It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sincere Christians Only please - my faith is being tested and shaken

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Isaiah 41:10New American Standard Bible (©1995)
'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

this verse has help me many times in the past.
i have lost everything i had due to the bad economy, and still trying to rebuild.
all i can say is, there is a plan, hold on to your faith and things will come out fine.
many times i prayed for things to turn out a certain way and they didn't. God says no sometimes for our own good.
when i looked back and thought about the out comes i see how it worked for the best.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Do not be frightened. Instead, be happy that our Lord is very near in coming. The things that are happening around the world were prophesied long ago, and they are happening just as we were told they would. No matter what happens to us here on this planet, we know what will come afterwards. The tiny speck of time we spend in this world is NOTHING compared to the eternity of peace, happiness, and love that we will experience when all is said and done.

Satan is certainly walking around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour, because he knows he has very little time left. The one thing he wants is for people to dwell on the negative things, because that takes their eyes and their hearts off of God and His Son Jesus. Like Peter, we have all taken our eyes off the Lord at one point or another, and became scared, and so sank into the stormy sea.

Jesus came to earth without His heavenly glory, so as to allow Him to be able to be put to through all of life's trials and tribulations just as we are subjected to. He was in all ways tempted as we are, yet without sin. He understands our hearts, and He understands why and how we fear the things that we fear. He knows what it is like to have temptations thrown in our face day after day. When we cry out to Him, He hears our voices, just as He heard Peter when he cried out, "Lord, save me". He is still the same caring, loving, saving, Lord and Savior He has been since the beginning of time.

Things are going to get crazier in the near future on this planet. All the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, along with the wars, rumors of wars, economic hardship, storms, solar flares, comets, and other things that are going on are all signs which Jesus told us would happen, and that when they do happen, we can start looking up, because our redemption is very near.

Luke 21:25-28(KJV)
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

2 Timothy 1:7(KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

John 14:29(KJV)
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

1 Corinthians 2:9(KJV)
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

John 16:33(KJV)
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 4:4(KJV)
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

Luke 17:21

Psalm 46:10

Stop listening to the voices without and listen to the voice within... Stop listening to what others tell you God has said and find out for yourself.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
My question is, do you seriously only look or listen to "Christian" advice only ?
Because that's kind of what I understand here. If so, sad, very sad...

Jesus wasn't even a Christian, so technically he couldn't even participate in your thread.

edit on 28-10-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

Give me a break -it is not sad at all. He is entitled to seek advice from whoever he chooses. He wants to communicate with someone like-minded. So much crazy advice gets posted here, I think it is wise to attempt to separate the sheep from the wolves.

Not calling you a wolf type. You might have noble intentions, Just saying no need to criticize someone with a faith related problem asking for help from another Christian.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just be like the Christ and know and share His Love. That is all that matters

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lr7gmx
With everything that is going on in the world I am becoming more and more frightened. New Agers or scientists are preaching the Marduk theory and that messes with my mind. I am a conservative Protestant Christian and am struggling to maintain my faith. Is there anyone listening to my pleas?

Mick

Your brothers and sisters of your faith might have better luck helping you if you tell them what is shaking your faith. There are two reasons to believe in Christianity. Fear or Love. If fear keeps you with the church and you become fearless, you will lose faith. If love keeps you with the church and you lose your passion, you will lose faith.

Which category do you fall in? I'm hoping you have simply become fearless and just need to see the love of your faith to fill the void.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Point taken - thanks. My curiosity got ahead of my courtesy.

I probably should not have even gotten involved in this thread in the first place because I am not a bible reading christian - which it appears that is the advice he/she is looking for. Just couldn't help myself. It's all good.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
these two verse always helped me too.

Proverbs 3:5-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This will be my next thread:
Sincere Muslims Only please - my faith is being tested and shaken

With everything that is going on in the world I am becoming more and more frightened. New Agers or scientists are preaching the Marduk theory and that messes with my mind. I am a conservative Muslim and am struggling to maintain my faith. Is there anyone listening to my pleas? Boubi booboo

Mustapha

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Perhaps fear.

edit on 29-10-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Don't worrie the Marduk theory is crap , no need to stress .

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm no longer a christian but I will be sincere. Correct me if I'm wrong but Marduk theory is also Planet X/Nibiru.

Unless you actually experience something that proves to you that your belief in Jesus is wrong then why question it. There is nothing that says a polar shift due to a celestial body flying by every so often disproves god and Christ.

edit on 29-10-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Never heard of Marduk theory, why would some obscure theory shake anyone's faith. What garbage theorists and extremists of all backgrounds don't understand is this, You can believe in science and in addition to science you can also believe there is a Supreme Being sitting on a throne. You can believe in both, period. Do they contradict each other? No they do not, unless you enjoy finding those contradictions, if you honestly love living in a world of contradictions I recommend you become a Muslim and work at a bacon factory.

