It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sincere Christians Only please - my faith is being tested and shaken

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
True faith would not need to be questioned. It comes from inside and has nothing to do with theological beliefs. Maybe the fact that your questioning your faith is your sub-conscious's way of telling you to rethink what you've been doing with your life and time.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lr7gmx
With everything that is going on in the world I am becoming more and more frightened. New Agers or scientists are preaching the Marduk theory and that messes with my mind. I am a conservative Protestant Christian and am struggling to maintain my faith. Is there anyone listening to my pleas?

Mick

Hm, what is your faith in? Faith in conservative Protestant Christianity, or in Father + Jesus Christ?

Remember... Jesus Christ was against the precepts upon precepts ordained by the Pharisees that made it impossible to go into Heaven...

Another question to ask is: Who are the Pharisees today? Are we seeing a similar cycle today like that of Jesus's time?
edit on 29-10-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

God hears your plea. You do not even have to speak and He knows.

You know what you must do to keep your faith. God is not going to give you a sign just because you stumbled.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Let me piggy back on that,

God will not give you a sign unless you need it,

Father knows your needs,

If you need a sign to keep your faith or if your eternal destiny is in jeopardy, He will provide,

Just put yourself, body, soul, and spirit under the Shadow of the Almighty and His Body, Soul, and Spirit and you'll be all set

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

The Pharisees today are the apostate Jews, aka "Ultra Orthodox or Orthodox Jews",

they are the descendents of the Pharisees who helped condemned the Lion of Judah,

There are some Catholic-Christians and some Christians of scattered denominations who have pharisaic tendencies, but no man who has accepted Messiah can be a true "Pharisee" (unless he's only accepted Messiah with his lips and not his heart, but now we're getting technical.... we're leading into 'pharisee' territory, lol
)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

Is there anyone listening to my pleas?

Mick, the answer is clearly YES!

If it's answers your looking for, here is a real good place to start:

Francis Chan asks one poignant question: "What would the church look like today if we really stopped taking control of it and let the Holy Spirit lead?"

What is church?

Who is it for?

Is it broken?

Can it be better?

BASIC is a seven-part series of short films that challenges us to reclaim the church as Scripture describes it to be.

This series speaks to those who have questions about the church and to those who may have lost interest in the church.

What is church?

You are church.

I am church.

We are church.

BASICseries

LINKS

Francis Chan Live - Is God Hearing Your Prayers?
What Are You Living For? - Francis Chan
The Purpose of Your Life by Francis Chan
Living a Life That Matters
Francis Chan - "Giving up"
When God Doesn't Listen by Francis Chan
THE BIGGEST LIE IN YOUR LIFE
CRAZY LOVE - Introduction
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 1 (Stop Praying)
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 2
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 3
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 4
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 5
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 6
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 7
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 8
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 9
CRAZY LOVE - Chapter 10
LIVING WITH JOY - Francis Chan
Francis Chan - Living in light of Eternity
Francis Chan - Why People Hate Church

edit on 29-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

May I ask how long you have been walking in your walk with Christ? The reason I ask is before I came under the Lordship of Christ in 86 I never had any Mormons, JW or any one bother me. As soon as I came into relationship Jesus that is when the JW, Mormons, books like holy grail holy blood the baby gospels and several other items came to my attention. The point is the enemy will try to knock you off your faith.

The 12 planet and Z.S. and nebure and all that to me is fallen angels. Stichen says that the anaknuki are one who from heven came. If you read the first line of the OT it says in the beginning God created, and the earth was without form and void. Isaiah says that God created everything whole that is why there are no transitional fossils.

Some believe that the gap of when the earth was formed and when it became void was when Satan fell from heaven. Do a study on the gap theory. Do a study of the day of the Lord in the OT that will scare the devil out of you every thing that will happen that day and the days leading up to it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is what you should do:

Go to a conspiracy website and post your ridiculous problem. Then ask people to only answer you one way so as not to offend your delicate nature.

