auto-maker Jeep is “thinking of moving all production to China.” Although journalists, and even Chrysler itself, quickly pointed out that claim has absolutely no basis in reality, the campaign did not immediately offer any clarification or correction. On Sunday, it became clear why they didn’t bother. Raw Story (s.tt...)

Why didn't they bother? Because they had just released a tv add repeating the lie.

Please, people that support Romney, how can you support a man that repeatedly lies and flip flops on all issues?

Romney caught lying again

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Odd conflict with this.

October 25, 2012 -- Washington Examiner

In a Bloomberg interview, Jeep's president said the automaker plans to restore Jeep production in China, suspended in 2009, and is considering making all Jeeps in China. "Fiat SpA, majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers' operations in the region," reported the business wire service.

Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia and president of the Jeep brand, told Bloomberg "We're reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity" as well as "should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio" to China.

Jeep, an Obama favorite, looks to shift production to China

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You mean a right wing propaganda outlet, misconstrued an article from Bloomberg to make it sound as if Obama is shipping jobs to china?

Well what a shock!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by xuenchen

You mean a right wing propaganda outlet, misconstrued an article from Bloomberg to make it sound as if Obama is shipping jobs to china?

Well what a shock!

can we get confirmation that they denied saying all this ?

Oct 22, 2012 -- Bloomberg

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

Fiat is in “very detailed conversations” with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), about making Jeeps in the world’s largest auto market, said Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia. Chrysler hasn’t built Jeeps there since before Fiat took control in 2009.

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s Auburn Hills, Michigan, headquarters. “We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”

Chrysler, which entered an alliance with Turin, Italy-based Fiat as part of its U.S. government-backed bankruptcy, is relying on growth in China to counter weakness in Europe’s auto market. The automaker is targeting 500,000 annual sales outside North America by 2014, more than triple its overseas deliveries in 2009.

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's the entire article that the Washington Examiner decided to cherry pick from

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s Auburn Hills, Michigan, headquarters. “We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”

I guess the Examiner decided to ignore this next quote from Manley..

Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.

Bloomberg

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I guess Romney read the article Fox has and decided to ignore Chrysler itself or he couldn’t go off script.

Although journalists, and even Chrysler itself, quickly pointed out that claim has absolutely no basis in reality, the campaign did not immediately offer any clarification or correction. On Sunday, it became clear why they didn’t bother.

Romney’s misleading claim about Jeep is now a television ad designed to push back against criticism of Romney’s prior stance, which he explained in a 2008 editorial titled “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt.” The carefully worded ad doesn’t repeat Romney’s objectively misleading claim that Jeep is moving to China, but it does leave viewers with that impression, and it accomplishes this by leaving out two very important pieces of context.

The Romney campaign told Huffington Post reporter Sam Stein that the ad is based on a story that appeared last week in Bloomberg News. However, that story says quite plainly that Jeep’s president, Fiat CEO Mike Manley, “referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China” (emphasis added).

Chrysler published a statement Thursday that abruptly corrects Romney while not mentioning him by name, explaining that the allegation is “a leap that would be difficult even for professional circus acrobats.” Chrysler’s statement added that “Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments.”

Raw Story (s.tt...)

Now that its in print he should be able to understand.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Odd conflict with this.

October 25, 2012 -- Washington Examiner

In a Bloomberg interview, Jeep's president said the automaker plans to restore Jeep production in China, suspended in 2009, and is considering making all Jeeps in China. "Fiat SpA, majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers' operations in the region," reported the business wire service.

Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia and president of the Jeep brand, told Bloomberg "We're reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity" as well as "should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio" to China.

Jeep, an Obama favorite, looks to shift production to China

Not quite fair to call Romney a liar, now is it......

[score one for xuenchen
]

--------------------

[On a side note: ALL politicians lie..... it's not a right or left thing, it's a politician thing.
]

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The tariffs on SUVs and trucks are outrageous coming from overseas that’s why so many foreign auto makers build them here in the states.