Science doesn't say God doesn't exist, science says they don't know anything about God. To say science should know something about God is to say science should know about a system on the far end of the universe. Does that system on the far end of the universe exist? why not, do we know anything about it? no. Because we have not observed it does it mean it doesn't exist? no. Will science ever observe every corner of the universe? no.

God is the father of facts, father of all things including science. I imagine the scientists who love to imagine that they may be brightest minds in the universe feel intimidated by even the thought that their minds are nothing compared to the mind that knows all things, so they push that possibility out the window, because it's an inconvenient possibility, they know not that their own minds are powered by the source and intelligence of infinite intelligence, from the source that is the Supreme Being.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
reply to post by lr7gmx

Listen and put faith to your inner self to find true spiritual freedom.

Organized religion lends more questions than answers and they love taking your money!

I happen to agree highly with this thought... it’s a money game with most churches.

Christ is within you, seek and you will find the truth, no church can teach that. The bible is full of parables, each parable has a different meaning to each individual, and this is why we must study his word.

There is a parable that speaks of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters, and kings committed adultery with her, etc… to me I have a firm belief that is the United States and not Rome as many others will say. I have not changed my opinion on that yet, but all I can truly do is ask for understanding and guidance from the spirit.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

eOh cry me a river. My faith was obliterated at 4 years old by tptb.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

Are you unaware about the rapture. As soon hell breaks lose, you will taken out of trouble. He, God, will do that on the most precious time, at the last minute. Keep having faith and live day by day. Or one day at the time... sweet Jesus!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

If you know your faith is "right" then why question it ?

For the record i think our god is the universe

The sun of god brings the light "sun"

JAK

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Not sure I'm welcome, noting the title but here's something for you lr7gmx:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lr7gmx

I am an Orthodox Christian. As i have learned from my religion and from my deep research Orthodoxy is the only true religion as it explains everything.

From what i have found and learned, satan controls the "powerful" people of this world, except Putin, and as Orthodoxy is the only way to understand what happens around you and see the truth, he tries to attack Christians and make them follow him.

I am not a fanatic, i am a person that was in your situation 10 years ago. I searched, i read, i prayed and finally i saw the truth. The saints of the Orthodox Church spoke about our periods and how satan will challenge humanity. GOD will only help us if we pray cause we don't follow his word in every step.

Let me prove you simply( i will do my best with my english) that darwin or the theory of the Big-Bang for example are wrong. The theory of the Big-bang says in a few words that before the beginning of time powerful energy was gathered in one small point and then it explouded creating the universe. I know say to the genious that created this theoryl; where this energy came from?
They don't know. However, if we think that GOD created this energy and made the Big - bang then all are explained. If you think were GOD came from then the answer it's simple. If you knew it you would be GOD. Then comes Darwin with his "huge theory". The theory of evolution says that life, in every form it appears today, was created by one cell which was created under the appropriate circumstances. And how a cell, or better how life, can be created from nothing? The geniouses that created this theory just don't know. However, if we think that GOD created life then all are explained. So simple! The creation of the universe didn't happened in a week a Genesis say but in billions of years. The Orthodox Church accepts it!

See my friend Cristian everything is explain through Church. And because of that satan doesn't want us to learn the truth and go near GOD so he tries to take us away from him through the system of false and unreal information he has created.

Believe in GOD is my advice. Pray asking GOD to help you with everything, even if it needs a long time do it and have faith! Above all you must believe! Then the truth will come to you through HIM as it came to me!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by samsamm9
My question is, do you seriously only look or listen to "Christian" advice only ?
Because that's kind of what I understand here. If so, sad, very sad...

Jesus wasn't even a Christian, so technically he couldn't even participate in your thread.

edit on 28-10-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

Give me a break -it is not sad at all. He is entitled to seek advice from whoever he chooses. He wants to communicate with someone like-minded. So much crazy advice gets posted here, I think it is wise to attempt to separate the sheep from the wolves.

Not calling you a wolf type. You might have noble intentions, Just saying no need to criticize someone with a faith related problem asking for help from another Christian.
Actually, I feel there IS a need to criticize. No matter the intentions of the OP, this was not the right forum for this. If one wanted a serious conversation, solely with Christians, then one should go to a forum that is dedicated to Christianity and its mythology, not ATS.

What the OP did was tantamount to walking in to a crowded party, shouting at the top of your lungs "I am here to talk to people, but ONLY if you are the same religion as me," and then wondering why everyone else finds your request inappropriate.

You want to limit your conversation to Christians? Then go to a Christian "party," (i.e. "Christianforums.com"). Don't come to the open-door party that is ATS and ask others to respect your request that they not look at you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join