It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and the millitary/security forces.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was reading a thread about SETI earlier and it got me thinking.

Any millitary/security forces must always be prepared for the unknown and therefore must assume there's an enemy behind every rock etc. This should and MUST also include the possibility of an alien invasion!

Loose lips cost lives.
For about the last 100 years our planet has been broadcasting radio waves of all types like a demented flashing beacon, and on top of that we've been exploding atomic bombs, not just on earth, but in space too!
All this broadcasting is a SERIOUS security breach, yet it continues on an increasing scale!

Now, the millitary/security forces are not stupid, they know how loudly we are shouting our presence across the galaxy, yet they dont care.

Why dont they care?
The only reason I can think of is they must already know WHO is out there!!
If they dont know who's out there then they should not be allowing all this rf noise we are creating.

Their behaviour suggests to me that they not only know who is out there, but they've also had contact and know there's no threat to our planet.

The argument that there is nothing close enough is not a sound argument because those radiowaves will eventualy travell far enough to reach other galaxies, and we must think about our future.
The argument that our radio waves weaken over distance is not sound either because we only need to look at the VERY weak signals that we can pick up with our PRIMITIVE receivers to know that our signals will be noticable to any advanced civilisation.

So, Why would highly intelligent sucurity forces allow our continued and ever increasing announcment of our presence? Surely this is proof that they DO know who IS out there?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i can remember reading somewhere that it will take something like 300 years for the first radio signals to reach our nearest star. or i could be very wrong there, but its something of a significant amount of time for sure.
anyway, how do you think they can stop radio waves and signals going out into space?
they obviously cant.
edit on 28/10/12 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

at 110 light-years away from earth — the edge of a radio ‘sphere’ which contains many star systems — our very first radio broadcasts are beginning to arrive. At 74 light-years away, television signals are being introduced. Star systems at a distance of 50 light-years are now entering the ‘Twilight Zone’.

[One] way to think of [the inverse square law] is that the strength of a radio signal will be only 1/4 as great once you are twice the distance from the source. At ten times the distance, the strength of the signal would only be one hundredth as great. Because of this ‘inverse square law’, all of our radio signals become indistinguishable from background noise at around a few light-years from earth. For a civilization only a couple hundred light-years away, trying to listen to our broadcasts would be like trying to detect the small ripple from a pebble dropped in the pacific ocean off the coast of California – from Japan
Source

Human beings are making it harder for extraterrestials to pick up our broadcasts and make contact, the world's leading expert on the search for alien life warned yesterday. "The trouble is that we are making ourselves more and more difficult to be heard," said Dr Drake.

"We are broadcasting in much more efficient ways today and are making our signals fainter and fainter." In the past, TV and radio programmes were broadcast from huge ground stations that transmitted signals at thousands of watts. These could be picked up relatively easily across the depths of space, astronomers calculated. Now, most TV and radio programmes are transmitted from satellites that typically use only 75 watts and have aerials pointing toward Earth, rather than into space. "For good measure, in America we have switched from analogue to digital broadcasting and you are going to do the same in Britain very soon," Drake added. "When you do that, your transmissions will become four times fainter because digital uses less power."

"Very soon we will become undetectable," he said. In short, in space no one will hear us at all.

Source

So in some ways we are controlling our signals though they have already reached many other star systems. I doubt there is a global conspiracy to do this from fear over enemy alien listening posts yet it is at least a concern for some and has been for many years.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
i can remember reading somewhere that it will take something like 300 years for the first radio signals to reach our nearest star. or i could be very wrong there, but its something of a significant amount of time for sure.

Our nearest Star system is Alpha Centauri, which is "only" 4.3 light years away. The Hipparcos Satellite detected roughly 120,000 Stars within 100ly. Taking into account that roughly half of all Star systems are binary stars, you're looking at approx. 170,000 Stars within 100 light years.

So, best case is as low as 4.3 years to the next Star system. Not that it means that there is someone watching "I love Lucy" ;-)

I guess theoretically, an alien civilization could receive some of the stuff we're blasting into space, but I think the OP's conclusion is a little overdrawn.

We always conclude that Aliens must, by virtue of being there longer, be more advanced. Even if they're more advanced, then we conclude that they have, somehow, found a way around the light speed limit. What if the laws of physics apply, no matter how advanced you are? What if they figured out the Unified Field Theory and it says: Traveling faster than light - es no posible.... What if FTL travel was possible, but even an advanced civilization can't come up with the funding - they probably have a congress too, and they said "Nope"... no more borrowing from Proxima Centauri, we must cut our debt" ;-)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Now, the millitary/security forces are not stupid,

That's a big leap! The government in general is stupid and inefficient. They can't even run a competent post office -- what makes you think they run a competent military?

We don't put our military in the hands of the government because of the government's competency. We put the military in the hands of the government because the government is supposed to have a monopoly on violent force. A private company with the force of violence won't act very ethically..

edit on 10/28/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, the military and people in high government office already know at least some of what is out there. If anyone does, that is. Which I believe to be so. They may not have the full picture, but then those they are aware of from 'out there' may not either. But they certainly must have more than a clue, more than all the rest of us do. I fear it will never come out until it is too late, particularly where it concerns threats that even those they may be in contact with aren't aware of/or are keeping to themselves.. The hoarding of this most vital of information is criminal, in my judgment/
edit on 28-10-2012 by MTSmooch because: for clarity purposes

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You say:
"So, Why would highly intelligent sucurity forces allow our continued and ever increasing announcment of our presence? Surely this is proof that they DO know who IS out there?"

