It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy mom wins $85,000 in divorce from banker husband

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anyone remeber Stacey Hessler, the so-called "Occupy Mom"?

Apparently in the grips of some kind of midlife crisis, last year the 39-year-old Ms. Hessler ran away from her home in Florida, where she was the mother to four kids and wife to a husband who worked in a BANK, of all places. She went to NYC, where she proceded to sleep in the park with the occupiers, dredlock her hair, have an affair with a local waiter and fellow occupier, and get arrested for disorderly conduct (see above).

Here are the Hesslers in happier times:

Ms. Hessler was in a way a poster-child for the occupy movement...perhaps motivated by a twisted sense of borgiouse guilt as the wife of a banker and a boring whitebread homemaker, she tried to find fulfillment in the excitement of radical politics. Her story raised eyebrows at the time. Now we see what the results have been:

Occupy mom wins $85,000 in divorce from banker husband

Stacey Hessler has divorced from Curtiss Hessler
He was granted sole custody of their four children
He will also keep their Florida home and assume the mortgage
Divorce papers cite 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason for the split, adding that their 19-year marriage 'is irretrievably broken'.

The mother-of-four who made headlines last year leaving her children to go join Occupy Wall Street is divorcing her husband and cashing in on his banking-earned riches in the process.
Stacey Hessler cites protesting as her profession and famously devoted herself to the Occupy movement, demonstrating against the very banks behind her recently increased cash-flow.
She walks away from former banker Curtiss Hessler with a total of $85,385 from his stock-filled retirement fund and bank account.

Source: Daily Mial

Well what do you think? To me she embodies all the arrogance, selfishness, hypocricy, and entitlement attitude that characterized the worst aspects of the Occupy movment. What kind of mother leaves her kids under these circumstances? They will probably spend the rest of their lives hating her. I'm guessing Ms. Hessler is too selfish and wrapped up in "exploring her empowerment" to care.

edit on 10/28/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I didn't know divorce was like the lottery and you can win money. Cool

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
She ripped off a banker...poetic justice IMO.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

2nd picture of the family in happier times.

Hell, there's an apparition above them with bulging eyes. She must have sensed it and fled to NY city.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Its Main Street after midnight just like it was before
21 months later at the local grocery store
Sherry buys a paper and a cold 6-pack of beer
The headlines read that Sonny is goin' to the chair
She pulls back onto Main Street in her new Mercedes Benz
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
-Robert Earle Keen
"the road goes on forever (and the party never ends)

Even as a cheating, child abandoning, psycho, she stands up for her beliefs by turning down the ill gotten gains of her banker husband.....er, no wait.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How many in this thread know the REAL story behind all this? and I dont mean the twisted msm story!

Maybe he beat her or possibly even worse, we dont know do we!

Not our place to judge this lady.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yea agreed, what's the purpose, bash on her and our society in general?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Boy, talk about a complete 180 degree total flip out......

It does make one wonder what makes a person just *snap* like that....

Seems like in the news there is more and more "normal" people freaking out, either a whole new life all together [abandon family] or crime/murder...

Hmmmm, let's see.......GMO, HAARP, VACCINES, FLUORIDE, CHEM-TRAILS....

Just kidding you guys....
I'm sure people get tired of their same ol' routine and want to do some thing different.

Change of life, I guess....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

From what I understand her hubby worked at a local branch bank in FL. He's likely higher than a teller, but not really high up in the banking food chain.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

.....perhaps motivated by a twisted sense of borgiouse guilt as the wife of a banker....

Okay Comrade, perhaps it was.

On the other hand...Perhaps she felt a calling and need to become involved in history being made before her very eyes. I wasn't homeless and I sure as hell wasn't desparate when I joined Occupy and lived with them in St Louis. I own my own home, drove there and actually supplied the camp with over $1,000 in food and equipment to help support the community I chose to join for a brief time.

I suppose it's totally beyond the pale for people to imagine that others do feel a call or a pull toward something larger than themselves? Whether that be Religion, National Service or in this case, a desire to help bring change. The fact her efforts may not have been successful and ...to some...look downright stupid..doesn't make her automatically wrong or....borgiouse?! Damn. This isn't 1917 Russia and we aren't welcoming the Communists in to put down the Czar and his ministers. I haven't heard that language ever used outside Communist propaganda.

*OP... I generally like your posts too. I came back to add that. This one? Wow.. You're on a different planet from me...and maybe dimension too.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I agree. We don't know anything about their marriage. We do know that she was a wife and a mother for at least 18 years.

He gets the house and the kids, she gets $85,000. Not really a lot if marital property alimony are considered. Maybe the husband paid her off so that he could keep the kids.

It's not really so different than some banker leaving his wife and 4 kids for a young teller, and screwing his wife over financially in the divorce. That happens a lot, actually.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I read the story as she gave up her children for 85,000 dollars.
Placing a dollar value on her children,
appears to have the same behavior as a banker.
She was unable to save her children from a banker.
All that protest against a system,
only to settle that the system gets her children,
and she received a cash settlement.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
How many in this thread know the REAL story behind all this? and I dont mean the twisted msm story!

Not only must you be careful of the "twisted msm story", but even more so, careful with "twisted Right-wing lies, distortions, twisting, and disgraceful cheap-shots" which never ends with them regarding the Occupy movement and the many fine folks who were involved with it.

Wonder why the Right hates it when common-folks get together to exercise their freedom to assemble and protest the criminal and unethical actions of the corrupt super-wealthy. I wonder why... oh yea maybe, its because the Right-wing is all about the super wealthy and they CLEARLY despise any freedoms or rights for the commoners...
edit on 28-10-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Dissecting someone's personal life again on ATS?

Ooooh what a witch this woman is! What a terrible mother! What a terrible person! I bet if she didn't have a vagina you guys wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Man leaves his wife for a woman half his age, abandoning his kids in the process? There'd be no problem with that on ATS, posters would probably insinuate that his wife was defective and due for a mechanical check anyway.

People made bad decisions all the time and "mid-life crisis" is a big hint on wtf happened to this family!

top topics

join