It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK here we go............

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Gas is on average $3:15 per gallon.

Run with it......

Explain to me why this is after Bush took the supposed mother load in Iraq.......

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Probably because we're idiots and still buy it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Probably because we're idiots and still buy it.

AND

Fight wars over....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Because Bama says don't drill here?..

That's considered a low price here compared to many countries.

Eta maybe lower prices would prove the whole 'blood for oil' agenda.

We should be entitled to at least a 20% discount? ...... Rewards card?....something

edit on 28-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow, only $3.15 a gallon?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Gas is 3.99$ a gallon here where i am..

but still a good question when we have been told that our surpluses...

are full to bursting..

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The motherlode was not for our benefit. $3.15 a gallon where you at? I'm paying $3.53

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
The motherlode was not for our benefit. $3.15 a gallon where you at? I'm paying $3.53

Portland Oregon

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
$3.89 in western Washington

Cause we'll pay it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Compared to the rest of the world, we actually have it pretty cheap.

Iraqi oil reserves would last the world 4 years if we could extract it all, which is unlikely... Most of the wells due to war and corruption have been left I maintained and the production is around 2 million barrels a day... It will take many years of stability and investment before they will have any effect...

The USA uses 19 million barrels per day, if we consumed all of Iraqi production it would but be about 1/10th of our consumption... In the end their production is not only too small but also spread among the highest bidders, and thus have little effect on our price...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The gasoline you are currently using in your vehicles was refined when gas was higher, at approximately $92 per barrel of crude. Since that refined oil was bought at a higher price, that's what you're seeing at the pump.

The current price of crude per barrel is, as of this writing, $86.06, and fluctuating between $86 and $89. Crude oil bottomed at $85 this week.

I have a sinking feeling that the price of oil is being artificially supressed because it's right before the election, and people who are angry over the price of gas aren't going to vote for the incumbent.

Just wait until later in November. If we're lucky, they'll keep it down a bit longer. If we're not, after the election, it may really spike up. They'll give some lame reason as to why, and we'll suck it up and pay more because we have no choice, unless people stop driving.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by invient

Compared to the rest of the world, we actually have it pretty cheap.

Iraqi oil reserves...

Not to get tooo far off topic, the US produces about on average 50% of what it consumes.......
edit on 28-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Explain to me why this is after Bush took the supposed mother load in Iraq.......

He took the mother lode for the oil companies to keep it for themselves. That doesn't mean that they are going to cut us any slack when it comes to the price. They basically had more oil fields opened up by having certain impediments removed....such as the rightful owners, the legal government, and any people who didn't like what these multi-national oil companies were doing. All done under the aegis of "Operation Iraqi Freedom", and paid for with the blood of innocents and our young men and women sent over there under false pretenses.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

He took the mother lode for the oil companies to keep it for themselves. That doesn't mean that they are going to cut us any slack when it comes to the price.

AND the profits?

I'm just curious if there is a correlation?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, the best idea is to stop buying into it, to end lining their pockets while we suck like pigs at their pumps, simply by not putting our money directly into it with our own hands and free will, but that would be asking too much wouldn't it? And we blame someone else?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
Well, the best idea is to stop buying into it

And

You travel by rail and BUS how often?
edit on 28-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's really quite simple.
First I would like to give you some previous reasons we were given to hide the truth.
Kids were out of school.
Low tire pressure
Memorial Day
High cost of airline travel forced Americans to drive longer distances
China was buying it all
Hurricanes
Oil well fires
Exploding refineries
There are other reasons which were also mostly lies.

The truth is because the value of the dollar has declined world wide. That's the real truth.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

That's considered a low price here compared to many countries.

Yep it's about $5.60 per gallon (£1.40 per litre) in the UK!
edit on 28/10/12 by Insomniac because: clarity

link   
iraq sells most of their oil to china, thanks to obama.

link   

Profits? They don't need no stinking PROFITS....but, of course, they're going to take them anyway, massive amounts of profits from oil fields they have no right to, didn't pay for, and didn't have to drill.

It's always about profits. According to gascalc.appspot.com... , if the price of oil per barrel is $85, we should pay $2.91 at the pump. At $92 per barrel of crude, we should pay $3.02.

Clearly, the oil companies are making a tidy profit. There may be local taxes which would bring the price up somewhat, but not to these levels. Today, I paid $3.79 per gallon for the lowest grade, and not 1/2 a mile away is a big oil field. Texas classically has some of the lowest prices for gas, but that hasn't been true lately, and I'm at a loss as to why.

Something isn't adding up between the crude price and the pump prices. All I know is, look out after the elections are over.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join