You miss the obvious by having your question backwards.
They (the ETs) already know we are here. Being virtually masters of the universe, it matters not one fig what we broadcast out there or what weapon systems (such as "Star Wars" we pretend to have for our defence.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

anyway, how do you think they can stop radio waves and signals going out into space?
they obviously cant.
edit on 28/10/12 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

They recently announced finding a PLANET thats almost in the "Goldilocks zone" just TWO lightyears away.
If there are more planets in that area and ET lives on them then they've been listening to us for about 100 years.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
I guess theoretically, an alien civilization could receive some of the stuff we're blasting into space,

For the purposes of security, all we need to know is "an alien civilization could receive some of the stuff we're blasting into space"

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

we have transmitted our position to the universe. The Planet earth is a vibratory ball of compressed light. fire off a nuclear bomb and is alters the vibration. The wave which connected to every other planet in universe is altered and every planet where aliens have connected into their planets vibration will know instantly.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
You say:
"So, Why would highly intelligent sucurity forces allow our continued and ever increasing announcment of our presence? Surely this is proof that they DO know who IS out there?"

You miss the obvious by having your question backwards.
They (the ETs) already know we are here. Being virtually masters of the universe, it matters not one fig what we broadcast out there or what weapon systems (such as "Star Wars" we pretend to have for our defence.

I'm not very good with the words
but thats kinda what I am saying, they do know we are here and TPTB know that, thats why they dont try to hide from them.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

As far as Radio Wave Broadcasts...I wouldn't worry about it as this Planet has been being visited for Thousands of Years. It was not until we started Detonating Nuclear Bombs that Visitation and interest in our Nuclear Capabilities that OVERT Visitation became all too real.

To find proof of this look at the Massive E.T. Craft Flyovers of Washington DC in the early 1950's and 60's. The best place to look at this information as well as multiple interviews of both Civilian and Military Leaders public responses can be found in the Washington DC Newspapers which covered these two events that were witnessed by Thousands.

The early 1950's interviews are of particular interest as the U.S. Military was concentrating it's PR efforts to make the U.S. Population know that these craft were not Soviet...as they preferred to state that they were E.T. rather than allow the U.S. Population to believe the Soviets were more advanced than the U.S. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

The Planet earth is a vibratory ball of compressed light.

I'm not disbelieving that, but I've never heard that theory before, is there sensible research on this idea? bcoz if its true then I 100% agree with your post.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

As far as Radio Wave Broadcasts...I wouldn't worry about it as this Planet has been being visited for Thousands of Years. It was not until we started Detonating Nuclear Bombs that Visitation and interest in our Nuclear Capabilities that OVERT Visitation became all too real.

To find proof of this look at the Massive E.T. Craft Flyovers of Washington DC in the early 1950's and 60's. The best place to look at this information as well as multiple interviews of both Civilian and Military Leaders public responses can be found in the Washington DC Newspapers which covered these two events that were witnessed by Thousands.

The early 1950's interviews are of particular interest as the U.S. Military was concentrating it's PR efforts to make the U.S. Population know that these craft were not Soviet...as they preferred to state that they were E.T. rather than allow the U.S. Population to believe the Soviets were more advanced than the U.S. Split Infinity

I agree, my purpose for the op was to try to use the defence agencies lack of concern as evidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

Now, the millitary/security forces are not stupid,

That's a big leap! The government in general is stupid and inefficient. They can't even run a competent post office -- what makes you think they run a competent military?

We don't put our military in the hands of the government because of the government's competency. We put the military in the hands of the government because the government is supposed to have a monopoly on violent force. A private company with the force of violence won't act very ethically..

edit on 10/28/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

Why would you assume that the military is "run" by the government?,Washington and London leak like sieves,so why would these governments be trusted with top grade military know how?.my guess is that the military already analyzed and rationalised the possibilities of terrestrial signals being picked up by other civilisations and dismissed them as having no perceivable threat value.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I would not state that they have a LACK OF CONCERN...but rather there is NOTHING they can do about it. This is the TRUE reality of their attitude. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

i can remember reading somewhere that it will take something like 300 years for the first radio signals to reach our nearest star.

SecretKnowledge, by the looks of this pic the radio bubble doesn't look very big - it states at the link that the diameter is 200 light years across but it does look rather humbling when compared to the incredible vastness of our home galaxy (nevermind the countless billions of other galaxies)

Scroll Right

Extent of Human Radio Broadcasts / The Tiny Humanity Bubble by Adam Grossman
Mankind has been broadcasting radio waves into deep space for about a hundred years now — since the days of Marconi.

That, of course, means there is an ever-expanding bubble announcing Humanity’s presence to anyone listening in the Milky Way. This bubble is astronomically large (literally), and currently spans approximately 200 light years across. But how big is this, really, compared to the size of the Galaxy in which we live (which is, itself, just one of countless billions of galaxies in the observable universe)?

To answer that question, Adam put together the following diagram of our galaxy with the “Humanity Bubble”

link

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The answer to all of your questions is yes, the whole reason for the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind was because a cover-up, basically proven, was slowly let out throught the media because of security reasons.

Here is a clip to show that actual researchers in the field come across aliens being able to dematieralize objects, even cows.

top topics

join