Next you are going to want to ignore anything that does not suit your liking or threatens what you now think. If anything disagrees with what you have been taught just disregard it and pretend it never happened. Do the same when you make a mistake or do something unholy and you get caught.

If you follow these simple rules you should be well on your way to a well rounded view on your religion.

P.S. Avoid EVERYONE who is not exactly like you and ALWAYS ask for help on a website like ATS.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

With everything that is going on in the world I am becoming more and more frightened. New Agers or scientists are preaching the Marduk theory and that messes with my mind. I am a conservative Protestant Christian and am struggling to maintain my faith. Is there anyone listening to my pleas?

Mick

A theory is not a fact; it is someone's imagination planned out on paper.

IF you had delved into proper research instead of wavering in the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ, you would learned more friend.

If you are frightened by what others are saying, then you have believed indeed; but Satan does intend to make you think otherwise.

You should RESEARCH FURTHER. Running away from those things which appear to, at first, discredit Jesus Christ, you should research and learn so that you are able to discredit it. You see, there are many people who believe in a lot of the ridiculous evil garbage that is called "history" and "science" today. While history cannot be proven empirically, true science can - and you need to learn to differentiate between real science and theoretical science - and you need to learn this quickly.

As well, knowing better all the theories and mythologies of men will increase your ability to be able to witness to those that are well-versed also in those areas and believe in those things.

Though you may not necessarily be called to do that, pray that you are. Pray for wisdom and knowledge and learn about the world instead of shying from it.

What you are discussing here is the NUMBER ONE reason for Christian's failing in their faith.
The number two reason is that some Christians see OTHERS failing in their faith.

There is one who calls himself a Christian here at home. His attitude reveals that he never was - but that he thought that as soon as you become a Christian that everything in your life will magically get better and God will give you His power to use indiscriminately as you please. Some protestants refer to this as "being on fire". Being on fire it certainly is.

This seed fell on hard soil - and the sun came up and the heat got to the sprout and it shriveled up and died.

If you are not truly believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, then you will waiver.

COMMUNICATE WITH HIM EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!

He is always there. Why would you ever ignore Him?

Of course, there will be times when you are thinking your own thing or doing your own thing. But the more that you give those thoughts to Him, converse with Him about your thoughts, your actions, your choices -- all things that you do -- EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO...

You will see His power so much that you will literally wonder if you're living in the same reality as everyone else. You will wonder how you did not ever see the truth -- you will see everything for what it really is instead of seeing it the way that your limited flesh can now see.

There are many that mean well - but meaning well is not doing well. While their hearts are pure and they are forgiven their ignorance, you need to pray for those who give you advice that leads you astray and causes a problem.

WE ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM THE PROBLEMS OF THE WORLD!

However, we are given the power of the Holy Spirit to overcome those same problems. But do not expect magic tricks; for this is not the manner in which the Lord intends to work. His miracles will be however HE chooses them to be. He desires that the Father is glorified in His works - and that we should desire that He is glorified in our works - that He might glorify us by revealing His power through us also so that we might be true witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ that others may also be saved, which is His primary purpose and goal.

Because His primary purpose and goal is that all men might be saved, we must learn as much as we can so that we are able to witness to as many people as possible.

Also, there is another thing you really need to start understanding: the churches of men today are NOT of Christ. Though His name is used in these churches, they no longer belong to Him. Satan has nearly taken over all of the churches now with apostate doctrines and philosophies and politics and sciences and rituals and even hatred (though there are those that teach against those things which are bad; there are also those who teach against those things that are bad by using hatred instead of truth -- these are Satan in disguise designed to make non-Christians hate Christ so that they will not come to Him - but everyone knows that Christ does not spew hate, but only the TRUTH! - but do not take this to mean that Christ is not harsh - because He IS harsh when He needs to be. If you are looking for someone to guide you that is ONLY gentle, then you need to go elsewhere - because we are flesh and we require that some things are not gentle so that we learn more quickly and more productively - or else why is there suffering at all?)

