It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK here we go............

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The rest of the western world envies your prices

Enjoy the cheap gas while it lasts

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Bush took it over to slow the flow down. Iraq was putting out too much driving down the prices. Plus he was or had moved away from selling it in dollars just like Lybia from what I got out of the whole thing...

Plus the dollar has been devalued a lot supposedly..
edit on 29-10-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What gets me, and I was recently guilty of this: I stopped to get gas the other day and got excited because it was 3.09 a gallon. Then I realized that 9 years ago I payed 1.10 or less most of the time. I remember being mad because gas hit 1.80 a gallon. I would love to pay that now!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
The rest of the western world envies your prices

Enjoy the cheap gas while it lasts

Looks to me like the rest of the western world should quit envying our prices, and ask their government why the hell they tax their petro at 100%.

You level out your taxes, and you are not paying that much more than us. Considering the amount of oil that we produce, that would seem reasonable.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Perhaps it's because there can only be one reserve currency of the world.

Which actually answers Slayers Q as well.

We invaded about half a year after Iraq announced it was going to dump the petrodollar standard.

So it was to keep the price low, indirectly, by ensuring our currency remains the most circulated for some time yet.

edit on 29-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Gas is on average $3:15 per gallon.

Run with it......

Explain to me why this is after Bush took the supposed mother load in Iraq.......

You can't be serious.

Where is Slayer and what did you do with him?

You should know as well as anyone that politicians, President or not,. in America don't dictate what the price of gas is going to be. The market is too international and too many of the people who make the big decisions aren't Americans anyway.

Besides which, it's supply and demand. As long as we demand it they're going to supply it. The higher the demand, the higher the price.

A whopping 64 percent of the oil America used in June of 2009 was imported. However, the major source of America's oil imports may surprise you. It's Canada. Twenty-one percent of the oil imported to the United States in June of 2009 came from Canada, making Canada the largest single-country source of foreign oil for the United States. America even imports more oil from Canada than it does all Persian Gulf countries combined; nations from the Persian Gulf region supplied just 13 percent of America's oil in June of 2009 Despite Canada (which is stable and friendly to American interests) being the largest foreign source of oil and gas for the United States, Ottawa still doesn't produce the majority of oil America imports. That distinction belongs to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, or OPEC. The 11 OPEC member nations span the globe and include oil-rich nations like Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. In June of 2009, OPEC supplied 40 percent of the oil that was imported to the United States [source: Energy Information Administration].

For clarification, what that's saying is that Canada is the one country we get the most oil from, but OPEC as an entity brings in more, with Venezuela being the top dog there. The middle east plays a very small role in all of this, so why people think otherwise is beyond me. All this information I just posted for you? It took 5 minutes dude. And another 5 to comprehend it. C'mon.

Source

www.opec.org...

This is Business 101 Slayer............Or whoever you are. Get some sleep. I don't have time to write your threads for you.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Gas is on average $3:15 per gallon.

Run with it......

Explain to me why this is after Bush took the supposed mother load in Iraq.......

High gas prices are part of Obama's energy policy. He flat out said it was.

No president has any real impact on gas prices. Obama and Bush didn't, if Romney wins he wont either. It doesn't matter who the president is, Jesus could come back and take over America and he still wouldn't have any real impact on the price. Gas is traded globally, and America doesn't produce enough, even with that pipeline that became a political talking point we still wouldn't be significant enough.

Gas prices only becomes a talking point in politics because it's easy points scored off people who don't understand it. Both parties use it at their convince.

Before I get dismissed as an Obama groupie, no I'm not voting for him, and even Fox news made this point repeatedly while Bush was in office.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is nothing new, this how they get prices up with out people noticing. The reason for our gas going up was because we were at war (WERE) we are supposedly not at war with afghans or Iraq, and were not driving all over the desert any more wasting it. So then, why is it ALL still going up? People are losing jobs left and right, food isn't supposed to go up , yet , it is. And now they realize, oh crap, people are going to realize, and that's why were are starting anything we can over there so we can say, look its still high because we are at war still, with these new countries.

