It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Paranoid Are You ATS?...A Brief Inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Do you wear a tin-foil hat? Or do you simply remain alert and deny ignorance?

Simply by virtue of being an ATS member it would be expected that you are a careful
person, aware and informed, not one to follow blindly along with the mainstream sheeples.

But how far do you take it?

What quirky things do you do, OR what important steps do you take
to protect yourself from surveillance, or prepare yourself for disaster, or the
impending doom of some prophetic date?

My list is fairly short mostly because I live in a rural area of the US...

For instance, I do not have a tin-foil hat, but I do own a makeshift Faraday cage

Of the more quirky things I do, my laptop web-cam (as mentioned in another thread)
does have a piece of tape over it, my cell phone has no GPS, and my two vehicles
intentionally have no computerized components.

There are many other things I do, and ways I have prepared. Some of them are quirky,
and some (I believe) are not. I'll provide my full list later on and we can find out how
I measure up against all you tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists

edit on 28-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was hoping for a quiz...like in a list of questions....maybe with multiple choice answers....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I have a beautiful piece of quartz crystal placed at the base of my computer screen. The computer is inorganic as in man made and the crystal reminds me of our organic world - the one we have moved away from. I am aware that natural elements are required for many - if not all - our modern push button technology - but not in their natural state.

Think of food coming directly from the ground/tree and being eaten in a pure form. Now we don't even think about food before we eat it from a plastic container that has been through any number of processes and thereby ceases to be organic or in any way natural.

I do not see myself as paranoid - just curious and knowing that information is tightly controlled I seek to dig deep and work on questions to which I want answers. I also want to stay connected to my natural world.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Yes, I changed the thread title when I realized I had posted an inquiry and not a quiz. I had
originally intended a quiz but realized I didn't want to pigeon hole the responses...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Your philosophy reminds me of the Native Americans, who will give thanks to the animal that died to
provide them with their food. At my house we eat a lot of whole food, as you do. I realized awhile back
that whole food was the way to go. It is what we humans have been eating for thousands of years and
surely our digestive systems process it much better than the chemical goo mostly found at the
supermarket nowadays.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My really important research and projects take place entirely off-line. The snoopers are so computer-oriented that the world of analog is invisible to them. Today's men in black cannot bother with paging through my stacks of notebooks....

I do my conspiracy research at the library, where you can google on a computer with no connection to you.

I am so paranoid that I have actually paid a relative to drive my cell-phone around on my "habitual" daily route, while I was elsewhere.

I leave "puzzles" in my office and at home, so I detect whether anyone has searched my belongings while I was out. The old "moist hair stuck across a door or drawer" from the James Bond movie Dr. No.

I create faux files, both desktop and filing cabinet, to see who goes through my stuff.

I frequently take pictures with my phone: utility trucks and vans that linger, cars that follow, cars that recur in my parking lot, etc. I save them where they can be found on my computer--both by snoopers, and by my possible next of kin.

I have an old rotary phone that I plug in for a land line. It is so old it takes the full 90 volts, and I can monitor line drops caused by warrant-ordered tappings. (warrantless taps usually work off of inductance. The impedance is to small to reliably measure, so you can't detect those types of taps).

I'm so paranoid that one of the items I've posted has been altered for my own protection.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Thx, that was what I was looking for. The old rotary phone, and the hair over the drawer.
I'm not so far out there after all. My cell phone is at least six years old, and I have two of them
and an extra battery. I won't buy a smart phone, for several reasons. One is economics,
the internet charge is mandatory thru ATT for a smart phone. Another is because any internet
phone can be surveilled quite easily with a simple program available on the internet....and it is
legal. Any person who could gain access to your phone for two or three minutes could call one
number and have all future communication from your phone uploaded to a website. That means
email, passwords, text messages, and whereabouts at all times could be monitored, legally,
by ANYONE. The other reason is that lawyers can use info from your cell phone against you in
court, and the NSA or FBI, or any gov agency, can access your microphone remotely and your
video-cam remotely, whenever they want, under the new surveillance laws in the US.

That part of it is not conspiracy, but business as usual, fact. Law enforcement made over a
million requests last year in the US for phone records....no thanks to the IPhone for me

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There is a plastic film that you can buy, impervious to cell-phone frequencies. They make little passport sized baggies out of it, so your smart-passport and smart-phone cannot be pinged. Of course, that alerts them that you have something to hide.... for less conspicuous for your cell phone to continue its daily route, as if everything were perfectly normal, and you were just an honest, hardworking taxpayer.

You can also buy security cameras for your home for less than $200 per unit. You can either dvr the surprisingly high quality video. Better still, you can upload it to the web, and record it to a remote location. One in a whole 'nother jurisdiction, where your oppressors have no clout.

Then there's the game cameras that hunters use. You tie them to a tree, and they remotely record any motion you set it for. It is camoflaged to look like tree-trunk. What a great way to validate your allegations that you're being followed and harrased, to have documentation like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why do you want to know? Who are you working for? Are you watching me? Get out of my head!

new topics

top topics

join