Jesus Christ IS Lord

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is just an add-on to Tarzans excellent post above:

There is a stealth agenda behind all false religion and virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom has been infiltrated.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Satan has infiltrated organized religion

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
perhaps your inner conflict arises from your logical, critically thinking part of your brain that is telling you that your faith doesnt provide you with real answers, what kind of advice is ''pray to god'' or ''put your faith in the lord''? perhaps your conscious is telling you that you really dont believe in the christian propaganda you've probably been force fed from such a young age that its become impossible for you to know what is true, and what you've been told by other men, words of other men who say they represent god. They may think or say they represent god, but they are just more words from men, and they have no more merit than words from any other man.

You dont need god to find answers to the questions you seek, you need to utilise your mind to critically analyse how you feel about things the way they are, and why you feel that way, dont blame god, or look to him for answers, for the answers you seek are already available to you, but perhaps your faith wont let you hear those answers.

oh and good luck trying to get a reply from christians only, your in the wrong part of town buddy.

sincerly yours,

your friendly neighborhood aethiest

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Murgatroid I have posted a message on your wall or I have sent you a message, one of the two. I can't remember exactly which I did, but you never replied! Maybe you haven't checked it.

Apparently there is a lot of information you can find online concerning Satan's church - which is not the body of Christ at all, but claims that it is so that the world will be deceived.

I am very glad to see sometimes that there are others in the Lord. It is so rare a thing that it makes me so happy to see. And I am surprised by how many frequent Above Top Secret. Of the ones I know, I think I can start counting on two hands now. I am sure there are more, and there are more that are watching.

It also makes me sad that there also are so few apparent sometimes.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

See if you can find a copy of the Apocalypse of Peter. There are a number of books of the Gospel never printed/published by the catholic church. This is 1 of them. For a time, it was in consideration by the catholic church to be published as the Book of Revelations. We have not been given the whole story. 12 Disciples. Each wrote their witness of the life of Jesus. Not just 4.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Mick

Wanna know who God is? He is Jesus. Know what God's tetragrammaton name YHWH means? It means "behold the hand, behold the nail" or "behold the nailed hand".

Now you know the truth when these pundits try to throw that crap at you. Our God is not Marduk, his name is Jesus. Jesus created us, what gives you life is your God.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Truth is out there but you have to really want to find it! Sounds like you are close, very close!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

Whenever the devil tries to muddle up the clear truth of the gospel, I always go through a systematic review of why I believe in Jesus and in the Bible. Here is a synopsis of my check list.

1) Review the amazing undeniable fulfilled Biblical prophecies. These include things like the prophesied rebirth of Israel (has any other ancient nation been restored like this) and the fact that the arrival of Jesus precisely fulfill Daniel's 70 weeks prophecies to the very day. Oh but there is so much more!
www.reasons.org...

2) I recall my own personal experience with the supernatural, including prophetic visions and dreams the Lord has given me as well as demonic manifestations when I was not walking with the Lord. Especially memorable are the times that demons fled when proclaiming the name of Jesus.

3) I remember all the incredible answered prayers. This includes times the Lord has healed me, protected me and guided me in his service. For example the Lord directed me to talk to a perfect stranger who, I later found out, was contemplating suicide.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You should be scared. Your religion is falling apart. Where is your god? Show me: where is your perverted, measily god?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Where is Jesus.....OH WAIT! There is no proof that he existed let alone became resurrected. Go
get a clue r and call me in the morning.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munku
You should be scared. Your religion is falling apart. Where is your god? Show me: where is your perverted, measily god?

You should be careful with your words, you might just meet him one day. And by the way it's humans that are perverted, not God. And if you cared enough to read scripture you would start to see how prophecy unfolds. And there are laws set forth in creation that Im sure God respects so that we can exist for a time. Sorry to say but your in a box.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Oh for the love of the gods, let's not get into a religous debate. It's an endless argument. The post here was to help this fellow ATS member find what he truly believes in, so stop trying to disprove his faith (even though I am not a supporter). This thread was for legitimate christians to tell him what he wanted to hear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join