IT A FRIGGIN LIE

Same thing before Korean,w1,w2, Vietnam, Iraq 1,iraq 2, price goes up. We blame price increase on war, war ends, price stays the same, and no one questions it because hey, at least we arent at war anymore. hahah greatest scam ever , well next to 9/11. Gas was around 2 dollars when I got my car 5 years ago, I know I just paid it off (yay me) it used to cost me, 40-45 dollars to fill up tank, it now cost 80-95 dollars,
HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!!! We have one of the worlds largest supplies of oil, plenty of room for refineries, plenty of people with money to make those things happen. So why arent they? haha ask your elected leader ^^ gas and food will never go down again, oh yah sure 10-30 cents here and there on gas, wont go back down to 1.45-2.00 dollars and food clothing ect, hell no, costs will go down for companies, guarantee you price stays the same for consumers.

It will never go down unless we do a nation wide boycott of x,y,z products. But no one has any backbone anymore and would never EVER do anything that might upset the ebb and flow of stupidity in this country. but that is exactly what needs to be done, one giant walk out/boycott, to say, im a human being godammnit and im not going to take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 29-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: sp

edit on 29-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Because the oil is not owned by America, its owned by oil companies, and America is now owned by the oil corporations and the other corporations. Oil drilled in America isn't owned by Americans. It also is owned by the oil companies and the government gets some (usually undercounted) royalties. And the oil that is/was going to be transported by the Keystone pipeline, which SO many people are confused about by thinking this oil will lower the cost of gas in America, is owned by Canadian corporations. And where does ALL this oil go? Out to Market. To the highest bidder. Our own oil, we must buy back in competition with other countries that may be bidding for our oil too. Personally, I think the resources of the US should be sold at a discount to Americans. Or maybe some nationalization. Why are we giving oil companies subsidies, especially when they are making record profits? Oil cost what it costs because the oil companies profit from it, and Americans don't reap the benefits.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Looks to me like the rest of the western world should quit envying our prices, and ask their government why the hell they tax their petro at 100%.

You level out your taxes, and you are not paying that much more than us. Considering the amount of oil that we produce, that would seem reasonable.

As I'm sure most Americans would have found, getting the government to do what you want is not as easy as it sounds. I fight them as much as I can, but they have the upper hand, for now anyway. What's frustrating is when you have masses of people supporting them, deluded by their deception.

Unless America turns around drastically, higher fuel prices due to increased taxation will become a reality - as the elite struggle to prop up the economy to stop all hell breaking loose and maintain their position.

Eventually they'll push their luck too far, then when we have the support of the masses, I say we give 'em hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

We all have our hot button isues. Since the US is so rural and spread out, a sure fire way to get the masses to grab their pitchforks and take to the streets is to tax gas at 100%.

I have seen Europeans starting to boil over.

When my brothers and sisters are ready, I am here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No more wars, no more need to trash the planet.

Too bad that the ones in power are ones without a backbone.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In order to maintain profits OPEC undergoes cartel collusion, thusly eliminating competition and therefore maintaining high market price of gasoline(no competition leaves set prices high). It is the paper definition of illegal business activity. But because there are big business/political interests at stake, it's ok.

Anakark

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ok I just calculate what a gallon would cost here in Germany... we pay arround 1,7€ for 1 Liter this makes 8,32$ a gallon... and you pay less than half of this price... be happy and enjoy you muscle cars

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
Ok I just calculate what a gallon would cost here in Germany... we pay arround 1,7€ for 1 Liter this makes 8,32$ a gallon... and you pay less than half of this price... be happy and enjoy you muscle cars

OK, but I already addressed this.

Our government is only charging about 50 cents a gallon in tax. That takes our 3.75 price down to 3.25 "real" price.

You are paying about 8 bucks a gallon. Half of that is tax. Your government is screwing you over on fuel taxes. Don't hate on us, hold them to account for it.

Otherwise, we are paying about the same price. If you consider that we produce a LOT of oil, it is easy to understand why your "real" price of 4 bucks a gallon would be a little higher than our 3.25.

And I love my truck. I can leave rubber on the road even when already moving and in 2 or 3rd gear.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

$3.15 a gallon! My husband almost got a job transfer to Portland
when we first got married.He had his choices of Portland,texas or
retiring.He wanted the Portland job but someone beat him to it.He
didn't want texas,so he retired.
He was retired for about 2 months then got this job offer in ohio.I
think our gas is in the $3.50's.I have to put premium in my car

My husband can put any kind of gas in his, but right now his coolant
is leaking,he is driving my car
Mama is stuck at home with the children.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join