It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just wondering if it would be possible to raise an infant in a confinded area, where the notation of time did not exist. Ive heard for an unreliable source that they have done this, but what do you think what happen?

Also, i was thinking, maybe there is no way we can travel back and forth in time. How would we reverse events that happened, because isnt time not physical, so therefore uncontrollable in any way.

Maybe someone's catching my drift.

Answer and Think away

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a search done on the ats search function. About 100-150 threads.

Edit, aparently tou cant do that, so put each word in a
box, change to last 12 months, and 150. Hit sumit.

I used the words. "what is time"

[edit on 19-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

E_T

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Actually time is kept as dimension. (at least gravity "bends" it like "normal" space)
And one theory is that if you would change something in past it would create new (parallel) universe with those events.

Here's some answers:
curious.astro.cornell.edu...

[edit on 19-10-2004 by E_T]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They think everytime we changed something if we went back in time that has already happened it would cause not that to happen in our reality but it would start a spin of universe so to speak where the thing you changed would be changed. But in our world everything would be as it was but traveling back would be a problem.

Time is nothing anymore the clock says its 5.00 pm you treat it likes its 5.00 whether it is or not.

Time no longer matters the diffrance between a second, a minute and a life time are minete. You get to the end of this year, look back and think danm that went quick. What do you think you will be thinking when you draw your last breath. Time is nothing it only matters in the momment your liveing otherwise its just history a pointless has been of what is ultimately nothingness.

So why bother?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Time is a mesurment(?) that man made up...or something like that. Please correct me and smack me if I am wrong

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
Time is a mesurment(?) that man made up...or something like that. Please correct me and smack me if I am wrong

Not getting into advanced physicsy stuff-

Time is a measurement of two events. For example, how many ticks of a clock between laps on a track.

An equally valid question, that may help you understand better, is "What is measurement". For example, define a meter.

new topics

top topics

join