I thought Romney was supposed to be a business man he should know that a move like that would bankrupt a company…..Oh wait….no wonder he thought that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not that Romney's much better, but Obama has no compunctions about shipping jobs overseas, despite his ridiculous rhetoric and propaganda otherwise. And the gushing idiots in the media will back up anything pro-Obama in an embarrassing way.

When it comes to whoppers, the Repubs do not have a monopoly. One might just as easily ask why Obama openly lied in the Presidential debates on the Benghazi issue. After his whole team, including himself, blamed the attack on the goofy youtube video for weeks, he denied it to Rom's and America's face just because he used the word "terror" in his propaganda the day after the attacks (followed by his fundraising trip).

When it comes to shipping jobs overseas, both guys are likely to lie (It is cheaper to run factories in China. Jobs will continue to go there- granted it will be much worse under Obama with his pandering to Unions). And maybe even when it comes to foreign policy. But we know for a fact that at least one of them has so little respect for the intelligence of the American people as to believe such a silly, manufactured story as the one they were pushing could be believed by anyone capable of independent thought.

And the empty suit false messiah's obedient little sheep, Candy Crowley, knowingly covered for him.

Both men are corporate statist whores, but one has failed on every possible level. Any country who rewards failure deserves their assured collapse.

History will not treat this buffoon well.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
ah come on guys, it's always all about the output

i'm surprised Romney or his campaign missed that

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My god, some people are TRULY sucking up the lies that Mitt Romney is feeding them

Mitt Romney is a pathological liar

This is an official post from CHRYSLER regarding the comments made by Mitt Romney

"Despite clear and accurate reporting, the take has given birth to a number of stories making readers believe that Chrysler plans to shift all Jeep production to China from North America, and therefore idle assembly lines and U.S. workforce," Ranieri wrote. "It is a leap that would be difficult even for professional circus acrobats.

"Let’s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China," he continued. "It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments."

Chrysler LLC

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Let's play devils advocate here:

According to Obama, GM does everything right. It offers high-paying jobs to American workers. It invests at home. GM put American manufacturing back in the high-tech race on American soil. The new GM is good for America, and America is good for GM, as a former GM chairman declared in 1953. GM is back where it should be.

What about him not doing his homework and distort the facts on GM.
Not out sourcing to other countries......yeah, right.

Obama's words at a Colorado pep rally.......

“The American automobile industry has come roaring back…So now I want to say what we did with the auto industry, we can do it in manufacturing across America. Let’s make sure advanced, high-tech manufacturing jobs take root here, not in China. And that means supporting investment here. Governor Romney … invested in companies that were called ‘pioneers’ of outsourcing. I don’t want to outsource. I want to insource.”

Now then, the reality is this:

To be exact:
GM’s December 31, 2011 annual report shows General Motors of North America accounting for 98,000 of the 207,000 GM jobs worldwide.
But 12,000 of these jobs are in Canada and 11,500 are in Mexico.
Accordingly, GM has 74,500 jobs in the United States and 122,500 abroad, even after Obama’s touted surge in Detroit jobs.
Almost two thirds of GM’s jobs are in other countries. GM’s outsourcing is not a slip. GM clearly states that foreign investment and outsourcing of jobs are an integral parts of its growth strategy.

www.forbes.com...

All politicians have this disease of , let's see how to put it delicately, um, failure to do their homework and distort the truth to suit their need, especially in a time of election.

All parties are guilty ------ none are excluded -------
Applies to Congress/Senate also as well as presidents or wanna be presidents.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Obama saved the U.S. Auto industry.

If you want to twist the facts to suit your beliefs then go ahead, but the truth is that millions more would be unemployed if Obama hadn't approved the bail out for the car industry.

Under Capitalism a corporation can do almost anything in order to make more profits, and if that means expanding production to other countries then they are free to do that.

But that's going off topic.

Mitt Romney is a liar

that's the topic

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Looking at the timelines of the conflicting statements.....

I think Chrysler in fact did make the original statements and then the phones rang off the hooks.

Then a week later they change the story.

Guess who made the 3am calls

The Obama Campaign works in strange ways.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Your answer to how Romney lied about Chrysler is b-b-b-but GM manufactures in other countries.

