It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Smokin in Shamokin - Looking for Comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was reading a blog and came across the following links. I watched the videos and wondered if anyone else knew anything about them or what they claim. They appear to be from a couple of home remodelers in the City of Shamokin, Pennsylvania. They claim to be documenting corruption in this small town. The videos attempt to look professional; but, are clearly low production value. They appear to be sincere. If there is anyone in the area I would like to know what you know about this. Thanks.

YouTube - Something's Smokin in Shamokin Episode 1

They also have a Facebook page; but, I don't use Facebook, here is the link.

Facebook - Something's Smokin in Shamokin

They are currently claiming that one of the people involved in the project is being violated on parole for a technical violation which may or may not be appropriate. I am trying to do my part by at least getting others to be aware of what is going on.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That's an hour long video....

Could you give us a brief synopsis of what the story is?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Dear rival,

It is basically as I described, two guys attempting to prove corruption in a small mining town in Pennsylvania. They wanted to remodel a bunch of houses and bring in some investors, they believe the town is headed for a renewal and that a few families that run the town are preventing it. The best way to make money is to devalue something, but it and then sell it when you know things are going to improve. Government insider trading more or less. There is a lot of that going on across the nation right now. Many cities are taking over "abandoned" property (actually foreclosed property) and then selling it to friends at cheap prices. This seems to go in line with that.
edit on 28-10-2012 by AQuestion because: No edit

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Dear rival,

I know the video is long and I really don't expect many will watch it; but, I would ask you to and give your comments. I don't know these people, live on the West Coast and couldn't find it on a map; but, the story if true is worthy of being distributed.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You might want to talk to the fella posting here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Something's Smoking in Shamokin: A Real Conspiracy in a small city

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Dear Pauligirl,

Thanks I will.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Dear Pauligirl,

LOL, that is where I heard about the story. I couldn't remember where I came across it. I even posted on it back then. I remembered the video and looked it up today and discovered that one of the guys was being sought on a parole violation that seems pretty silly.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are a lot of small towns in American operated just like the one in this video. Entire town controlled by just a few families. It is the worst kind of situation to be living in. There is no democracy for people in those towns and all efforts to improve the situation will be met with the bought off government, crooked police and capitalist families. I hope those guys stick it to these people.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
These kind of small town politics are everywhere. Particularly where there's money to be made.

I know of one rotten scheme right here in Lake County Illinois. There's a section of road in Grayslake known as the "Millburn Strangler" where it always backs up because of cars trying to turn left. The easy fix? Paint out the lines on the southbound side shoulder and remove a sign that says "No passing on the shoulder". Change it to a bypass lane. Seems like a $1000 job that two guys with a truck with some cans of road paint could do in under a week. But what does the County propose? Taking up a large piece of property and building a new section of road for a cool million. Sounds like a big stinkin' heap of B.S. to me, and it's obvious as hell to anyone in the area. Apparently somebody liable to make out like a bandit from sale of that property is on a county seat or has a few friends with county government connections.

new topics

top topics

join