How is that even an argument. It seems more like deflecting.

How many times does Romney need to be caught lying until people start admitting he is a liar. You are only lying to yourselves on this.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Looking at the timelines of the conflicting statements.....

I think Chrysler in fact did make the original statements and then the phones rang off the hooks.

Then a week later they change the story.

Guess who made the 3am calls

The Obama Campaign works in strange ways.

And I call that fan fiction but you aren’t a fan. So hate fiction?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Obama saved the U.S. Auto industry.

If you want to twist the facts to suit your beliefs then go ahead, but the truth is that millions more would be unemployed if Obama hadn't approved the bail out for the car industry.

Under Capitalism a corporation can do almost anything in order to make more profits, and if that means expanding production to other countries then they are free to do that.

But that's going off topic.

Mitt Romney is a liar

that's the topic

Calm down......

First off, I never said one word about the auto industry.....

I was merely making a point on how ALL politicians distort facts.
I just used this as a reference to show that they are both the same when it comes to not checking the facts first before they open their mouth.
Or rather their speech writers.......

And how am I twisting the facts?
It's a quote by Obama...
And the actual facts were stated.

This thread was about Romney lying about Jeep sending it's production to China.

Every one was so quick to jump on that like he is the only politician to lie.
And if there happened to be an article stating one thing, while Jeep claimed other wise, it might could be passed off as an over sight. If Jeep decided against it after the article was printed.

However, I brought up the Obama gaff because it is similar to the thread subject, yet only made by a different candidate.
[Obama tried to claim GM didn't out source when in reality they do.....they have more people employed out of this country than in]
And that fits in with the title....Romney tried saying Jeep was going to send jobs to China, when in fact it was incorrect despite the article that xuenchen supplied.

I'm Independent, so I could care less.
I quit quibbling over this one lying vs. that one lying a long time ago, because one thing I've learned over these years is no one has the market when it comes to lies.

I reiterate: ALL politicians lie....

The only issue I have when it come to "mis-truth" is when it concerns our over all security and well being.

But that's for another time...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Did Romney Really lie ?

According to the Detroit Free Press, Romney stated during an Ohio rally,

“I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China.”

""I saw a story today""

""is THINKING of moving all production to China""

That's all he saw and that's all he said.

Buzz !! Big Over-reaction

Romney is Right About Chrysler / Jeep China Outsourcing

The biased media and the Obama team are claiming Romney was wrong as Chrysler recently flip-flopped and attempted to clarify its comments by now saying that it may only move SOME of the Jeep manufacturing to China. Fair enough. The fact remains, a bailed out auto company (Chrysler) that was given to the Italians (Fiat) by the Obama Administration is likely to move at least some, if not eventually all, production of Jeeps to China. Taxpayers paid billions of dollars for the bailout and now it appears jobs will be lost to China just as Obama accuses Romney of being the outsourcer. And there is absolutely no justification to accuse Romney of being wrong, as he accurately interpreted the original story.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Your answer to how Romney lied about Chrysler is b-b-b-but GM manufactures in other countries.

How is that even an argument. It seems more like deflecting.

How many times does Romney need to be caught lying until people start admitting he is a liar. You are only lying to yourselves on this.

Once again, calm down.....

I never made excuses or denied Romney lied.

Those that despise Romney so bad are forgetting that he is not the only one to lie.....

I merely brought up a same situation where Obama was caught "distorting" the truth at a pep rally.
[hence why I stated "devils advocate"...
]

Both are similar in subject matter.

One claimed that Jeep was going to send the production to China-------FALSE
One claimed that GM does not out source ---------FALSE

2 different candidates that were caught with disinformation.

My point in all this was ALL politicians do this.

I don't know if it's their speech writers fault for not checking the facts or just plain out not thinking out a response before they open their mouths but both clearly mis-spoke, no doubt about that.

Lying politicians have been around since the government was created.
[both parties]
Ain't nothing going to change now.

PEACE
snarky

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Always funny to see the Republican zombies reduced to blabbering after Romney gets exposed time after time.

I guess the official quote from Chrysler that states that they are not shutting down plants in the U.S. isn't good enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join